‹ Prequel: Avidity
Sequel: Sinister
Status: Sequel to Avidity. Complete.

Beyond

Normal

The knock startled me from sleep. Opening my eyes, I stood and crossed the room. Pulling open the door, I grinned. The man was leaning against the hallway wall, his blue eyes watching me carefully. He was smiling.

"You look well," he murmured.

I nodded, moving aside. "I still have some bruising, but I'll be okay. Come on in. Would you like something to drink?"

Devon picked up a small statue on the table by the couch, then glanced at me. "Do you have coffee?"

I stuck my head out of the kitchen to look at him, and rolled my eyes. "You know I do. You've woken up many times here or are your place offering to make it."

He smiled, then walked over to me. "Aren't you glad you're not my patient anymore?"

I shook my head. "Being attracted to your shrink is really inappropriate."

Devon cleared his throat. "Former shrink."

When the coffee was ready, I handed him a mug. Then we sat on the couch and I turned on the TV. My heart was in my throat. Devon watched my expression, eyes narrowed, and brain analyzing my behavior. It was automatic.

"Eden, what's wrong?"

I closed my eyes.

John's face was everywhere.

I couldn't get away from it.

I couldn't have a normal life.
♠ ♠ ♠
New character is harmless. Promise, promise.