Status: Coming Soon!

Never Tear Us Apart

2.

Helena had spent seven hours at her job and for six and a half of them her thoughts had been about the raven haired male she had yelled at last night, the male that caused her to swear and cry, the male that caused her to let slip what his behavior was doing to his mother.

Helena was absentmindedly typing away on her computer when she looked at the clock near the screen and saw that it was five thirty. Knock off time. Saving the work she had been doing she quickly got out of the document and shut her computer down. Standing she stretched her cramped muscles before turning and grabbing her jacket from the back of her chair.

“Helena?” a male voice spoke from behind her, spinning around she saw James leaning in the doorway that lead into her small office. He was dressed in a pair of black work pants, a white button down shirt with a silver tie; that he had clearly loosened, around his neck. His blonde hair was styled in a quiff and a warm smile was spread across his face, lighting up his features.

“Hey James,” she smiled her dark eyes locking with his cerulean ones. “What’s up?” Lena asked as she hooked her bag over her shoulder and began walking toward her door.

“Just wondering, a few of the guys and I are going to the pub for a while, would you like to come?” as much as the young woman wanted to say yes she knew she couldn’t, she had to check on Zayn and make sure he wasn’t lying in a pile of his own vomit.

“As much as I would love you, I’m going to have to pass.”

James made a sad face, his lips turning downwards as he gave her the biggest puppy dog eyes, pretending to be hurt over her rejection. “But it’s been so long Lena.” Lena chuckled nodding her head.

“I know it has, believe me I know, but there is something I have to do tonight,” she admitted truthfully. “But you could walk me to my car and maybe next week sometime I will grab a drink with you.” James face lighted at the prospect of having a drink with the brunette.

“Alright, I’m down with that,” with that he wrapped one of his arms around her small shoulders and the two took the lift together before walking out into the almost deserted car park.

~


Helena walked up the front steps toward Zayn’s front door, her heels clicking on the pavement. Inhaling deeply she grasped the knob and went to turn it. it stuck. “Bastard!” she cursed at him for locking his front door. He had done this on purpose, he didn’t want her in there and she knew why. Narrowing her eyes and storming around the back of the house, she ripped the fly screen door open and shoved the back door open seething with annoyance.

“ZAYN JAVADD MALIK!” she boomed through the house kicking her shoes off and pacing through to the lounge room, “YOU BETTER NOT HAVE A BOTTLE OF GROG IN YOUR HANDS!” the brunette was surprised to find that the singer wasn’t in the lounge room. Turning she hurried over to the staircase taking it two steps at a time. Knowing exactly where to go next, flinging the door open she stopped dead in her tracks. Zayn was there but he wasn’t alone, asleep beside him was what she assumed to be and eighteen year old hussy, her bleach blonde hair haloed around her pillow while the rest of her body was exposed to Helena’s eyes. The raven-haired male was asleep beside her, a large amount of his tattooed body exposed. On the bedside table was what sent Helena over the edge, an empty bottle of vodka.

Stomping over to the Zayn she grabbed the empty bottle smashing it against the counter, shards flying everywhere but she didn’t care, she was going to make a statement, and she was going to make a clear one.

The two woke with a jolt at the shattering of glass; a scream broke from the blondes’ lips first when she saw Helena. Quickly she grappled at the sheets to cover her body.

“W-who are you?” she stammered her misty blue eyes glazed over with tears of fear.

“Your worst fucking nightmare if you don’t leave now,” she growled pointing the jaggered edge of the bottle at her. The blonde squeaked before falling out of the bed as she collected her clothes chucking her dress over her body and running out of the room and out of the house. The front door slamming was music to Lena’s ears.

“Shit Lena,” the brunette heard Zayn gasp, turning her head she looked down at him he had covered a little more of her body as he gripped at his head that she assumed was throbbing.

“So much for no alcohol,” Helena hissed at the male, “What’s this? And who was she?” she questioned angrily.

“Clearly it’s a broken bottle.” Helena saw red, she was sick of his attitude, chucking the bottle on the ground she lunged at the male slapping his as hard as she could. Her hands came in contact with his chest, his face, his arms any space she could find.

“You’re fucking useless… how do you expect to get better if you don’t try… I’m working my arse off to help you and how do you repay me?” she shot at the male as the two struggled on the bed, Lena trying to knock sense into Zayn while he fought to capture her hands. “you go out get sloshed and sleep with a fucking child.”

