Status: Complete

The North Remembers

The taste of death

Death had changed her.

She was numb.

Physically, her slashed throat leaked a mix of blood and river water no matter what she did.

The smell of her rotten flesh was nothing to her.

She could look at herself in a looking glass now.

Her skin green and white in death, a face covered in scratches, half her hair gone, the remaining strands were white and as hard as straw.

She whimpered, what would Ned think of her? He had loved her red hair.

Physical pain was beyond her.

But oh, she still felt the sting of loss, the burning desire for vengeance.

Their faces haunted her.

She wanted nothing more than to be pulled into the tight embrace of the Seven and see her family again in the afterlife.

Hell, she would forsake the Seven for the Old Gods if it meant seeing them again.

The husband she didn't choose but came to love.

Her children.

All because she broke a promise to the Seven.

When her husband brought home an infant, the child that came from the woman he had forsaken his vows for.

The infant grew sick and she had promised the Seven she would love him as one of her own if they saved him. The boy had miraculously gotten better but she refused to keep her promise.

Because of that calamity befell the Starks. Bran was pushed from the window. Ned had been executed. Arya and Sansa in the hands of the Lannisters. Bran and Rickon dead by Theon's hand.

And Robb. Dear, Robb.

Her firstborn, her everything.

Her sobs made her neck wound bleed more.

Would the damn thing ever stop?

She was a corpse, surely she was out of bodily fluids by now.

This was her punishment. When Lord Beric resurrected her. She knew, this was her punishment for forsaking her own oaths.

If this was her hell, she'd make it so for everyone else.

It didn't matter if they were innocent. Man, woman, child. If they were attached to the Freys, Boltons or Lannisters. She would kill them and enjoy it.

Whispers reached their way around to her camp.

" The North remembers...

Oh they do?

She laughed. Where were they? They sure weren't on the frontlines with her making them pay for what they've done.

The North had bent the knee to Roose and Ramsay Bolton, had turned on their backs and shown their soft bellies to the enemy.

The North remembers was bullshit.

Where were they when the Freys had slaughtered them? Slaughtered Robb, his wife and his unborn son?

When they had sewn Grey Wind's head to Robb's body.

The wolves were gone and it was her fault.

She might've been a fish by birth but she was a wolf in name and she would make them remeber the North.

Catelyn Tully died during Robert's Rebellion. Catelyn Stark had died at the Red Wedding.

But Lady Stoneheart was here.

And she would make them remember the North.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys this was inspired by a prompt from the GoT club in the forums :]

Let me know what you think!