Status: Complete

I Will Not Bow

Chapter 9

Autumn groaned softly as she opened her eyes closing them as a bright light shined in them. She looked to her left hearing a beeping noise to discover she had a needle in her arm that was pumping blood from a bag into her.

She sat up and groaned grabbing her head. "You need to take it easy and not go so fast." A voice said.

Autumn looked and saw an Asian looking woman sitting in a chair near the end of the bed.

"Who are you?" She asked.

"My name is Sita." She said.

"What happened?" Autumn asked.

"You found out the hard no pun intended way that you can't die." She said.

She looked seeing her hand in gauze and wrapped up. Her face felt like a brick had been slammed into it multiple times, lip was busted.

She pulled the blanket back seeing her bruised leg watching as it slowly healed. Autumn's good eye widen her other one was covered with gauze.

"How long have I been out?" She asked.

"Two days now." Sita said. "We thought you weren't gonna wake up."

"We?" Autumn asked then glanced as the door opened and a man entered.

"Hello." He said. "My name is Julio."

Autumn scrambled as he came over. "You don't have to be afraid of us Autumn we won't hurt you." Sita said.

"Who are you people?" She asked.

"We're people who are very interested in the people who did this to you." Julio said. "Avenged Sevenfold."

"That's what they call themselves?" She asked.

Julio nodded. "As I'm sure you know by now they're vampires and you unfortunately are one too."

"Vampire?" Autumn gasped out then shuddered. "Back at the homeless shelter that man...

She stopped as she began sobbing. "It's okay Autumn." Sita said stroking her hair as she cried into her shirt.

"I killed someone that is not okay." She said.

"Shh." Sita said laying her back on the bed and tucking her in.

"Get some rest." Julio said then said something in Japanese touching her forehead.

Later on Autumn woke up finding her wounds completely healed but the bite marks remained. She got up and walked out the room and into a warehouse that had blaring music and a guy working on a car.

"Look who's up." He said wiping his hands and coming over. "I'm Oliver it's nice to meet you."

Autumn simply nodded as Sita and Julio came over. "Feeling better?" He asked.

"I'll feel even more better when I get some answers." She said and her stomach rumbled. "And some food."

"Of course." Julio said going to a fridge and coming back over with a blood bag.

Autumn made a face but took it sipping it. It didn't taste as good as the old mans blood but it wasn't bad.

"Sit and we'll explain." Sita said. "First off what is currently occupying your mind?"

"How my life is over all because of those bastards." Autumn said.

Julio smiled. "What else is there?"

"Nothing except I wish I could do something about them." Autumn said. "Are y'all hunters?"

Sita nodded. "We've been hunting this gang of vampires for years but they always manage to evade us."

"You're not the first person to fall victim to them and you won't be the last unless they're stopped." Oliver said.

"What can I do?" Autumn asked.

"The real question is what do you want?" Sita asked.

"I want to be human again and see my family." She said.

They all gave her sympathetic looks. "You can't cause everyone believes you're dead." Julio said. "I'm so sorry."

Autumn sighed then looked up with determination. "They killed not only me but my best friend and God knows how many others." "I want to stop them so they can't do this to anyone else."

Sita smiled. "That's the answer we're looking for."

"How do I find them though?" Autumn asked.

"We'll guide you in your search." Julio said then pulled out a paper of Avenged. "Rev, Christ, Vengeance, Gates, and

"Shadows." Autumn said. "He'll be the last one on my list."

"There's more of us all over." Oliver said. "They'll help you."

"How exactly do I kill them?" She asked.

"We can give you tools and training you'll need." Julia said going to the fridge and coming back with a blue liquid. "Until then this will help with the thirst."

"What happens when I run out?" Autumn asked.

"That's entirely up to you." Sita said. "Whether you give into the bloodlust is all on you."

Autumn looked at her reflection as she dyed her hair dark brown before washing it out. After she dried it she grabbed some scissors and cut her hair into a bob cut.

"You've been reborn Autumn." Sita's words came back as she got dressed. "From now on embrace your shadow side the side you kept hidden from everyone you loved."

Autumn grabbed a dark denim jacket finishing her look before walking out the room to the others.

Oliver finished using the blowtorch on what he was making before holding it up and walked over to her. What he had in his hands was a crossbow with specially made arrows.

Autumn looked at the weapon glanced at Julio and Sita who nodded. She took the weapon marveling it and running her finger slowly down it finally coming to the point of the arrow that was ready to fire.

Autumn looked at them and said...

"I'm ready."
♠ ♠ ♠
Autumn's Clothes and Haircut:
http://s5.thisnext.com/media/largest_dimension/45A66DAA.jpg
http://www.dhgate.com/product/women-crochet-lace-back-tank-top-sleeveless/142758865.html
http://applesofgold.com/RBER-1.html
https://www.thehunt.com/the-hunt/G2PsrB-black-lace-tights
http://www.polyvore.com/casual_womens_combat_boots_with/thing?id=74908246
http://www.thehairstyler.com/celebrity-hairstyles/hayden-panettiere
http://m.flickr.com/lightbox?id=4040323034