‹ Prequel: Freeze
Sequel: Hate Me
Status: Enjoy! Ehehehe

Long Gone

Confused and Alone

It was dark, so very dark and cold. Everything bathed in darkness, no light and it terrified Cora to the bone. She couldn't see anything, she didn't even know if there was anything to see. How long had she been walking around in the darkness on her own? Or was she alone? Sometimes she heard voices, but she couldn't understand them. The voices were muffled and distorted like they was speaking from land while Cora was under water. Was she dead? Dead...death, blood; so much blood. Cora shivered, it had suddenly become very cold, colder then normal; she wrapped her arms around herself. Why is it so cold, it's feels like she is being turned to ice.

Ice? Ice...ice! Cora's eyes widened as she felt herself being thrown back by an unseen force. She screamed, but it went unheard. With a sudden jerk, Cora's body stopped almost like it slammed into a wall. Cora looked around and slowly things started to appear in the dark. Cora blinked her eyes, things weren't simply appearing, the dark! The dark was fading away. A bed, a desk, a chair, books, broken wood, blood....This was Cora's room. What happened? Confused, Cora took a deep breath and looked around, yes this was her room; she was sure of that.

“Set her down gently.” Cora turned around surprised. There in front of her stood the Queen with a frown on her face. Cora watched as guards walked into the room with...Cora felt the air leave her lungs, the guards were carrying her body. Cora tried to move forward, but she couldn't move. Panic set in and she started to trash around and scream as she watched the guards lay her down in bed clothed in a gown that she was sure she didn't own. Frigga smiled down sadly at Cora's body and kissed her forehead, “You are missed by all my dear girl.” Cora tried to speak, she tried to let the Queen know that she was here, she was right behind her, but no words came out.

The scene faded and Cora was thrown back into another one. Cora's body lay motionless in bed and Cora gulped. She eased her leg off the floor and bite her lip, she can move. Walking over to the bed, Cora looked at herself, she didn't understand. Her body was still, there was no rise and fall of her chest and she heard no heartbeat in the silence. Sitting on the edge of the bed, Cora looked closer at herself. Her lips were blue, her skin was paled as though she were sickly and her eyes, her eyes seemed to be glued shut. Leaning in for a closer look, Cora saw that it wasn't glue, but ice that sealed her eyes shut. Ice? Before Cora could even think another thought, she was again ripped from the scene and thrown into another one.

“P-please wake up! P-please? I-I'm sorry, I'm so s-sorry. Just w-wake up.” Cora saw Loki sitting next to her on the bed. His eyes were bloodshot and puffy, he was sobbing...for her? Cora watched as Loki grabbed hold of her shoulder and shook her, “Wake up!” he shouted. “You swore you wouldn't leave me,” Loki's shoulders shook with heart wrenching sobs and he buried his face in Cora's hair, tucking her head beneath his chin. “Please wake up...please....” Cora moved towards Loki and she couldn't move, she was again stuck where she was. Cora reached out for Loki with tears in her eyes, “C-Come back and I swear, I swear I'll change.”

“Loki...” Cora breathed out and Loki turned. Cora's eyes widened, “Loki? C-can you hear me?” Cora questioned and Loki stared right at her.

“You!” he shouted and jumped up from the bed. “You stupid foolish-”

“Loki!” Cora cried out in fright when he appeared right in front of her, now in his Jotunn form. Loki reached out for Cora, but before he could touch her he faded right before her very eyes. Cora's body started to shake, her knees gave out from under her and an iron like grip on her wrists stopped her from falling. Cora looked up and she screamed, there Loki stood towering over her. His blood red eyes were narrowed into slits, his blue skin seemed to glow in the sudden candlelight and he had a sadistic smirk on his face.

“That's right darling...scream,” Loki's voice was harsh as he pulled Cora's body flush against his own. “You claim to love me, but let’s see how much you love the monster within me.” Loki grabs a fist full of Cora's hair and forces her to look at him, “You tremble in fear pet,” Loki laughed hauntingly and pressed his frigid lips to Cora's. “Or do you tremble in desire?” Loki pulled his face away from Cora's and brushed her hair from her face, his icy touch making her shiver. “Who is the monster now? Humm?”

A numbing pain stabbed Cora in her abdomen and Loki chuckled as he started to lower himself and Cora down to the floor. Cora's breath was labored and when she looked upon Loki's face, tears fell from his red eyes. “I miss you.” Cora's eyes fluttered shut as she took her last breath while Loki's words rang loud and clear in her mind. When Cora's eyes opened she winced and quickly snapped her eyes shut. Slowly she opened her eyes and became used to the bright light of the room she was in. Cora looked around her and saw that it wasn't a room, but a hall. A hall that seemed to never end...maybe now she was dead and this was the path leading her to Valhalla.

A mirror appeared before Cora and she stood in front of it. Taking her lower lip between her teeth, Cora reached out and touched the mirror, it rippled underneath her fingertips and Cora squeaked in surprised before she pulled her hand back. The ripples stopped and Cora looked into the mirror. She saw not her reflection, but Loki and herself as they fought during the attack at Thor's coronation. Cora watched the whole thing as if she were a bystander in the room. She cried as she watched Loki freeze her and her heart broke when Loki fell apart in his room. The mirror showed Cora everything that had happened while she had been frozen and by the end she was out of tears. The mirror vanished and Cora sat on the floor with her knees pulled up to her chest.

