Status: In Progress

Childhood Sweethearts

Chapter Thirteen: Tests and Plans

-Cesc.
I looked at Daniella horrified as she delivered the news. She was pregnant? No way. I wasn’t ready to be a father. Sure, I love children and I would like some of my own in the future, but definitely not now! And definitely not with her.

“Are you serious?” I said weakly. I was rubbing my sweaty palms on my training pants and my heart was beating so loudly I could hear it. Daniella smirked at me and nodded before turning to shoot Sam a glare.

“Sam, could you be a dear and leave the room for a bit? Us adults would like to chat.” Daniella said sarcastically. Sam’s eyes widened and I could tell she was about to shoot Daniella a sassy remark when her eyes met mine. I shot her a pleading look and she sighed before leaving the room.

“Daniella, are you absolutely sure that you’re pregnant?” I asked her. Daniella nodded and sat down in front of me, “I took at least five pregnancy tests.” She replied. I rubbed my face with my hands and sighed.

“You need to get a proper test,” I told her, “We need to go to the doctor.” I said. There was no way I was letting Daniella trick me into this. For all I know, it could’ve been anybody else’s baby. I stood up and grabbed my jacket before pulling it around me.

I looked at Daniella and shot her a knowing glance, “Let’s go, hurry.”

“What, now? I just landed from Paris.” She scoffed. I shot her a glare and crossed my arms over my chest, “I don’t care, Daniella. We’re going to get a test run on you, hurry up.” I said sternly.

Rolling her eyes, Daniella stood up and grabbed her fur coat before storming out of the house. I sighed and followed after her when Sam stood up and walked over to me. “Hey, where are you going?” she asked.

“Hospital. We’re going to make sure she’s pregnant.” I said. Sam shot me a comforting look, “Do you want me to come?” she asked. I bit my lip and nodded, if I had to be stuck with Daniella for a while, I’d rather have someone else with me.

Sam grabbed her jacket from the coat closet and pulled it around her before softly taking me by the arm and leading me outside. Daniella was already sat in the backseat of my Range Rover fiddling with her phone.

Sam and I shared a look before we got in the car. I started driving to the nearest hospital. The car ride there was absolutely silent, I was too nervous to talk about anything, Sam was probably too angry and Daniella couldn’t care less about what we were going to talk about.

We reached the hospital soon and Daniella jumped out of the car and bolted to the entrance of the hospital. I parked the car and walked out with Sam. I hoped that nobody saw me here with Daniella and Sam, it would stir something up and I didn’t need that kind of publicity.

We set up an appointment and we were told that we could go in straight away since the doctor was free. Daniella went in the room by herself and told us that she’d be out with the results soon so I took a seat in the waiting room with Sam.

“You okay?” she asked me. It was the first thing she’s said to me since we’ve reached the hospital. She had a look of genuine concern on her face and I’ve never really thought about how lucky I was to have her in my life.

I nodded and shot her a weak smile. “Yeah. I’m just really scared.”

She nodded understandingly and pulled me into a small hug, “I know. Don’t worry, we’ll think of something.” She said reassuringly.

After another five minutes, Daniella came out of the room. I stood up quickly and I looked at her. “So? Are you pregnant?” I asked.

She nodded and placed her hand on her still flat stomach. My heart dropped to my stomach and I bit my lip tightly, nearly drawing some blood. I felt Sam reassuringly rubbing my back and I took steady breaths out through my nose to try and get myself to calm down.

Oh God, what am I supposed to do now?

-Daniella.
I smiled as I sat on the queen-sized bed back at Cesc’s former house. He was an idiot when he chose to live with Sam. I rested a hand on my stomach and smiled to myself.

Maria and Joseph were still in London with their father and I haven’t made much effort to contact them. After all, I was busy with my plans here in Barcelona. Cesc was going to drop everything and come support the baby and I and I’d be bathed in riches.

My phone rang and I hastily picked it up before setting it on loudspeaker so that I could continue painting my nails.

“Daniella?” I heard his familiar voice. I smiled and blew on my nails to get them to dry a little faster, “How are you?”

‘He’ of course, is my old flame Tómas Hernandez. He was in Barcelona a few weeks ago, and we decided to meet up. Things got a little heated from that point, and here I am now, pregnant with his child.

“I’m fine,” I told him.

“How’s the baby?” he asked. Tómas had been the first one to know about the baby and he definitely cared a lot about the thing. He was a banker and maybe that’s why I was so attracted to him in the first place.

“Good.” I replied in a monotone.

I chuckled lowly to myself when I heard Tómas talking about all his plans for us—him, myself and the baby. He should’ve known that I didn’t care about him or the baby, I was doing this for myself.

With Tómas carelessly sending me money and with me tricking Cesc into thinking the baby was his, I would be filthy rich by the time I had the baby.

Oh, poor gullible boys. If only they knew.
♠ ♠ ♠
x