‹ Prequel: Freeze
Sequel: Hate Me
Status: Enjoy! Ehehehe

Long Gone

And So It Begins

'He will pay...they will all pay.' That is the only thought that goes through Loki's mind day in and day out. For that past four months Loki has planned his revenge in honor of his beloved Cora. For four months, Loki stood by Thor's side and watched as he as well as the rest of Asgard forgot about Cora. They all pushed her out of their mind and hearts, they acted as though she never existed, but not Loki. Loki could not just forget his best friend or his first and only love. Oh they would pay alright, Loki would make sure of that.

Today was a big day in Asgard, today was Thor Odinson's coronation...again. Dressed in his finest armor, Thor walked the halls of the palace without a care in the world. Today was his day, today he would become the new King of Asgard. Thor stood with a goblet of mead in his hand outside of the throne room. Loki soon came and stood by his side. “Nice feathers,” Loki teased with a smirk on his face and Thor looked at Loki with a raised eyebrow.

“Really? You want to do this now, you great cow?” Thor questioned and Loki laughed shaking his head.

“I meant it with the utmost sincerity,” Loki lied and Thor rolled his eyes.

“You have never spoke with sincerity to anyone other then Co-”

“I do now,” Loki said cutting Thor off from saying her name. Loki went on to give Thor a heartfelt speech that was worthy of a few tears.

Thor clasped Loki on the back of his neck and smiled, “Thank you Brother,” Thor said and Loki smirked.

“Now give us a kiss,” Loki puckered up his lips a little and Thor laughed shaking his head.

“Stop it,” Thor said and let Loki go. In the mist of their jesting a servant came with a fresh goblet of mead for Thor. “When I am King, I have half the mind to make you court jester,” Thor stated and the servant chuckled while Loki frowned. The servant noticed Loki's look of displeasure and he quickly stopped laughing. Loki twisted his wrist and the servant shouted in protest, dropping the goblet. “Loooooooki!” Thor wined watching as three snakes slithered about the floor before the servant. “That was a waste of good drink,” Thor complained.

“Oh it was all in good fun,” Loki snickered as he smirked at the servant. “Right? Just a good laugh,” Loki stated and the servant hurried away while the two brothers laughed.

“You should stand with our friends,” Thor stated when he collected himself enough from laughing.

“I will be fine by mother,” Loki stated and Thor frowned.

“Very well...”

“Come Brother. It is time for you to go,” Loki said and Thor waved him off.

“Go. I will be along shortly,” Thor ordered and Loki nodded his head. As he walked off he couldn't help, but smirk.

“Enjoy your peace now, Thor Odinson,” Loki muttered to himself and he headed into the throne room to stand by Frigga.

Much like before Loki stood off to the side and watched Thor kneel before Odin. Odin gave his speech, changing it from the one before and Loki fought hard without himself to keep his face neutral of any emotion when flashed from the last coronation flew through his mind. What Loki wouldn't give to have had Cora by his side.

“And do you swear to preserve the peace?”

“I swear.” Loki bite his tongue nearly drawling blood to keep himself from smirking, he knew what was to happen next.

“On this day, I Odin, All-Father, will proclaim you-” Odin stopped speaking and he looked straight ahead at something only he could see. Cue the Frost Giants. “Frost Giants,” Odin hissed and Loki couldn't stop the smirk that slipped onto his face. 'Just like last time,' Loki thought to himself and he was quick to follow Odin and Thor as they stormed out of the throne room. They walked down the steps to the weapons vault and Odin made sure that nothing was stolen.

“That is it!” Thor shouted. “No more Father! We must make them pay for what they have done.”

“They did pay,” Odin stated. “With their lives, the greatest payment of all,” Odin sighed and Thor glared at his father.

“They have come into Asgard three times! We need to attack now!”

“We have a treaty with th-”

“To Hell with your treaty!” Thor roared. “They have broken it three times, they are testing you Father. How many more must die? Was the Barbosa lineage not enough?!” Thor's bellowing voice echoed throughout the vault and faded into silence. Loki stared at Thor in shock. He had known that Thor would bring up deaths, but not Lord Kellin and Cora's.

Odin turned on his eldest son and glared, “What would you have me do Thor? Charge into Jotunheim and kill everyone single last one of them?” Odin shouted. “Those who disobeyed are dead! There are no survivors, there never are,” Odin hissed. “I will not start a war-”

“They already have!” Thor yelled and Odin shook his head.

“I will not start a war,” Odin stated and walked away leaving Loki and Thor alone in the vault. Thor stormed out before Loki could have said anything. Alone by himself, Loki smirked and looked around at the bodies.

“And so it begins,” he muttered to himself and left the vault in search of Thor.

