Status: work in progress

Days with You

Chapter 1

Katee POV
As I drive into the city of Pittsburgh and look around it all seems so foreign. I know absolutely no one; all I know is that I am going to The University of Pittsburgh to study to become a Sports Physical Therapist. As I get closer to the University I can feel the butterflies all through my stomach. It is absolutely crazy. Just a day ago I was back home in Newfoundland in a small town and now I am in this huge city in an entire different country. The butterflies instantly wash away as I pull up to the University. It is beautiful. After walking around for about twenty minutes I finally find my dorm room. When I walk in I see a tall brunette who is presumably my roommate.

Hopefully she is nice I think to myself. The last thing I need is a rude roomie. She hears me and turns around with a big smile on her face.

“Hi I’m Casey! So nice to meet you!” she says as she pulls me in for a big hug.

“Hey I’m Katee, nice to meet you too,” I smile as I hug back.

“Where are you from?” she asks.

“I’m from Newfoundland,” I say slightly nervous that she will think I am weird because I’m not from remotely around here.

“THAT IS SO COOL! I’m from Pittsburgh. I’ve been here all of my life; once a Pittsburgher always a Pittsburgher, eh?” She laughs as I begin unpacking my belongings. “Do you need any help? I know how overwhelming it must be to be you right now.”

“Yeah I would love some help, thank you!” As we put my clothes away she looks at my Pittsburgh Penguins jersey.

“You like the Penguins?” she asks me.

“Yes,” I answer a tad hesitantly unsure of whether or not she likes them.

“No way!” she says back a bit loud. “My one friend plays for them!”

“Seriously? You’re not kidding!? This isn’t some kind of ‘let’s try to fool the new girl’ type thing?” I say completely floored. “Which one is it, if you don’t mind me asking…?”

“No! I am 200% serious and to answer your question it is James Neal,” she says smiling like she has something to hide.

Oh my god, Katee. Keep it together. Don’t freak out. We don’t want to scare off the only person you know here over this.

“He is actually having a bonfire tonight to celebrate all the guys being back in town. You should totally come with me. He told me I can bring my roommate,” she says smiling

“I don’t know…I mean I want to, but what if they don’t like me,” I say suddenly self-conscious about myself.

“Oh please, Katee. They will absolutely love you!” she says “Hell I have known you for about an hour and I already love you!”

Either she means it or she is really good at selling it.

“I mean it, I’m not just saying that,” she says almost like she is reading my mind. “So will you please come?”

“Umm I guess so,” I say hesitantly.

“YES, YES, YES. THANK YOU!! THEY WILL LOVE YOU SO MUCH!” She says a little too loud. “Do you want to finish getting settled and then we can head out?”

“Sure! I’ll be ready in about an hour,” I smile excitedly.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As I walk out of the bathroom I notice Casey is waiting by the door.

“Ready to go?” she asks.

“As ready as I’ll ever be,” I smile a little nervously.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The car ride into town where James Neal lives was all a blur. My heart was racing at about 1000 miles a minute.

What have I gotten myself into? I wonder for the second time today.

All of a sudden we pull into a beautiful neighborhood full of huge mansions and sports cars and my heart goes from absolutely racing to a complete and utter stop.

“Katee…Katee…Hello…..Katee. Earth to Katee…Are you listening?”

I eventually snap out of my trance “Yeah…yeah sorry. Sorry.”

“Are you ready to go?” she asks.

“Yeah I think so,” I say as the butterflies return. We both get out of the car and head inside to the party.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey this is my first chapter! Sorry it's a little boring but this part in necessary to introduce everyone :) Hope you like it and please keep reading and leave comments!!!!!!!! XOXOXOXOXOX