Status: Coming Soon!

Never Tear Us Apart

4.

Helena held her phone as it vibrated against the palm of her hand. Looking at the caller ID it took all her strength not to answer it. The brunette wanted to talk to Zayn but she also wanted to avoid him after everything that had happened earlier. Her conflict was quickly silenced when James walked back into the room two large, steaming mugs in his hands. Placing them down on the glass topped coffee table he took a seat next to her. He had a gentle smile on his face; his blue eyes were kind and inviting.

“So do you want to tell me what happened?” he asked, his tone was gentle. Helena was torn, she wanted to tell him but she also wanted to keep it private. If she told him he could just laugh at her for being so stupid, stupid for sticking around through everything that Zayn was doing. “Lena, I’m not going to force you to tell me, if you don’t want to tell me I understand.”

A smile spread across the brunette’s face, as she leant forward and grabbed her cup of steaming hot chocolate. Taking a sip she felt James’ blue eyes trained on her, she couldn’t help the blush that coloured her cheeks, placing her cup on her knee she looked down.

“You promise not to judge me too hard?”

“Judge you, why would I judge you?” James was clearly puzzled by her question. Sighing the brown haired woman looked up at him before beginning to speak.

“For the past several months I have been looking after a friend of mine, a friend that’s gone down a really dark path. I have been through everything with him. I was there for him when his lifestyle became too much, I was there when he turned to alcohol I watched as his jet set life style faded away to a life that revolved around drinking. I was there when his fiancé left him because she was scared of what he had become…” tears welled in Helena’s eyes at the memories, inhaling deeply she tried to swallow them and keep her tone steady. “He became a monster, his normally happy personality disappeared and he became angry and violent. She was too scared to go home to him so she spent most of the nights camped out on my couch. It wasn’t long before she gave up and moved on and that just sent him spiraling downwards again. His mates have tried to help him but he doesn’t want help, he doesn’t help himself and I know they are starting to give up on him…”

“What about you?” James asked his tone soft, looking up and through her blurred vision she could see that he was staring at her, a gentle look on his face.

“I can’t give up on him,” her voice broke at that and sobs fell from her lips the tears she had been holding onto falling freely onto her cheeks. “Everyone is giving up on him, I know he’s not helping the cause but I refuse… I will not let my friend die, I will help him get through this.”

“Helena…” James began hesitantly. “Is it really worth it?”

“Of course it is. You never give up on your friends even if what they are doing is affecting everyone around him. I have told him what he is doing, I don’t hesitate, I let him know what he is doing to everyone in hopes that one day he will realize, but…” she hesitated as her throat constricted.

“But…” James pushed.

“But I told him something today that I shouldn’t have.”

“And?”

“And he got mad, like really mad-” she sobbed

“Did he hurt you?” suddenly the blonde male’s tone became worrisome. Helena shook her head. “But something did happen, what happened Lena?”

Inhaling the brown haired girl spoke. “As I was about to pull out he hit my window screen... I was so scared he was going to break the glass. There was a fire in his eyes and I knew that he could have killed me if he got to me.” Helena’s hands body began to shake at the memory.

“What did you say? What made him become so mad?” Helena knew that James meant well but she couldn’t tell him, looking down she shook her head. “Alright, I understand.”

“Thank you,” she said in a small voice. Sighing the blonde wrapped his arms around Helena pulling her close careful not to spill her drink. Closing her eyes Helena rested her cheek against his shoulder sniffling and swallowing down her tears.

“If you need a place to stay for the night, you are more then welcome to stay here, I have a spare bedroom. If you’d feel a little more safer.”

“I can’t do-”

“Lena, it’s fine. Plus I know that you would be safe here.” Smiling gently the brown haired male wrapped one of her arms around the males body and held him tightly.

“Thank you so much James.”

“One more question though, who is your friend?”

Closing her eyes she breathed in “Zayn Malik.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Here is the next chapter, hope you all enjoy it :)

shout out to sugarplum. for her comment, thanks sweets. :)

anyways.. till next time
Cheers Esther
Image Image