Pay for Your Sins

one.

Image

Finding out she was pregnant should have made Jolie Wilson extremely happy. There should have been tears of joy streaming down her face. She should have been making phone calls to all her family and friends to share the good news. She should have been ecstatic that she was going to be a mother.

Though, in Jolie's world, the real world, that's not how things worked.

Instead of feeling happy, all she felt was dread and the tears that were rolling down her cheeks were certainly not tears of joy. And forget about calling anyone. All Jolie wanted to do was curl up in bed and pray that this was all a bad dream.

But Jolie couldn't just lay down and pretend that this wasn't happening. She needed to take charge of the situation and figure out what the hell she was going to do.

So after shoving the positive pregnancy test to the bottom of the garbage can, she hurried to her bedroom. Once she was in her room, she grabbed the nearest piece of paper and a pen before she was sitting down on her bed. "Okay," she murmured, breathing out a heavy sigh as she ran her fingers through her hair. "Where to start?"

The first, and most obvious, thing to do would be to tell someone. But who? That was the big question.

Her parents were definitely out of the question. She could only imagine how they would react to finding out that there youngest daughter had gotten knocked up out of wedlock. She really didn't want to have to listen to one of their speeches about how she was throwing her life away. Or how this would have never happened to Julie, her older, perfect sister.

The next obvious choice would be to tell the father. But there was no way in hell that she was ready to cross that bridge just yet. This wasn't exactly a planned pregnancy and she really wasn't sure how the father would react to the news. So she'd tell him later. Much later.

So the only option Jolie had left was to tell her best friend and roommate. She figured this was the safest way to go. Her best friend wouldn't judge her too much or give her some long winded speech about everything she was doing wrong. Or at least that's what she was hoping.

Taking a deep, steadying breath, she climbed to her feet, making the short trek from her room to her best friend's room. "Delilah?" she called out as she knocked on the door. "Can I come in?"

"Of course!" a voice answered from behind the closed door.

Jolie slowly opened the door, stepping into the mess that was her friend's room. She slowly looked around the room like she hadn't been in her a million times before. "Hi," she whispered as she finally let her gaze settle on Delilah.

"Hi," Delilah chirped as she looked up from the textbook on her lap. "What's up?"

Swallowing hard, Jolie played with a loose string on her shirt, suddenly nervous. "T-There's something I have to t-tell you."

"Okay..."

"...I'm pregnant."

There was a long pause before Delilah burst out laughing, doubling over with how hard she was laughing.

"It's not funny!" Jolie snapped, glaring at her friend as she crossed her arms over her chest.

It took a moment for Delilah to stop laughing, taking a shaky breath to compose herself before speaking. "That's a good joke, Jo."

"It's not a joke."

There was another long pause as Delilah stared at her friend, opening and closing her mouth a few times like she had something to say, but the words wouldn't come out. "Oh," she finally muttered.

"Yeah."

"Whose the fa-"

"Who do you think?"

Delilah's eyes widened slightly, flapping her hands slightly. "Oh my fucking god! No fucking way!"

Jolie sighed heavily as she nodded her head. "Yes fucking way."

"Have you told him yet?"

"I just found out like five minutes ago that I was pregnant, so no. And I honestly hadn't planned o telling him anytime soon either."

"B-But..." Delilah stuttered out, an incredulous look on her face. "He deserves to know that he's going to be a father. You definitely want to be the one that tells him that he's going to be a dad."

"Oh, just like how you were the one that told Andrew that you had fucked someone else, right?" Jolie growled.

Delilah's eyes widened even more, a hurt look flashing across her face before she was clenching her jaw. "That was really uncalled for."

Jolie rubbed a hand over her face before she was going to sit next to Delilah on the bed. "I am so, so sorry. I really didn't mean that. I'm just stressed out and snapped at you. You definitely didn't deserve that."

It took a moment before Delilah slipped an arm around her friend's waist, leaning her head against Jolie's shoulder. "You're lucky that you got knocked up or else I would be kicking your ass right now."

Jolie huffed out a laugh as she leaned her head against Delilah's. "You're the best."

"You better not forget that," Delilah murmured as she gave Jolie's waist a small squeeze. "And I know that I'm the last person who should be giving you any kind of advice, but I really think you should tell him sooner than later. Trust me. Things will be 100 times worse if you wait too long."

"I will tell him, I promise. Just...not right now. I'm still in shock right now and I don't think I've really accepted that I'm pregnant, y'know? But I will tell him. Just promise that you won't tell anyone. Especially Andrew. We both know how big a gossip he is."

Delilah smiled sadly as she lifted her head off Jolie's shoulder. "I promise I won't tell anyone. Pinky promise," she said softly, holding her pinky out.

Chuckling softly, Jolie linked their pinky's together. "Thank you."

Now that she had told one person that she was pregnant, she was starting to feel a little better. Like maybe she could tell other people. But she also knew that the hardest obstacles were still ahead of her and she needed to prepare.
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter is done! Woo! So this is the first story that I've written in a long time, but I recently got bitten by the writing bug and decided to start writing again. I'm gonna try and update this story at least once a day. And yeah, I don't really have that much to say. The boys will make an appearance in the next chapter, so stay tuned!