‹ Prequel: Freeze
Sequel: Hate Me
Status: Enjoy! Ehehehe

Long Gone

The Lake

The air is heavy and filled with the sweet scent of flowers, the sky is covered in clouds, some white and others tinted gray; the sun is hidden, but the warm tempter proves that it is there. The sound of rushing water dances to the song of birds as they sit perched in their nest high in the tree tops. In the shade of the closest tree, Archer sits enjoying his time out of his pin. His large brown eyes stare at the small figure in the distance by the lake and Archer shakes his head, his mane blowing in the light breeze that sweeps through.

At the bank of the lake, Cora sits with her feet in the water and her knees pulled up to her chest. She has her arms folded across her knees and her head is resting on her arms as she looks out in front of her. Birds fly overhead, bugs dart around on the surface of the lake and fish swim around trying to catch them. The scene to anyone would seem peaceful, but to Cora it is anything but that. Three days have passed since Loki fell into the abyss and to Cora it seems that no one really cares. Sure people came to the funeral, but she knew it was only to show respect to the King and Queen, no one really mourned Loki. Frigga and Thor were clearly broken by the loss, but no one else. Cora wondered if Odin even cared about Loki at all.

Cora wanted so badly to blame Odin for Loki’s death, but she couldn't find it in herself to do so. She couldn't blame anyone, but herself. At first Cora didn't blame herself, yes she filed to save Loki, but she didn't blame herself. It wasn't until today, here at the lake that she took the blame. Here in the silence, Cora was able to reflect on her years with Loki up until the most recent months. All the fights and hurtful words said, they were stupid and petty. If she could take it all back, she would, but she cannot. Cora saw the way Loki looked at her, she knew that he loved her, but she was too stubborn to accept that. Cora was greedy, she wanted Loki to say it, and she wanted to hear him say it even when he showed her his love through his actions. It wasn't enough and now Cora has nothing, in the blink of an eye she lost it all.

Cora wished that she could go back to the night of Thor’s coronation, back to when Loki took her in his arms and danced with her. Back to when Loki said he loved her…she knows now that his words were true even with an alternative motive. What Cora wouldn't give to go back to that night, just to be held in Loki’s strong and loving embrace again? To have Loki stare at her and touch her so dangerously, they could have gotten caught at any moment, but now Cora doesn't care; she longs to feel Loki’s hands on her skin, even if it’s something as simple as a poke.

Cora groans and shakes her head, wondering when these thoughts will come to an end. Gripping her hair, Cora buries her face in her legs and bites her lip as her eyes start to burn. She slams her eyes shut and cruses as her heart beats painfully in her chest; she can feel it breaking with each beat it makes. Gasping for air, Cora quickly stands to her feet, her hand now gripping at her chest. She stumbles forward and slips on a rock, sending her ass backwards into the lake. With a scream, Cora lands on her butt and her tears fall, she can’t keep them at bay any longer.

Archer picks himself up from the ground and gallops slowly over to the lake’s edge. He goes into the water and nuzzles his face against the side of Cora’s head. He nibbles at her hair and Cora pushes Archers face away from her. Archer neighs in protest and starts to nibble on Cora’s shirt. Cora turns her head and glares at Archer, “Leave me alone!” she yells at the horse and Archer pulls his head away. He shakes his head wildly and neighs loudly before he turns and leaves Cora by herself, returning to his spot in the shade. Feeling bad for yelling, Cora slams her fists down and she cruses when she splashes herself.

A rage like never before ripples throughout her body as she curses everything around her. Her body starts to heat up, her blood boils and her heart is going into overtime. You’re pathetic. Look at you sitting here acting like a child Cora glares and shakes her head. Oh? You think I am wrong? Tell me then, what was the reason for yelling at Archer? “Shut up,” Cora mutters to the voice. Come now you don’t mean that “Shut up,” Cora begs, her voice quivering. Always so quick to get viol- “Shut up!” Cora screams jumping up to her feet. “Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!” Cora shouts as she turns every which way trying to find the source of the voice. Tears blur Cora’s vision as she starts to panic, is she going insane? You might just be, darling The voice comes from behind Cora and she turn around quickly, her breath catches in her throat when she sees Loki standing at the edge of the lake.

What, no hello?

“Y-You’re not real,” Cora whispers shaking her head. “You can’t be r-real,” she cries and the tears spill over as she stares at Loki.

Are you positive about that darling?

Cora closes her eyes and counts to three. Opening her eyes again she screams seeing that Loki is still there, now smirking. “I watched you d-”

Die? Yes, you did. You sat there and watched as I was sucked in that abyss. You didn't even try to save me

“That’s a lie!”

You did nothing! You sat there and let me fall. You killed-

“No!” Cora cries, cutting Loki off. “No. No, no, no. I-I did not. I t-tried…” Cora chokes on her tears and Loki’s face twists up into disgust.

Tried? You tried?! You let me die! Loki roars and Cora shakes her head, her hands balled into fists pressed to her ears as she tries to block out Loki’s voice. You’re just like all the others. You never loved me. It was all a ruse wasn't it? Cora shakes her head, now sobbing as she struggles to breath. And to think I was stupid enough to think I could love you

“L-Loki-”

You repulse me

“Y-you don’t mean that,” Cora cries, her arms dropping to her side pitifully.

Oh, but I do

“No…” Cora bites her lip and looks down at her feet that are submerged in the lake. “Tell me you don’t love me,” Cora whispers. Meant with silence, Cora looks up at Loki is staring at her with a frown on his face. “Tell me that night I gave myself to you meant nothing!” Cora orders and Loki cringes. Cora laughs without any humor and glares at Loki. “You’re not real,” she states with fire in her eyes.

You keep saying that

“You’re not real,” Cora frowns. “Not anymore…” her voice wavers as she stares Loki right in his eyes.

You’re insane. It’s no wonder everyone pities you

That strikes a nerve in Cora and she glares at Loki, “Everyone hated you! I hated you!” she shouts and Loki raises an eyebrow.

…I love you Cora stares at Loki and he claps his hands behind his back. I love you, darling

Cora’s legs start to wobble and she shakes her head, “I know, but…you’re…you’re dead,” Cora whispers and Loki smiles sadly before he vanishes right before Cora’s eyes. Tears roll down Cora’s face as she stares at the empty space Loki was just in. “You’re dead…” Cora cries softly and as she stands there alone a heavy feeling hits her heart and crushes it; she feels like she’s nothing…nothing at all as it dawns on her, Loki is gone…long gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
“Y-you don’t mean that,” Cora cries, her arms dropping to her side pitifully.

Oh, but I do
Image

Cora's outfit

Comment. Subscribe. Recommend.