Status: I'm not going to have time to update much.

Stranger Days

finding grace

The skies had darkened. The strange storm clouds rushing in from the North, following the truck as it raced down the empty highway. Its been six weeks since the infection broke out. Liz, Lance and Andy have been on the road, not stopping, for they feared the infected would catch up to them. Through out the six weeks they had to ditch the old truck due to complecations with the motor. They were lucky though, the highway was litered with abondoned cars. Liz had chosen the big black truck because it seemed easy to drive. Lance thought, and still thinks, she picked it because of the large Batman sticker on the back window. It was true though. She fancied the sticker.

"Its going to rain heavy." Said Andy as he leaned forward inbetween the passenger and drivers seat. "Maybe we should pull over and stay in a motel. I remember Dad bringing us to a motel around here. It wasnt fantastic, but it was more comfy than this car. Dont you think so Lance?"

"No. We need to stay on the roads. We cant risk it." Lance said

"We havent seen a Zombie in two weeks! I'm pretty sure we lost them." Andy said.

"He is right you know." Liz said as she looked from the road to Lance.

"I dont know... What if they're following us still?" Lance asked.

"Ugh. Just grow a pair." Liz said mockingly.

"Fine! But if we end up dying, i'm blaming both of you." He said shaking his fist at them. Liz looked in the back seat at Andy just as he mouthed a 'thank you'.

"So, Andy, tell me about this motel." She said to him.

"It has a swimming pool! It also has about ten rooms, so we each can have a room to our selves!"

"Sounds fun!" Liz said to Andy with a smile.

"Sounds shitty." Lance muttered.

"Well I think its fun." Andy muttered in reply.

"Its the stupidest thing in the world Andy, besides Dad only brought us there because Barbra kicked us out." Lanced said.

"Will you stop calling her Barbra. Her names Mom."

"She lost the right to be called Mom when she left our family for that asshole."

"Shut up! Mom loved us! She didn't mean to leave us!"

"Bull shit!"

"Okay stop it! Both of you!" Liz yelled.

"Shut up Liz, this doesn't involve you!" Lance yelled back.

"Lance, I'm in the car with you guys, I'm involved."

"There it is!" Andy said pointing at the run down motel.

"Great." Lance and Liz said in unison. The motel was small. It had been burnt down, well only half of it was. The other half was painted a dirty blue, the window panes were painted a musky yellow. The sign by the drive way was rusted and falling apart. You could barely make out the words HOWEY'S FAMILY MOTEL. As they turned into the gravel drive way a flutter of pigeons, that were on the porch of the motel, fluttered up into the sky, giving the abandoned motel an eerie feeling.

"Okay, I didn't think it was possible, but this place definitely got shittier than I remember." Lance said.
"More shitty." Liz said still staring at the pigeons in the sky.
"What?"
"Its not shittier, its more shitty. Shittier isn't even a word."
"Since when did you care about grammar?"
"I don't. I just care when you make up a word."
"Well, I don't give a shit about what you think."
They turned their heads back to the motel. Not a sign of a human presence anywhere. Lance put the car in park and got out.
“Be careful guys.” He said.