‹ Prequel: Freeze
Sequel: Hate Me
Status: Enjoy! Ehehehe

Long Gone

Wake Up

“Odin has falling into an Odinsleep and Frigga refuses to leave his side…she has made me King.” Loki sits at Cora’s bedside dressed in his everyday armor with his horned helmet on his head. “I am scared darling…I did not ask for this. I-I don’t want to let Odin nor Frigga down.” It has been a few days since Thor’s banishment and Loki has spent his time ensuring that The Warrior’s Three and Lady Sif do not suspect him of foul play. Loki has not had much time to spend with Cora, but he made sure to make time now. He needed to talk to Cora and tell her everything that has happened; With Thor out of the picture Loki can prove to everyone that he is better.

“I am going to put a stop to this madness. Very soon the Frost Giant’s will be, but a faint memory and Asgard will stand tall and proud. When Odin wakes he will see that I was able to do what no one else could...destroy Jotunheim.” Loki looks at Cora and runs the back of his hand down the side of her face. “My darling…when will you open your eyes for me? I long for such a look of adoration and love. Will you wake up soon? Please wake up…I do not wish to do this on my own,” Loki whispers and leans in pressing his lips to Cora’s. “I have to go now Cora, I cannot let Thor find a way back and ruin everything. I will come back and tell you everything.” Loki stands and leaves heading for his secret portal out of Asguard.

Image

Cora stands staring at the spot that Loki was just in, he reviled his plan to her, but even more he told her how he really feels. Loki had such hate inside of him, but Cora misunderstood it. She thought Loki hated his family, she thought that Loki would stop at nothing to destroy them, but that’s not the case at all. Cora smiles sadly and looks around the white room, “How could I have been so blind?” Cora questions and she shakes her head. She needs to wake up, she needs to make Loki see that he is not alone like how he thinks.

Loki thinks that destroying Jotunheim will prove that he is a true Asguardian and that he should be the rightful King, but he is wrong; destroying a whole race will make him the monster he never wanted to become. Cora starts to pace back and forth with her hands clasped behind her back, how can she wake herself up? She has tried everything and still she is stuck here in her mind, unable to stop anything from happening. If only she could wake up…Cora’s eyes widen at the sudden thought. She has yet to fall asleep ever since she discovered that she was trapped in her mind, for fear of the dark and that she would never wake up. Maybe if she takes her fear dead on and falls asleep, she’ll finally be able to wake up back in her room.

With a shaky breath, Cora lowers herself onto the floor and lays on her back. She balls her hands into fists and forces her eyes to close. Her heart pounds in her chest as the darkness she so desperately kept away soon wraps its arms around her. The familiar burning tingle of an icy wind wipes around Cora’s body and she shivers violently as her body is submerged in what feels to be fringed water. She gasps and the deadly water floods her lungs, but she refuses to open her eyes. She starts to sink. Farther and farther she goes, her body unable to move, as if it is frozen. Cora struggle to breath, the water in her lungs now coursing through her veins. Cold. She is so very cold. Her heart beat starts to slow the farther she sinks, but Cora feels no pain.

Voices, so many voices…no shouts! Many shouts swim around Cora. It hurts her ears, but she can’t bring her hands up to cover them. She wants everyone to stop shouting. Why is everyone shouting? Just stop shouting already! Cora wants to scream, she wants to tell everyone to just…to just stop. They are too loud. Cora’s back slams down on a rough surface and the rest of her seems to flout on down and touch the rough surface gently. Cold! The surface is very cold, it’s like Cora is laying in a pile of snow and ice. Cora’s hands unclench and she slowly wiggles her fingers before she feels underneath of herself. Smooth and hard? Not stone or ice…marble maybe? Or possible gold?

The shouting fades as Cora focuses more on what she is laying on. The shouts soon are no more and Cora frowns. Silence. She doesn’t hear or feel her heartbeat. A sudden wave of drowsiness settles over Cora and before she can even panic about her heart or Loki or not waking up, her mind goes blank and she’s sound asleep.

Image

“What is it that’s made you so soft? Don’t tell me it was that woman?” Loki hisses and taunts as he glares at Thor. Thor licks his lips and glances over at the destruction of the Bifrost. Loki’s eyes narrow even more, “Oh! It was!” Loki continues to trash Thor’s feelings and Thor grows tired. Thor tries to make Loki see the error of his ways, but Loki will not have it.

“I will not fight you Brother!” Thor shouts and Loki laughs without any humor.

“I will end you either way,” Loki states and he lunges at Thor. Thor easily blocks Loki’s attack and sends Loki crashing to the floor. The two fight back and forth shouting at each other, Loki how much he hates Thor and Thor how much he wishes for Loki to stop this madness. Thor punches Loki and he goes sliding across the bridge to the edge. He falls off and Thor walks over seeing that Loki is holding on. “Brother, help,” Loki cries. “Brother, please?” He begs and Thor sighs, but reaches out nonetheless to pull Loki back up. Loki disappears and Thor curses, turning around just in time to see Loki coming at him. Thor swings Mjolnir and sends a bolt of lightning Loki’s way before he jumps out of the way of Loki’s attack.

