Pay for Your Sins

six.

Image

Saturday's were what Delilah lived for. It was the one day that she didn't have to worry about anything. She didn't have to think about work or doing homework or anything. She could just relax and do whatever she wanted. She could sleep in until oon and then spend the whole day in her pajama's if she wanted to.

Normally her and Jolie would spend time together. Just catch up on what was happening in each other's lives. But Jolie already had plans with Brandon. Which Delilah didn't know if she should be happy about or not. On one hand, she was glad to see the two of them getting along. But on the other hand, she knew that Jolie hadn't told Brandon she was pregnant yet and the longer she wanted the more it was going to blow up in Jolie's face later on.

Delilah really wasn't going to worry about it. Since Jolie had plans, she had made plans with Andrew and worrying about that was more important. She needed everything to be perfect. She figured that tonight could be the night that they really started to fix their relationship.

So Delilah had planned a nice meal for them. She was going to make some of Andrew's favorite foods including chicken parmesan, caesar salad, garlic bread, and red velvet cupcakes for dessert. Everything was going to be perfect.

The only problem was that Delilah sucked at cooking. S he couldn't even make a grilled cheese sandwich without burning it. But she hoped that tonight would be different. Tonight would be the night she finally managed to cook something without ruining it.

But no matter how much she hoped, it didn't look like things were going to change. By the time that Andrew was supposed to arrive, nothing was done. She had already burnt the garlic bread, the red velvet cupcakes looked like they were about to fall apart with just once touch, the chicken parmesan wasn't even in the oven yet, and the kitchen looked like a flour bomb had gone off. Plus, Delilah still hadn't gotten ready and was in a pair of ratty old sweatpants and a shirt that she had stolen from Andrew. And she was pretty sure there was more flour in her hair than in the cupcakes.

"Fuck!" Delilah exclaimed when there was a knock on the door. She eyed the kitchen for a second before she was hurrying to open the front door.

"Hey," Andrew greeted as the door was opened, raising an eyebrow as he looked Delilah up and down. "Everything okay?"

Sniffling softly, Delilah stepped back so that Andrew could come into the apartment, shaking her head. "I tried to make a nice dinner for you, but everything's ruined."

Andrew stepped into the apartment, wrapping his arms around Delilah. "I'm sure everything's not ruined."

"It is though! I burnt the garlic bread, the cupcakes look like shit, and my kitchen looks like an atomic flour bomb went off in it."

Chuckling softly, Andrew pressed against Delilah's forehead. "Why are you even cooking in the first place?"

"I wanted us to have a nice dinner."

"I would have been fine with ordering a pizza or something."

Delilah scoffed as she pulled away from Andrew. "That wouldn't have been a nice dinner. That would have just been like any other night."

"Who cares?" Andrew stated with a shrug. "It's not like you have to impress me. Plus, we both know that you can't cook for shit."

The words were like a slap to the face. All she had wanted to do was make a nice dinner for her boyfriend and this was the thanks that she got. It didn't even matter that Andrew was right. She couldn't cook for shit, but he didn't need to point it out. He could have at least pretended to care that she had tried to cook for him.

"Fuck you."

Andrew's eyes widened slightly. "What the hell?"

"All I wanted to do was make a nice dinner for you and you can't even appreciate it. Even if it did turn out like shit."

Narrowing his eyes, Andrew crossed his arms over his chest. "Why are you even doing this? You never did it before."

Which was true. Even for their anniversary Delilah hadn't tried to make a homemade dinner. But things were different now.

"I just wanted to."

"Or maybe you're feeling guilty about something."

"No!" Delilah denied, shaking her head.

"Why do you always have to lie?"

"Why can't you trust me?"

"You haven't given me a reason to trust you."

Delilah pinched the bridge, letting out a soft, sad sigh. This was not how she had wanted the night to go. Why couldn't they have just one night were things weren't stressed or awkward or they ended up fighting. "And you can't trust me because you still aren't over me cheating on you, right?"

Andrew clenched his jaw as he dropped his arms to his sides, balling his hands into fists. "I am over it."

"Now whose the one that's lying."

"I'm not lying!"

Delilah tilted her head to the side slightly as she studied Andrew. "It's okay if you aren't over it. But we need to talk about it. Air it out in the open. I'm trying so hard to make things better, but I feel like every step forward I make, I'm taking five back. And I can't keep doing this. Do you even want to fix things between us?"

It was silent as Andrew stared down at his shoes, slowly uncurling his fingers. "I do want to fix things. It's just hard. I'm trying hard to forget what happened, but it isn't easy. And you know that I'm not the best at talking about emotions and shit."

Swallowing hard, Delilah gave a nod of her head. "I do know that. And I think it's great that you're willing to talk about emotions and shit so that we can make things better. BUt maybe we should take some time and get ourselves together."

"Take some time?"

"I'm not saying we break up or anything. Just collect our thoughts so we can talk about where we want this relationship to go," Delilah suggested. "Plus, it will give you time to get used to talking about your emotions."

Andrew gave a small nod of his head. "That's probably a good idea."

Delilah smiled weakly as she stepped forward to press a kiss against Andrew's cheek. "I'm glad that you agree."

"I would probably be an idiot if I didn't agree," Andrew stated, chuckling weakly. "BUt I think that I should head out. Clear my head and stuff."

"Of course," Delilah agree. "I'll text you later or something."

"Sound's good," Andrew murmured as he pulled Delilah in for a quick hug. "I'll talk to you later than. And thanks for trying to make dinner. It means a lot to me," he added as he let go of her, walking out the door.

Delilah let out a soft laugh, shaking her head slightly as the door closed. While this was definitely not how she had wanted the night to go, she wasn't upset. Andrew wanted to fix things just as much as she did which was a step in the right direction. It was all she could really ask for.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry that it took me so long to update this! I've been really busy with work and real life. I have the next couple chapters already written out, so I should be posting more in the next few days. And this is just another filler chapter. I swear that it gets more exciting soon!