Status: work in progress

Days with You

Chapter 2

Katee’s POV:

Stay calm I think to myself as I walk into the mansion. They are just people. There isn’t anything special about them besides the fact they are all professional hockey players and complete babes.

I am immediately snapped out of my thoughts when we walk into the kitchen and James Neal is standing there with a group of his team mates.

“James, boys, this is Katee. Katee, this is James and the boys. Katee is my new roommate,” Casey says as she smiles. “She is from Newfoundland and since you said I could bring someone to your party I figured I would bring her!”

“Nice to meet you,” they all say.

“Thanks, nice to meet you guys too,” I say as I smile.

“Food is over on that table, Katee, and drinks are around back. Feel free to get whatever you want and make yourself at home,” says James.

Casey walks over to me. “So…what do you think?” she asks excitedly.

“They all seem great! I need a drink to loosen up though,” I say only half joking.

“I’m on it. I want you to be comfortable here. I will be right back. Don’t move,” she says.

I start laughing. I think I landed a pretty good roommate.

A few minutes pass and someone taps me on the shoulder. Expecting it to be Casey with a fruity wine cooler for me, I turn around. Much to my surprise it wasn’t her. It was the Pittsburgh Penguins third line center, Brandon Sutter.

“Hey I’m Brandon, nice to meet you! I noticed Casey left you here, so I figured I’d introduce myself,” he says as he laughs.

“I’m Katee. It’s nice to meet you too. Yeah, she said she was going to get me a drink, but God knows where she went off to,” I say as we both start laughing.

“How about we go find her, someone probably started talking to her and if I know Casey she will be talking for a while,” he says chuckling and opens the door. “Ladies first!”

After looking around for a few minutes we finally spot her.

“There she is. She’s talking to Sid and Nealer. Should we go interrupt them?” he asks.

“I think we should. I mean I have to get my drink at some point,” I say and Brandon starts laughing.

I wasn’t really trying to be funny I think to myself. He has a pretty cute laugh though.

“Come on, we will introduce you to Sid,” he says. “Hey Sid, this is Casey’s roommate, Katee.”

“Nice to meet you, Katee,” he says as he sticks out his hand for me to shake it.

“Nice meeting you too,” I say reminding myself to stay calm while smiling.

“Hey Katee sorry I didn’t come in to get you! These two idiots started talking to me and wouldn’t let me leave,” she says while smiling and James gives her a big hug. “Let’s go get you something to drink since you’re here.”

“That sounds good! See you in a few minutes, boys,” I say.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“So…I saw you with Brandon, and I saw the looks he was giving you,” Casey says with a smirk on her face.

“Wait, what are you talking about?” I ask her.

“I am saying that I know he likes you. Believe me. I have hung out with the guy since he first was traded here and not once have I seen him give ANYONE the puppy dog eyes. Anyone,” she half whispers with a smile.

“You are crazy. There is absolutely no way in hell that he likes me. I don’t believe it,” I say absolutely dumbfounded with her statement as I take a large sip of my drink.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Over the course of the night I began loosening up and became more comfortable with all of the guys. I also ended up cuddling up against Brandon somehow.

I decided that he smells like cinnamon and man with a hint of beer and sweat. I also decided that I liked that smell and that I didn’t want to move, and no it’s not because I had a slight buzz going at that point.

Brandon and I were off in our own little world the entire night. We talked about everything, from our favorite color to our goals for the future.

We are both snapped back to reality when I hear Casey talking to me.

“Hey Katee, it’s getting late. We should get going back home,” she says.

I can tell she feels bad making me leave by the sound in her voice. She and all the guys, except me and Brandon, migrate inside.

“It was great meeting you, Katee,” Brandon said smiling and looking at me with his huge, brown puppy eyes as Casey likes to call them. “We should hangout sometime…I mean if you want to…” he says shyly.

“I would love to,” I say with the biggest smile face I’ve had on my face in a while. “How about I give you my number and then if you want to you can call or text sometime.”

After I give him my number and a hug I look up inside the big glass windows of the house and I notice Casey and James watching us and they give each other a high five.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We walk in to the house and both Casey and James have a huge shit eating grin on their face.

“Thanks for inviting me,” I say to James as I give him a hug.

“No problem, you seem awesome and all of the guys, including me love you,” there is a pause. “Especially Suttsy over there,” he says whispering in my ear as I laugh.

“Shut up! You don’t know that,” I say laughing.

“Oh believe me, I know,” he says smiling and I blush.

I say goodbye to the rest of the boys and Casey and I leave for the night.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When we get back to the dorm I almost immediately crash after changing out of my clothes, but I can’t help but think about Brandon and I’s conversation from that night before I fall asleep.

Maybe life in Pittsburgh won’t be so bad.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I took FOREVER to update! It will get more interesting. I promise. Leave comments and subscribe. Feel free to let me know if you have an idea of something you would like me to change! I am open to constructive criticism haha xoxoxo