Status: In Progress

Childhood Sweethearts

Chapter Nine: Break Ups

"Who are we meeting anyway?" Pierre asked as he drove his car through the streets of Paris. It was a beautiful night and Sam hoped that everything would go smoothly tonight. She didn't want to cause a scene in the restaurant what with Daniella wanting to rip out her guts. "Um, my friend and his girlfriend." Sam replied absentmindedly. She was glad that Pierre was here with her. She would need the support when Daniella's claws came out.

After driving for another 5 minutes, they reached the restaurant. Pierre gave his keys to the valet and the two entered the restaurant. Sam mentioned Cesc's name to the waitress up front and she led them to a private room. Daniella and Cesc were sitting beside each other but they were totally quiet. Daniella was on her phone and Cesc was playing with his thumbs. He quickly looked up when he saw Sam and the corners of his mouth tugged upwards.

"Hey, Sam," Cesc smiled warmly. He gave her a hug and glanced at Pierre. "Cesc, this is my friend, Pierre."

Pierre grinned at Cesc, recognising the footballer immediately. "Nice to meet you." Pierre said in fluent Spanish. This seemed to perk up Daniella's interest. The Lebanese set her phone down and turned to gawk at Pierre. She gave a curt nod to Sam and smiled at Pierre. "Hola, Pierre. I'm Daniella." she introduced herself, eyeing the big watch on his wrist. Pierre smiled back at her and they all sat back down. Sam sat in front of Cesc and Pierre in front of Daniella.

Cesc eyed Pierre for a while. He was curious as to how Sam knew him. He thought that by 'friend' she would bring a fellow model or something, not a guy. Cesc felt sort of ticket off and he felt that he had to compete for her attention now. Wait…what? Why would Cesc need to compete for her attention. It's not like he's jealous of Pierre or anything. Right?

"So, Pierre, how do you know Samantha?" Cesc asked. Sam furrowed her brows. Samantha? Nobody but her grandmother ever called her that. Pierre shifted uncomfortably under Cesc's stare, "We just met actually. She was lost and-"

"Are you French?" Daniella asked, interrupting Pierre mid-sentence. Pierre turned his attention to Daniella and nodded. "You're so good at Spanish, though." Daniella giggled. Pierre shrugged, "I was born here but I was raised in Madrid." he told her. Daniella giggled again and started shooting out more questions, making Cesc roll his eyes.

Sam watched in amusement as Daniella helplessly flirted with Pierre. She would pay a lot of money to see the reaction on Daniella's face when Pierre told her he played for the other team.

-

"Dinner was great," Sam smiled at Cesc and shot a small one to Daniella. Even though Daniella hated her, Sam was going to be the bigger person in this problem. "Thanks for tonight." Sam smiled. Cesc nodded, "It's not a problem."

Pierre smiled at the two and said his goodbyes before getting into the car that the valet had drove back for him.

"God," Daniella murmured, "Why can't you be more like Pierre?" she asked. Cesc furrowed his brows, "Excuse me?" he asked. "Pierre. He does volunteer work, he's taking over his dad's business in a few months and he got a master's degree from Harvard." Daniella whined. Cesc felt his blood start to boil and he tried to control it. He knew that things wouldn't go well if he fought with Daniella here.

"Well, I'm sorry," the footballer said in a monotone, "You can always just leave and go after him." he said in a calm tone although he was so angry inside. Daniella looked at him challengingly. "You've changed, Cesc. You're not the person I fell in love with anymore." she shot back at him. Cesc threw his hands up in frustration, "Are you kidding me, Daniella? I've done nothing but love you - but you won't take it. I don't even know who you are anymore." Cesc snapped.

Daniella narrowed her eyes at him, "Fine. Have it your way then." Daniella growled before turning in her heels and walking away from him, leaving him in front of the French restaurant with a broken heart.

-

Sam groaned when she heard her phone ring. It was around 1:32 in Paris right now, and all she wanted to do was get some rest before her big photo and video shoot the next day. She grabbed her phone and slid her thumb across the screen and placed it to her ear with her eyes still closed. "Hola?" she grumbled.

"Sammy," Cesc said loudly before hiccuping, "Where art thou?" he asked again. Sam opened her eyed wide and sat up, "Cesc? What's wrong?" she asked. "Where art thou, lovely maiden?" he hiccuped again. Sam groaned, realising the Spaniard was drunk. He could be in any bar in Paris and it was her job to take care of him and make sure this doesn't end up in any of the tabloids. Oh, God, she could just imagine the headlines coming with the pictures 'Cesc Fabregas: Drunk In Paris'. Vicente Del Bosque would definitely punish Cesc and she was sure Gerardo Martino would definitely come up with some consequences.

"Cesc, where are you?" she asked him. Sam could hear him speak to someone in the background. "I'm at La Danse. It's a…club," Cesc hiccuped again. Sam face palmed herself. La Danse was one of the most popular clubs in Paris - no, in France. People were bound to notice the footballer drunk out of his mind. "S-She left, Sammy! Daniella left me to find someone richer." he hiccuped again. Sam opened and closed her mouth, knowing that Daniella was nothing but a gold digger. She bit her lip before throwing the blankets off her. "I'm coming to get you, Cesc. Stay where you are."

-

Sam pulled her jacket tighter around herself as she looked around the club. People were dancing and drinking, some were even doing the nasty in one corner of the club. Groaning loudly, Sam pushed between the sweaty bodies of people grinding up against each other and ran to the bar where Cesc was taking large swigs of his fourth and last beer. "OH! Hola, Sam! Want a drink? I'll pay." Cesc grinned. Sam rolled her eyes and pulled Cesc by the jacket. "Wait, where are we going?" he hiccuped again. Sam glared at him and grabbed a glass of water before dumping it over his head. She gave the bartender a small tip and dragged Cesc outside to the taxi and helped him inside.

"What were you thinking, Cesc? Someone could have seen you getting drunk off your ass! Do you know the consequences? Del Bosque could have you off the squad and Tata could as well. What's wrong with you?" Sam seethed. Cesc sighed and clutched his head in his hands, finally getting some sense knocked into him. "Daniella left me. I just needed to drink away the pain." Cesc murmured sadly.

Sam sighed and rested a hand on Cesc's shoulder. "It's okay, Cesc, there are plenty of other fish in the sea." Sam reassured him. Cesc sighed and ran a hand through his hair in exasperation before leaning on the door of the cab to think about all the memories he had with Daniella.

-

Sam watched as Cesc slept on the couch in Sam's hotel. She was worried about him. The season wasn't going so well for Barcelona and Cesc didn't need any more negativity in his life. It was 3:43 in Paris and Sam knew she had to go to sleep or she'd wake up tired and end up snoozing in her dressing room. She crawled into her bed and snuck one last glance at Cesc before falling asleep.