Pay for Your Sins

two.

Image

It had been three weeks since Delilah Jones had found out that her best friend was pregnant. And she was trying her best to be supportive. She was there in the early mornings to hold Jolie's hair back as she threw up. She made sure to grab coffee from the corner coffee shop before her classes or work instead of making some at home because Jolie couldn't stand the smell of coffee. And she made sure that the fridge was well stocked with every kind of food to suit all the weird cravings that Jolie had.

But while she wanted to be the best friend she could be, she had problems of her own that she had to deal with. Like how her boss had her working until all hours of the night, shoving project after project at her. Or how she may have only been taking two classes to finish her degree, but it seemed like she had a test or a paper due every week. Then there was her mother who kept pestering her about when she was going to get married and give her grandchildren. Which tied in with her biggest problem; her relationship with Andrew.

It had been eight months since "the Incident", as Delilah had taken to calling it, had happened. And while things weren't as bad as they had been, they weren't good either. And this was one problem that couldn't easily be fixed.

Though, she wasn't going to worry about it tonight. Tonight her and Jolie were going to have a girls night. They were going to pig out on food that wasn't healthy for them, watch sappy chick flicks, and give each other makeovers. It would be the perfect way to get her mind off things.

"I got those chipotle pickles and hot mustard that you wanted," Delilah called out as she stepped into the apartment, dropping her keys on the table next to the door.

"Chipotle pickles? That sounds fucking horrible."

Delilah's eyes widened, stumbling slightly as she kicked her shoes off, noticing that Jolie wasn't alone. "A-Andrew. B-Brandon. I didn't know you were going to be here."

"Isn't it a great surprise?" Jolie snapped sarcastically, glaring at the two men.

"We leave for a road trip tomoorow and I thought that we could spend some time together," Andrew said, smiling tightly. "I don't know what this fuckers doing here," he added, gesturing to Brandon.

"Ehh. I had nothing better to do than hang out with you losers," Brandon commented with a shrug.

"God, you are such an ass!" Jolie growled as she stood up, stomping over to Delilah to take the bag out of her arms before disappearing into the kitchen.

"What the fuck's her problem?" Brandon questioned with a frown.

Delilah took a deep breath, forcing a smile to her face. This was definitely not how she had planned her night going, but she could roll with the punches. She wasn't about to kick Andrew and Brandon out. They could watch a couple movies, force some small talk, and then the two guys could leave. It would be fine. Plus, this was probably the most time her and Andrew would have together for a while and she didn't want to waste it.

"Jolie and I were just going to watch some movies, so you two are free to join us. I'm just going to change. Make yourselves at home," she told the guys before heading to her room. But not without a pitstop to the kitchen to check on Jolie. "You okay?"

Jolie slammed a bowl down on the counter, letting out a heavy sigh. "Yeah, I'll be fine."

"It's only for a couple hours and then we can have girl time," Delilah promised before heading to her bedroom to change out of her work clothes and into something more comfortable.

She walked out of her room a few minutes later, pulling her hair up into a ponytail as she headed into the living room, plopping down on the couch next to Andrew. She tried not to seem hurt when he scooted away from her, instead focusing on Jolie and Brandon, who seemed to be having a staring contest, frowning at each other.

God. She couldn't believe that those two were actually going to have a child together.

"So what movie did you guys decide on?" she asked, trying to break the tension.

"Die Hard," Brandon answered, smiling cheekily.

Delilah had to bite down on her bottom lip to keep from smiling as Jolie groaned loudly, but got to her feet to put the movie in anyway.

Hugging her knees to her chest, Delilah tried to focus on the move, but she constantly found herself glancing over at Andrew, her mind wandering. She could remember the movie nights that they had had before. When she would cuddle up with Andrew and spend the whole movie trading kisses while Jolie and Brandon bickered in the background.

But those days were gone and Delilah knew that it was all her fault. That she had put herself into this position. She was big enough to take responsibility for what she had done. She was the one that had gone off and slept with someone else. And she considered herself to be the luckiest girl in the world that Andrew hadn't dumped her sorry ass. That he was giving her another chance. She knew that she couldn't go back to how things had been before, but she could do her best to make things better. No matter what, she was going to fix what was broken no matter what she had to do or how long it took.

Delilah was jerked from her thoughts by a gentle tap on her shoulder. "What?"

"You looked like you were zoning out. The movie ended about five minutes ago," Andrew stated softly as he shoved his hands into his pockets.

Huh. Delilah hadn't realized that she had spaced out for that long. But as she looked around the room, she noticed that Jolie wasn't in the room anymore and Brandon was hanging by the front door, messing around on his phone. "Oh. Wow."

"Yeah. Jolie went to bed and Bran and I are going to head out."

"You don't have to go," Delilah exclaimed, reaching out to wrap her fingers around Andrew's wrist. "I mean, you could stay, if you wanted."

Andrew stared down at her fingers wrapped around his wrist, shaking his head. "Nah. I have to be up early tomorrow. Plus, we promised Saader and Leddy we'd meet up with them for drinks."

"Oh," Delilah whispered, ducking her head so he wouldn't see the hurt look on her face. "Okay."

It wasn't like she could blame him for wanting to leave. She honestly couldn't remember the last time that they had spent more than five minutes alone together.

"I'll see you later, alright?" Andrew murmured, pulling a hand out of his pocket so that he could brush his fingers over her shoulder, smiling faintly.

Delilah scrubbed a hand over her face before she was looking up, watching as Andrew joined Brandon at the door. "Alright. I'll call you tomorrow or something. Or text me before you leave. Good luck on your road trip."

Brandon gave a small salute before he was walking out the door, Andrew lingering in the doorway for a second before he was waving slightly. "I'll text you before we leave."

Smiling weakly, Delilah waved in return. "Okay. I love you."

But it was too late. Andrew had already walked out the door, the sound of the door closing echoing loudly in the empty room. Delilah had no idea if he had even heard her final words or not. And part of her hoped he hadn't because she knew that he wouldn't say the words in return.
♠ ♠ ♠
So that's a wrap on chapter two! I hope that you guys like it. I promise that you'll see more of the guys in the upcoming chapters. I just kind of want to get the foundation set. And I'm still trying to figure out where exactly this is going to go. So stick around!