Status: Complete

I Will Not Bow

Chapter 7

Somewhere near the borderline of Califronia the man from earlier sat in a diner reading the newspaper and sipping his coffee. He wasn't really reading it. He was looking for any news of recent strange murders or deaths where the victims had been found either drained of blood or with strange marks on their bodies.

He sighed at finding no stories in the paper of any. But he knew some were either happening at that moment or the bodies had yet to be found.

"Bastards are good at hiding their victims." He thought running a hand through his shaggy hair.

He glanced out the window looking at his motorcycle which was in the bed of his Dodge truck. Looking at it brought back memories of his wife and child.

His wife had been afraid of even sitting on it. He had managed to convince her to give it a chance. Memories came of how they sped down the highway together. Her arms wrapped tightly around his waist. They would ride all day and night without a care in the world.

Then there was his daughter. She wasn't his biological daughter but he had loved her and still loved her just the same. Initially his wife was uncertain about allowing her on the bike.

Just like with her he convince her to let their daughter on. He would sometimes ride down the highway with only his daughter sitting either in front or behind him. Or sometimes she would be sitting in front with her mother sitting behind.

He smiled at these memories cherishing them while they had lasted. His smile faded at that fateful day his family was taken away from him forever.

His daughter had never been camping so they decided during the summer break they would go camping. He had rented a camping trailer.

When they arrived there he had thought her everything he had learned growing up. How to fish, hunt, listen to te sounds of nature, how to skip rocks, and even how to skin the animals they catched.

He chuckled remembering how grossed out she was about it.

Then the day came when he lost them. It was a fairly dreary looking day. It was misty, gray, and there was a lit drizzle throughout so they were forced to stay inside the trailer.

"Dad you cheated!" His daughter who was twelve at the time said.

He chuckled. "Did not I'm just good at Hearts."

"Y'all are fighting over cards again?" His wife asked appearing from the kitchen.

"Yeah cause she can't take a lose." He said.

"No cause dad jerks cheating." She said then squealed when he grabbed her tickling her.

"Don't know what I'm gonna do with you two." His wife said with a smile.

At that moment there was a knock at the door. They looked at each other confused before she went over to answer it.

"Hello." She said. "Can we help you?"

"Yeah is it okay if I stay here till the rain stops?" The stranger asked.

"Sure it is come on." His wife said letting him in.

The stranger was a muscular guy with tattooed sleeves, buzz cut head, and eyes that he would never forget.

He was brought out his thoughts by a news bulletin. His attention focused on it.

"Police are investigating the death of twenty year old Autumn Chandler who's body was found in the Huntington Beach this morning." The reporter said. "Police can't confirm a cause of death but they believe her death is one of many of mysterious deaths in which the victims were found with strange pinprint marks on their bodies."

"I'll be damned." He said getting up, paying his bill, then walked out the diner.

Getting in his truck he started the engine and drove away heading for Huntington.

"Can't find no immediate cause of death." The medical examiner said examining Autumn's body.

"She had those strange marks on every inch of her body almost." Doctor Wise said writing it on her clipboard.

"The results came back it appears she's been completely drained of blood." He said.

"Drained of blood?" Doctor Wise said. "But how there are no big injuries to have caused it."

"I know but that's what came back." He said examining her lower region. "Whoever did this is one sick of a bitch she's been raped vaginally and anally."

"Jesus who would do something like this?" Doctor Wise asked.

"Don't know but hopefully the police will find out and have their ass executed." He said placing the bed holding her body on a stretcher.

"Poor thing." Doctor Wise said pushing the drawer holding her body in and locking it.

Her and her assistant cleaned up and left the room leaving some lights on.

Inside the drawer the body layed motionless as visions and flashbacks of her death flashed in her head. A scream which was her last breath made her now luminescent green eyes open.

She looked at where she was at gasping softly. Putting her hands against the ceiling of the drawer. She started pounding hoping someone would hear her.

Outside the drawer you could hear a pounding noise as the drawer creaked and squeaked. It got louder and more persistent until...

The door burst open as a pale foot appeared the body freed from the drawer.