Status: Its new, so im just seeing how well it does :3

100 Ways to Say Goodbye

So Lank

She peered down at the unconscious man cautiously; she’d admired him since he was admitted into her room, she was admiring the art splayed over his skin. She always admired those brave enough to get their skin covered in tattoos, especially the neck. She recalls him being admitted after a brutal motor accident. She took the advantage of him sleeping to admire his tattoos, she’d never seen the man before but she always aspired to make it big in the tattoo business.

He stirred making her flinch. She looked around frantically, her bed was a whole three meters away, she couldn’t jump it without hurting herself. His eyes opened and closed a few times before rubbing them groggily. “I’m dead aren’t I?” He groggily spoke. She sat shell-shocked, staring at him. She then grimaced, taking in what he said, “You just as good as.” She mutters.

He was taken aback. Well then, where was he? “The hospital, you’re at the hospital.” She seemed to read his mind, he leans up but a sharp pain shoots through his abdomen. She looks at him sadly, “You know you should take it easy, the doctors say you’ll be in for a while, you took a nasty beating in that car.” She looks up reading his patient stat.

Was she in the other car he hit? He thought and began to get a gush of guilt. He peered up at her, “Were you in the other car?” He asks quietly, looking at her guiltily, he could’ve killed her. She shakes her head, “No, you’re just stuck with me, your roomie.” She smiles, he sighs in relief. He tilted his head, “Whats your name?”

“Iris, but I prefer TJ, my initials of my middle and last name, Iris is too girly.” She replies smiling. He took notice of her perfectly straight teeth and smooth tanned skin. Her lips were perfectly filled and her black hair rounded her face so well. Iris suited her, if anything Iris was better than TJ. Iris is a goddess and warrior and she fitted the name well. “I like it, I’m Oli.” He grins at her.

He reminded her of the type of guy girls swooned over in highschool, or maybe he was the opposite, those who were bullied always get the upper hand in their twenties. “Oli, I assume short for Oliver? That’s one of my favourite boy names, I had a dog named Oliver.” She trailed of looking in the distance. He laughs, “Are you just saying that because you think im hot or..” He smirks at her, she smiles.

He was very attractive, no denying it. She blushed a little, “Nah I speak the truth I swear, but I wont deny your looks.” His hair was long and hugged his cheeks, but her favourite trait was his fringe (bangs). She loved his eyes, she didn’t even truly know what colour they were under the shit hospital light but she loved the shape, his eyelashes were long. It was always the thing she admired about males, she didn’t care for looks as long as their eyes were beautiful.

“What ‘bout you, your named after a goddess right? Well you match the description perfectly.” He makes her blush, it was all very flattering but there wasn’t anything godlike about her. “You’re not the first to comment about that.” She murmurs pulling the black fringe out of her face and behind her ears. He frowns, of course he wasn’t the first guy to take notice of her looks, any bet she’d have a boyfriend.

Gods were said to be proud, rulers of their people but also have hidden wrath. None of those Iris possessed. She was quite lonely in fact, No one worshiped her like people do to their gods, She wasn’t proud of who she was. That was all emotional and spiritual thoughts, in real life she might as well be a goddess. Her parents were rich, which made Iris wealthy. She never liked company in fear that they were only in it for her money. So, She moved, New country fresh start.

The two were silent for a few moments, Oli broke the silence, “You were at my bedside looking at me before, erm why’s that?” He asked, he was still lying on the bed, unable to sit. “I was admiring your tattoo’s, they looked neat and colourful compared to the shit colours of this room.” She honestly answered. Her news needed to feed off colour, they craved vibrant colours, pastel colours anything but the dull grey in the room.

He chuckles, He finally took notice of her accent, he really took notice of her not her looks. She was Australian which of course was harder to detect in Britain. “You know s’not that bad.” He shrugs, she shakes her head sadly. “When you’ve spent over half your life in hospitals..it gets boring.” He looks at her feeling guilty.

“I was supposed to be here on holidays for a while, I collapsed in some street of London and here I am. That was about five weeks ago.” She frowns fiddling with her gown. He looks at her sadly, on a holiday? Really, whatever it was really took its toll on her. But Disease has no mercy, infant or not, on holidays or normal days, it will get you no matter the cost.
“But its fine now, I’m hoping to leave soon.” She smiles bearing her perfectly straight teeth. It was contagious yes so Oli couldn’t help but smile back. “I like you, I don’t know much about you, but your pretty cool.” She smiles nudging his arm with her hand. He smiles chuckling, “I can’t say I’ve met anyone like you before.”

“Good. I always aim for that response. Being different pleases me.” She says nonchalantly. He grins, “I think we’re gunna get along fine.” She nods agreeing, Oli was an interesting character, he really set the aura for her, he was the first person she talked to in a longer span of five minutes ever since she came to London three months ago.

“Australians are interesting, whats it like down there long term?” he asks, she smiles looking down, her hair fell onto her face again, “Same as here, I mean we drive on the same side of the road right, its just hotter, we do live in satans ass crack.” She jokes, he laughs then doubling over in pain. She looks at him not sure whether to grab his arm for comfort or call for help.

“Do you want a drink?” she asks frantically peering at the glass of water on his bedside table. He nods in a coughing fit, she rushes to the glass and hands it too him. He still didn’t stop, she looks around and finds what she’s looking for.

She presses the assistance button on the side of his bed. Before she could take her hand away from the button dozens of nurses and doctors came in. “He’s in critical condition.” One shouted. Another aided Iris back to her bed. “Is he going to be alright?” She asked sadly at the doctor.

“Don’t worry Ms Jane, he’s just a stranger to you, no need to get attached.” The doctor said before walking away. She was taken aback, but he wasn’t a stranger, not anymore, she could write down a dozen things about him if she wanted. She just hoped that he would be alright.