Status: Active!

Whisper

Actions Speak Louder Than Words

Mori twisted and turned in his sleep.

In his dreams he could see Kiyomi, she was curled up in a ball, crying. Mori tried to reach out to comfort her but he only went through her. He tried again to grasp her petite body as her shoulders shook violently with the mute sobbing, he couldn’t reach her. He called her name, she couldn’t hear him.

And then Mori awoke, breathing heavily as he gripped the sheets beneath him. His bare chest glistened with sweat and he glanced over to Honey, who was sleeping soundly.

Mori let out a sigh of relief before getting up to get a glass of water, he quietly got the glass of water and guzzled it down, surprised at how thirsty he had been. He was about to get back into bed and try to sleep again when he noticed a faint light coming from under the door that lead to the hall.

He went to investigate, wondering if it was Kaoru and Hikaru being up to no good but when he opened the door he was shocked to find Kiyomi curled up in a ball between his and Honey’s room and her, Shiori and Haruhi’s room.

For a moment Mori was horrified and wondered if he was still having the nightmare from earlier, had the guilt he was harbouring become so bad that he was hallucinating?

After Mori had stopped panicking and realized he wasn’t dreaming, but in fact was wide awake, he crouched down to Kiyomi’s level.

“She’s asleep,” he whispered, watching her chest rise and fall gently.

Why was Kiyomi sleeping here? She must have locked herself out of the room, Mori concluded. He hesitated for a second but there was no way he was leaving her outside the door so he scoped her up carefully and after turning the hall light back off he bought Kiyomi into his room and placed her on his bed.

Pulling the covers over her he moved away and laid down on the small couch. After Kiyomi had kissed him she had locked herself away and he hadn’t had the chance to confess, or say anything to her, period.

Mori didn’t remember falling asleep after that but when he woke up again he heard Honey talking excitedly. Standing up slowly Mori rubbing his sore neck and turned back to see Kiyomi making the bed, already dressed for the day and ready to go.

He watched Kiyomi’s face go bright red and he realized he was only wearing pyjama bottoms, he apologized and excused himself, going to the bathroom after grabbing some fresh clothes he had a shower and dressed himself, brushing his teeth and making sure he looked decent.

He contemplated how he was going to make things right with Kiyomi; how he was going to tell her that he felt the same. A sudden thought struck him, Kiyomi had kissed him first, her actions had shown him that she had feelings for him, why use words when everyone, including Mori himself knew that he wasn’t good with talking.

Actions speak louder than words, right?

Mori left the bathroom and paused, seeing Kiyomi straighten up from making Honey’s bed. He didn’t stop to rethink his decision and he closed the gap, stooping down and wrapping an arm loosely around Kiyomi’s waist and covering his lips over hers.

He could feel her initial shock but it didn’t take long for him to feel her kiss him back ever so slightly.

“Finally!” Honey squealed breaking the silence just before Mori had a chance to deepen the kiss. Kiyomi pulled back considerably once she remembered they had an audience, “see Kiyomi-chan, I told you Takashi liked you back!” The lolita boy giggled with glee.

“M-mori-kun,” Kiyomi murmured, gaining the tall boys attention, his arm still around her waist.

“Call me Takashi,” Mori stated with a whisper.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry for taking so long to update!

It's 3am at the moment, so if there are any grammar/spelling errors I apologize and please let me know! :)

Chapter dedicated to Emmalee!

Just out of curiosity does anyone have any ideas on what you'd like to see Mori and Kiyomi do now? As an unofficial/official couple? :D I do have an idea or two but I'd like to hear from the readers point of view!