Pay for Your Sins

seven.

Image

"Superman is totally the best superhero."

"No way! Batman is way better!"

"You are completely delusional if you think Batman is better."

"Give me one good reason that Superman is better."

"Isn't it obvious? Superman can fly and leap buildings in a single bound. Batman is just a regular human being with some fancy gadgets."

"But Batman's got the Batmobile and he's a millionaire. Superman is really just some boring reporter."

"Well, I think that we can agree that Wonder Woman is actually better than both of them."

"And she's way hotter than both of them too."

Giggling softly, Jolie rolled her eyes as she shoved Brandon gently. "You are such a loser."

"You like me anyway," Brandon replied with a grin, ushering her into the restaurant.

"Yeah, yeah," Jolie mumbled, ducking her head so that he couldn't see her blushing.

Lately, the two of them had been spending more and more time together. They would go out for lunch or dinner whenever Brandon had a day off. Or go to a movie that one of them had really wanted to see. And just the other day, Brandon had taken her to play laser tag when he had found out that Jolie had never played before.

Most people would think the two of them were dating, but they were two people spending time together. They were just getting to know each other. Even if a small part of Jolie wanted them to be dating. Because the more she got to know Brand, the more she started to like him as more than a friend.

But she knew that those were dangerous thoughts to be having. She just needed to focus on them becoming better friends. She could think about them becoming more later on. Of course, the thing that she really needed to be focusing on was telling Brandon about the baby. But that's honestly something that she tried not to think too much about. She just wasn't sure how to tell him yet.

"Now I need to know; Ironman or Captain America?" Brandon questioned once they had been seated at a table and had ordered something to drink.

"I have to go with my boy Captain America."

"Really?"

"What's wrong with that?"

"Nothing."

"Captain America is pretty much the whole package. He's brave, fearless, fights for the little guy. Who wouldn't like him. Plus Chris Evans is really hot," Jolie said, wiggling her eyebrows.

Brandon chuckled softly as he shook his head. "Now whose the loser."

"You still are," Jolie chirped, smirking as she looked down at her menu.

"Ha ha. Aren't you funny," Brandon grumbled though he was grinning as he looked down at his own menu.

"Excuse me."

Both Jolie and Brandon raised their heads to see, and Jolie really hated to admit this, a very pretty brunette standing in front of their table, a sheepish smile on her face. Jolie frowned slightly as she leaned back in her seat, arms crossed over her chest.

"I'm sorry to interrupt," the girl started, eyes focused on Brandon. "But I was wondering if I could get your autograph?" she asked as she held a pen and piece of paper out to him.

Brandon glanced over at Jolie for a second before looking back at the other girl, grinning. "Of course!" he replied as he took the pan and paper, quickly signing it.

"Thank you so much!" the girl squealed, pulling a phone out of the pocket of her jeans. "Could I get a picture with you too?"

"Sure."

"Awesome!" the girl stated happily as she handed her phone to Jolie before she was moving closer to Brandon, leaning down.

Jolie resisted the urge to roll her eyes as she took the phone, quickly snapping a picture of the two.

The other girl grinned widely as she took her phone back. "Thank you so much! It was great meeting you," the girl stated, brushing her fingers over Brandon's arm, winking at him before she was walking away.

Watching her walk away, Jolie rolled her eyes. "Well that was rude," she mumbled as she looked back over at Brandon, who had an amused smirk on his face. "What?"

"Nothing. You're just really cute when you're jealous."

"I'm not jealous!"

"Oh really?"

"Yes!" Jolie exclaimed. "I just that that was rude of her to come over here and hit on you. I mean, we could have been on a date or I could be your girlfriend. She didn't know that," she rambled, reaching out to grab her glass of water. But she froze as Brandon grabbed her hand, lacing their fingers together.

"Do you want this to be a date?" he questioned softly.

"Do you?"

Chuckling softly, Brandon gave her hand a gentle squeeze. "I asked you first, but yes. I do want this to be a date."

Jolie could feel her cheeks heating up as she bit down on her bottom lip to keep from grinning too widely. "Me too."

"Awesome," Brandon murmured, smiling over at Jolie before he was looking back down at his menu.

"Yeah," Jolie whispered as she stared at their hands which were still linked together. It amazed her how far they had come in such a short time. But there was a little voice in the back of her head that she was telling her that things wouldn't last. That once the truth came out, shit was going to go down. And there was nothing she could do to change things because she had kept her secret for too long. She just had to cross her fingers and pray tat Brandon understood why she was doing what she was doing.
♠ ♠ ♠
A hundred years later and finally a new chapter! I got really busy and needed to take a break from writing. But now I'm back! I need to know if you guys want me to continue this story. I have the whole story planned out and the next few chapters already written, but I need to know if people want more of this story.