‹ Prequel: Avidity
Sequel: Sinister
Status: Sequel to Avidity. Complete.

Beyond

Lose

Sara wound herself around me like a snake, her mouth pressed to my neck. I gripped one of her hips with my hand and buried the other in her hair, pulling her head away from my throat. Then I kissed her, and she tasted as good as I thought she would.

Oh God.

When I grasped her wrists and dragged them above her head, she looked at me, a smirk on her face. She didn't realize what was happening, and she wouldn't until it was too late.

"Is that how it's going to go?" she whispered.

"For a while," I replied.

When she wrapped her legs around my waist, I dropped my hand and ground her into the wall, her mouth hot against mine. I was losing myself and I couldn't afford to do that. I needed to kill her, and I needed to do it soon.

Eden's fingers in my hair; her hands on my chest; her fingers undoing my belt. She dropped to her knees and I saw stars.

But it wasn't her. It was Sara. I reached down and yanked her up by her hair. Now she looked scared. She twisted. I grasped her around the neck and slammed her into the brick wall of the alley. I applied pressure, and Sara gasped, trying to pry my hands away.

"You're not her," I said. "So you lose."