Status: In Progress

Childhood Sweethearts

Chapter Seven: Paris

Cesc drummed his fingers on the armrest awkwardly. Sam was casually reading a magazine but deep inside she was freaking out. Daniella was keeping Cesc occupied with all the things she had planned for them to do when they reached Paris. "Cesc, do you think we could go to the Louvre after hours?" she asked happily. "No, Dani. We won't be allowed to do that." Cesc murmured annoyed. Sam secretly rolled her eyes at the older woman - she could already tell that Daniella was a gold digger and she was just going to jump to another man after she was done with Cesc.

"Can't you ask? You're a footballer." Daniella whined. Cesc rolled his eyes and turned to his girlfriend, "Yeah, but the museum's still off-limits after hours. You know that." he explained. Daniella scoffed and turned away from her boyfriend and decided to read the Elle magazine that she had bought in the airport. Cesc cleared his throat and moved closer to Sam. "So, what are you doing in Paris?" he asked her. Sam looked up confused, wondering why Cesc was talking to her.

"Um, are you asking me?" she asked. Cecs chuckled and nodded. "Of course. There's nobody else here." he replied. Sam glanced at Daniella who was glaring at her. "Modelling," she replied curtly. "I'm going to be in Paris for three days. Then I'm going to head back to Barcelona." she explained. Cesc nodded understandingly, "That's great. Who are you modelling for?" he asked. "Chanel." Sam replied with a small smile. She still couldn't believe that Chanel - the ACTUAL Chanel - wanted her to be the new face of their fragrance. It was one of the highest peaks of her career and she hoped that there were more great things to come in the future.

"Chanel?" Daniella squeaked from her seat. Sam and Cesc turned to look at the elder woman, "You're going to be modelling for Chanel Paris?" she asked. Sam nodded timidly, not wanting to stir up anymore problems with Daniella. Sam still didn't understand why Daniella wouldn't just let Cesc and Sam be friends. They weren't going to fall in love anyway, especially not when Daniella and Cesc were going steady. After staring at Sam for a while, Daniella turned away in jealousy and cursed under her breath. The older woman didn't think Sam deserved to be modelling for such a big name in fashion. There were way better models that could have been given the chance.

Cesc turned back to Sam, "Don't mind her. She's just having one of her moods," he joked. Sam cracked a smile and shifted in her seat so she could talk to Cesc better. "How's Carlota?" she asked with a smile. Carlota, Cesc's sister, and Sam were good friends as well. Carlota was a great friend to hang out with and they were quite close but unfortunately they hadn't met or talked in a while. "She's great!" Cesc beamed, "She's been going steady with her boyfriend."

Sam continued asking Cesc about his family while Daniella stared at the two dumbfounded. She didn't expect Cesc to ditch her for Sam, especially since this was supposed to be a romantic vacation. Daniella grit her teeth and looked away from the pair, making up a plan to get the two away from each other as soon as possible. Daniella didn't want her meal ticket to leave, especially since she couldn't go back to her ex husband after cheating on him.

-

"I guess I'll see you soon," Sam said as the plane touched down. Cesc nodded and unbuckled his seatbelt, "We should have lunch." he suggested. Sam thought about it for a while before nodding, "Just don't stand me up like last time." she joked before grabbing her carry-on and leaving the plane. Cesc smiled as he watched the brunette leave before he was greeted by another brunette.

"Sorry, Dani. We can go now." he said. Daniella scoffed and rolled her eyes before grabbing her handbag and strutting out of the plane. Cesc rolled his eyes and followed after her. The two handled everything before leaving the airport in a private car that the luxurious hotel provided for them. As soon as they were in the car, Daniella started talking Cesc's ear off about Sam. "You completely ignored me during that flight! Why do you pay no attention to me?" she snapped. Cesc rolled his eyes and shifted the other way so he was looking out the window instead of at his girlfriend.

"Cesc! Answer me!" she growled. Cesc sighed, "I'm sorry, Daniella! She's my best friend, okay? And I haven't talked to her in a really long time. Why can't you just let me be for a while?" Cesc shot back. That seemed to shut Daniella up. The two stayed quiet the whole car ride and only talked whenever it was necessary. Cesc sighed, knowing he had to do something about his relationship with Daniella. He wasn't happy and he knew that he had to end it with her sooner or later.