Loki lands on his back from the hit and Thor places Mjolnir on top of Loki’s chest, knowing that he won’t be able to remove it.

Image

“I will end you either way!

With a gasp, Cora bolts upright with her eyes wide open. She places a hand over her beating heart and looks around. She’s awake! “Loki!” Cora cries and jumps out of bed, cursing the shoes on her feet as she nearly falls on her face. Her legs are tingling and her body feels so heavy, how long has she been asleep? Shaking her head, Cora pushes pass the strange feeling and takes off running towards the stables. She doesn’t know how, but she knows that Loki is at the Bifrost. It was the desperation in his voice that scared her so badly.

“Brother, help…Brother, please?”

“Archer!” Cora shouts when she sees the massive black horse. Archer paces in his stall knowing that something is wrong. Cora quickly lets him out of his pin and climb on his back, not caring that she is wearing a dress. “Let’s go!” Cora cries and she kicks Archer’s sides making him buck and kick his two legs high in the air before he takes off into a dead sprint for the Rainbow Bridge. Riding Archer, Cora feels her heart pounding in her chest, something is very wrong, she can feel it in the air. Looking to the Bifrost, Cora’s eyes widen when she sees the beam on light, “Oh no…Come on Archer! Faster!” she orders fearing that she won’t reach the Bifrost in time.

“If you destroy it you’ll never see her again!” Loki’s voice rides on the wind and reaches Cora’s ears.

“Destroy?” she mutters and bites her lip, that doesn’t sound good at all. “Loki!” Cora shouts when she reaches the bridge. “Loki!” Her shouting goes unheard and Cora wants to cry, she is so close, but so far. “Come on, Archer. Come on,” Cora begs the horse. As the distance closes in, Cora sees what Loki was shouting about, Thor is going to destroy the Bifrost. Loki starts to run to try and stop Thor, “Loki!” Cora screams and Loki’s whole body freezes. “Loki!” Cora screams again and jumps off of Archer, she can fix this; he just has to turn around. Cora starts running towards Loki, but before Loki can turn around and Cora can reach him, Thor strikes the bridge again and a blast like no other vibrates throughout the air. The blast hits Cora and sends her sliding backwards while Thor and Loki are sent in the air. Cora covers her face with her arm and once she is done sliding across the bridge, she looks in front of her, her eyes wide with horror as Thor and Loki free fall in air.

Below them a large wormhole sucks everything in and Cora scrambles up to her feet. She starts to run hopping that she will be able to reach the two in time. Something flies pass her from behind and Cora nearly cries out in happiness when she sees that Odin caught Thor and Loki. “I’m coming Loki,” Cora pants and pushes herself to run faster. “Loki!” Cora shouts when she knows that she’s within hearing distance. “Loki!”

“I could have done it Father! For you! For all of us!” Cora hears the tears in Loki’s voice and it breaks her heart. She just wants to hold him in her arms and never let him go. She will never let him go ever again. Cora trips over a jagged piece of the bridge and she slides forward, stopping right next to Odin just in time to hear Odin, “No, Loki.”

A distraught look of hopelessness crosses Loki’s face and Cora shakes her head. Loki’s bright blue eyes lock with Cora’s dim brown and a single tear slips from Loki’s left eye. Cora fights back her tears knowing the look on Loki’s face, he has made up his mind, “Plea-” Loki loosens his grip on the golden specter and his hand slides off. “Loki!” Cora chokes on her tears as she watches Loki drift into the warm hole.

“Noooo!” Thor’s voice rings in the air filled with heart wrenching anguish. Odin pulls Thor up and Thor pats his shoulder.

“I…” Odin tries to speak, but he has no words. Silently, Odin looks over at Cora and he leaves without a word. Tears fall from Cora’s eyes as she stares at the large hole that took Loki away from her. She was too late, she didn’t save him, and she failed and now because of her Loki is dead. Thor looks over at Cora and he pulls her into his arms. His tears fall and Cora cries harder feeling Thor’s tears on her skin. She will never hear Loki’s laugh or feel the warmth of his arms. Cora closes her eyes and the tears still fall.

How long Thor cried? Cora doesn’t know. How long he held her or how long he stayed with her? Good question. Thor left at some point, though Cora didn’t notice at all. The only thing she noticed was Archer who sat beside her as if he was mourning too. Frigga came at some point and she convinced Cora to come back to the palace.

“Get some rest dear,” Frigga whispered as she tucked Cora into bed, Loki’s bed. Cora didn’t really get much rest, she cried all night and into the early morning. At some point to drifted off, but behind her eyes all she could see was Loki falling into that black abyss.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is NOT the last chapter!!

“Let’s go!” Cora cries and she kicks Archer’s sides making him buck and kick his two legs high in the air before he takes off into a dead sprint for the Rainbow Bridge.
Image

Comment. Subscribe. Recommend.