“She’s seventeen…” Zayn grunted catching her hands and flipping the two of them over so she was trapped underneath him.

“Because that makes it so much better, how did she get the grog?” Helena fought against the singers hold

“Are you jealous?” Zayn asked a cocky smile spreading across his face as he looked down at the firey woman underneath him. He pressed all his weight on top of her to stop her movements.

“Fuck no, why would I be jealous? God know what’s been in this bed.”

“Oh, come on… I’m not that bad,” he chuckled Lena could smell the stale tang of alcohol in his breath.

“Yes you are… God! You think everyone loves you… they don’t… believe me… now get off me!” she snarled trying to move her arms but his grip was like iron, he laughed at her struggle as he looked down at her. “What are you doing?” she snapped when she noticed his face getting closer to hers. “Hell n-” she was silenced when his lips were pressed to hers. She kept her lips sealed refusing to let the male deepen the kiss. He had just had sex with some seventeen-year old tramp and now here he was trying with her. She felt his hands loosen and in those brief seconds she snaked her arms free and shoved him off of her and jumped to her feet.

Lena” he groaned, “Come on, I need this.”

You need this? I’m sure under different circumstances I would take that in a romantic way but seeing you like this… I am not that kinda girl Zayn.”

“What do you mean different circumstances?” he burst out laughing, “Oh you mean like knight and shinning armor kind of circumstances. You still believe in that shit?”

Yes! I still believe in that kind of shit. Unlike you I believe that there are better things out there, whereas you; well you fucked everything up with your fiancé and now there is nothing good left in the world.”

Hey!” his tone became serious and Lena knew she was walking a thin line but she didn’t care.

“Maybe if you hadn’t been so selfish she would still be here, and I wouldn’t be the one who has to clean up your mess. I wouldn’t be the one who is constantly checking up on you to make sure you’re not dead, the one who is always there for you when one of your one night stands has a pregnancy scare. You think you’re the only one effected by all this… but let me tell you you’re wrong-”

“Oh please, tell me how any of that effects you, please I’m dying to know,” his tone was angry but she could hear the sarcasm that lightly laced his words.

“The same way it affected Perrie!”

“You don’t know how it affected her.”

“Oh how wrong you are, she was always running to me for help. She was terrified… you scared her into leaving you. When your drinking became bad she never wanted to come home scared of how you would treat her.”

“I never laid a hand on her.”

“That’s what you think.” Quickly the brunette shut her mouth regretting what she had just told him, that wasn’t meant to come out. In her anger she had let slip what Perrie had made her promise to keep a secret. The look on Zayn’s face was a mixture of pure rage and sadness.

“You’re lying…” he growled getting to his feet, quickly Lena stepped back, “I never hit her,” there was a fire in his eyes and she knew he was beyond mad. Helena kept her lips sealed, she knew should have kept quite but the words tumbled from her lips before she could stop them.

“See what drinking does.” A snarl ripped through his throat and he ran at me, screaming the young woman quickly spun and ran down the flight of stairs as fast as her legs could go grabbing her bag on the way past she forgot about her shoes as she raced out the back door jumping over the rubbish that lay there unlocking her car and jumping in instantly and starting the engine. Unfortunately she wasn’t able to pull out of my driveway quick enough. Zayn ran up to the vehicle yelling and cursing Helena tried to pull out but not before his fist made hard contact with her window. The brunette screamed covering her head in fear, however she looked up when she heard a loud yell in pain. Fear spread through her when she saw the crack in her window that was dotted with blood splotches and Zayn was gripping his hand that was dripping blood. Helena as scared as she was wanted to get out and check on the bleeding male but she chose against of it knowing that if she got out it probably wouldn’t end well instead she pulled out of the driveway and sped to the house of the first person she thought of.

James
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay this has been a while coming and I am so sorry for making you all wait but it is finally here and yes it is a longer one, because I thought you guys deserved it.

So... DRAMATIC MUCH!!
What do you guys think of James hehe.
Please tell me what you think, I would love to know.

SHOUT OUT TIME: shout out to these awesome people who commented on the last chapter :)
kassipoola
semisweet
diana parr
sugarplum.

and charity_hope
Thank you all Big hugs :D :D
Cheers Esther
Image