“Hello darling.” Cora looked over her shoulder and she scrambled up to her feet.

“Loki...” Cora went to throw her arms around him, but she passed right through him.

“Today was the big day. The Frost Giants played right into my hand, it won't be long now until everyone gets what they deserve. We will get our revenge soon darling, it's just within our reach.” Cora turned and stared at Loki shaking her head.

“No. No, no more Loki. You have to stop this,” Cora begged and Loki shook his head.

“Thor has convinced his friends to join him in Jotunheim, I will go as well. Can't let them suspect anything now can I?” Loki smirked and clasped his hands behind his back. “I'll tell Heimdall to get Odin once we leave...Thor and the others can not die in Jotunheim.” Loki laughed a dark laugh and Cora wanted to hit him, she wish she could. Loki walked up to Cora and smiled sadly, “I truly am sorry Cora. I never meant for you to get hurt...I wish I could take it all back.” Loki raised his hand and touched Cora's cheek, though Cora couldn't feel it. “I love you so much. I know it's pointless to say that now since you can't respond or anything, but I think you can hear me...at least I hope you can.”

Cora stared at Loki confused, but it didn't last long. She figured that she was trapped or stuck in her mind. The muffled voice she heard before was Loki and others, but now...now the voices are no longer muffled. Loki had been talking to her, he is talking to her, right now. “Oh Loki...” Cora sighed feeling tears come to her eyes, “Why can't you see that vengeance will do no good for anyone? It is poison my love...”

Loki stepped closer to Cora and rested his forehead against hers, “I miss you...” Loki whispered and a tear fell from his eyes before he leaded in and pressed his lips to Cora's. “Until next time, darling.” Cora tried to grab hold of Loki, but he faded in front of her leaving her alone once again. Cora screamed out in rage and fisted her hair in her hands. She had to wake up, she couldn't let Loki destroy the only family he has ever known. Cora couldn't imagine nor did she want to believe that Loki would ever become such a monster, she had to wake up. She had to stop him!

“Wake up. Wake up. Wake up,” Cora muttered over and over. “Wake up!” she shouted and dropped to her knees. “Wake up!” she cried. Cora screamed and cried until she no longer had a voice and her eyes were sore. She sat on the floor staring at nothing. She hadn't giving up, but she needed to think of a way to get out.

“My dear girl...” Cora turned her head and saw Frigga smile at her.

“My Q-”

“Hush now,” Frigga came and sat by Cora's side. Frigga stroked the side of Cora's face and Cora could feel it. She lead into the touch and Frigga wrapped her arms around Cora tightly letting her fingers run though her hair.

“H-how is this possible?”

“It does not matter. Now listen to me, you must wake up. Loki had gone mad with grief, he misses you as do we all, but he is worse off. He has receded inside of himself, he is withdrawn from all others, myself included. He spends most hours at your bedside, thought he thinks no one knows of it,” Frigga explained and Cora bit her lip.

“I am trying, but I can not wake up. How do I wake up?” Cora asked her voice heavy with desperation.

“That is for you to find out, but come back to us dear...Loki needs you,” Frigga said and she pressed a tender kiss to Cora's temple before she disappeared.

Image

Loki watched from the side as Odin banished Thor from Asgard. He had to use a lot of will power to keep himself from smiling as Thor was sucked into the Bifrost and sent somewhere else in the nine realms. Odin threw Mjolnir into the Bifrost as well and turned his back when he was finished. He spared one glance at Loki before he walked away leaving Loki all alone in the Bifrost. “Good riddance...Brother,” Loki sneered and snapped his fingers bringing him to Cora's bedside.

Loki went to sit on the chair, but stopped. He wanted, needed to be close to Cora. Loki lowered himself down onto the bed and laid beside Cora on his side. “It is done...well most of it, my darling,” Loki sighed and played with Cora's hair as he told her all about his plan and how brilliantly it went. “Now to rid ourselves of those useless friends,” Loki stated and stroked Cora's cheek. “Revenge is sweet my darling. I wish only that you were here by my side,” Loki admits and he leans down pressing his lips to Cora's temple. “Shall I pick up where I left off from last night?” Loki questions and he rolls over onto his back. With a flick of his wrist a book appeared in is hands and he smirked. Loki turned to the last page that he read from last night and glances over at Cora. Loki cleared his throat and started to read, “To His Coy Mistress by Andrew Marvell...Had we but world enough, and time, This coyness, lady, were no crime. We would sit down and think which way To walk, and pass our long love's day; Thou by the Indian Ganges' side Shouldst rubies find; I by the tide Of Humber would complain. I would Love you ten years before the Flood...”

Outside of Cora's chambers, Frigga listened to Loki as he read and she smiled, “Come back to him dear girl...come back,” she whispered and left giving Loki his privacy.
♠ ♠ ♠
You don't understand how much I love with Tom reads poetry or just whenever he talks in general. Here is Tom Hiddleston reading To His Coy Mistress by Andrew Marvell. Here is another link if you want to here Tom, Benedict and others sexy Brits read poetry as well.

Comment. Subscribe. Recommend.