Image

It had not been so hard to fine Thor and it wasn't hard at all to get him rallied up enough so that he single handedly convinced The Warrior's Three and Lady Sif to head to Jotunheim with him. Loki was pleased with himself, so pleased that he ran to tell the only person who would listen and not judge him for his actions. Loki easily opened the doors to the chamber and he was hit with the warming scent of vanilla and peaches. Loki stepped into the room and he walked right into the bed chambers. Without a word Loki stood in the threshold for a little while just staring, he had so much to say, but his words flew out the window when he saw her.

Loki took a deep breath and walked into the room, he sat down in the chair that he put at her bedside. Reaching out, Loki slipped one of his hands underneath hers, he laced their fingers together and sighed. “Hello darling,” Loki greeted. “Today was the big day. The Frost Giants played right into my hand, it won't be long now until everyone gets what they deserve. We will get our revenge soon darling, it's just within our reach,” Loki spoke with such a fire in his eyes, he meant every word. “Thor has convinced his friends to join him in Jotunheim, I will go as well. Can't let them suspect anything now can I? I'll tell Heimdall to get Odin once we leave...Thor and the others can not die in Jotunheim.” Loki continues to talk and he frowns when he looks down at the frozen body.

“I truly am sorry Cora. I never meant for you to get hurt...I wish I could take it all back. I love you so much. I know it's pointless to say that now since you can't respond or anything, but I think you can hear me...at least I hope you can.” Loki pulled Cora's hand to his lips and kissed her knuckles. “I miss you...” Loki whispered and let go of Cora's hand. Loki stood up, bent over and kissed her frozen lips lightly, like he had done a million times before. How he wished for this to be a child's story, a kiss of true love and Cora would have been fine; but Loki's life was no child's story, it was a nightmare. “Until next time, darling.” Loki left Cora's chambers and headed towards the Biofrost where Heimdall was already waiting.

“Let me,” Loki stated and walked ahead of the group.

“You're not dressed properly for where you're going,” Heimdall said and Loki slapped a look of confusion over his knowing smirk.

Image

Frigga stood in the background and watched as the healers checked on Cora's health. For four months, Frigga had done this in secret; she never lost hope that Cora would wake up. As Frigga watched the healers she couldn't help, but to remember the horrible day that put Cora in her current state.

Frost Giant's attacked the palace and everyone who could fight, did so. Frigga was lead away by guards, but she still had to fight. They were everywhere and it if wasn't for Thor coming to her aid, she could have died. While fighting Frigga felt a pain deep in her chest, she knew something was wrong, something was very wrong. She ran from the fighting and let the pain in her chest lead her steps, she only wished that she could have prepared herself for what she was going to find.

There were her sons on her floor, Loki covered in blood that thankfully was not his, his face void of all emotions and Thor...there was no victory smirk on his face. Sif was crying and the Warrior's Three looked shocked and confused. Frigga didn't understand what had happened, but when she stepped farther into the room she saw everything. Two Frost Giant's dead on the floor and Cora...the poor girl. Frigga's leg nearly gave out right from underneath her, but she was some how able to keep her composer. She looked at Cora and frowned, Cora was covered from head to toe in thick and jagged ice. From her frozen stance, Cora looked to be fighting back at least that's what Frigga told herself, she couldn't see Cora's face.

When Odin and a handful of guards found them, he ordered the guards to take Cora's body to the healing room. Frigga followed and she stayed right by Cora's side while the healers determined her fate. “Is she dead?” Frigga managed to ask and the healers all looked at her sadly. Frigga for the first time every openly wept in front of the healers and they all turned their eyes from their Queen. Picking herself up, Frigga headed towards the door.

“My Queen!” One of the healers called after her. Frigga stopped and turned around. “The damage is already done, but we can remove the ice...” Frigga nodded her head and smiled thankfully at the healer.

“If anything else should arise please tell me at once,” Frigga orders and the healers all nod their heads. Frigga stepped out of the room and she took the long walk to Loki's chambers. How could she tell her son that Cora was dead?


“My Queen!” Frigga was pulled out of her thoughts and she looked over at the healers. “H-her pulse is stronger,” the healer told Frigga and Frigga was right by Cora's side.

“What does that mean?” Frigga asked looking at the healers with hopeful eyes.

“She's fighting to come back,” the healers told Frigga.

“What do we do?”

“We will set heating under the bed, that will help speed up the thawing process. The rest is up to her,” the healers said and Frigga smiled. That was very good news, even better then when she found out that Cora wasn't dead, but frozen. Her heart still beat, but it was very slow and barely there. The healers had said that it would take time for Cora to thaw out, they did not have the power to do it themselves however they could help when they saw a sign of life.

“Come back to us dear...Loki needs you,” Frigga whispered to Cora and brushed some hair out of Cora's face fondly.
♠ ♠ ♠
How do you like my little spin on Sleeping Beauty? Don't worry it's not that flurry and sappy, this is the only part I really took from the tale. Cora's frozen, but for how long?

Cora's outfit

Loki took a deep breath and walked into the room, he sat down in the chair that he put at her bedside.
Image

Comment. Subscribe. Recommend.