Status: Still working on this. Will update within a day of the last update until I get to the point I am in the story. (Hopefully.)

The Zeal of Eros

Chapter 11

I headed back to the car and looked back at Coop.

“You need to stop lying to me Coop. I can take the truth.” Coop looked at his chest and hands, probably feeling just as guilty as I have for the past few days.

“Aria, you still don't know my story?” I blinked slightly and parked the car, looking back at him.

“Coop, stop dodging the questions.” Coop sighed softly. I started at him slightly.

“Your father is Zephyrus. A human personification of the West Wind.” I furrowed my eyebrows slightly.

My first thought was, Yeah, right. And I'm the human personification of Aphrodite. But then again, Coop was Cupid. And I couldn't be making fun of his mom, now could I?

“Zephyrus?” Coop nodded, though he seemed more and more fidgety. I unbuckled myself from the front seat.

“Yes. Your father is the West Wind. He was suppose to protect you.” I turned my body towards him in the seat.

“Is that why he was always flustered?” Coop raised an eyebrow. But then his face changed as he had a realization of what I was saying.

“The West Wind is one of the nicer winds, but all winds don't want to be controlled or restrained.” I nodded and slipped into the back seat.

His brows furrowed in confusion, but moved over slightly. His brows furrowed in confusion, but moved over slightly to let me get back there. I slid into the seat next to him, not as gracefully as I had hoped. I knew he was watching me, trying to understand why I joined him in the back seat. And I didn't even have an answer for it.

“Aria?” For a moment, I wasn't in control of my mind and body.

I turned toward him and whispered, “Take your shirt off.”

Still as confused as ever, we were probably both surprised by my request. But he opened up his dark shirt to my request. He popped the buttons off the top and slipped the shirt off his chiseled and athletic torso. The spot on his chest was growing, a hole that was growing darker and eating some of his pecs away and stomach. I bit my lip as I reached forward.

“Aria...” His voice was filled with warning.

I knew I should have just followed his warning and pulled my hand away. But my mind kept telling me to go on.

“Coop, just shut up and let me do things and figure it out on my own.” Coop looked at me with those solemn eyes again.

I gently placed my fingertips on either side of the wound, feeling him shudder and buck against my hands. I looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

“Your hands are cold...” He tried to make an excuse.

I looked into the hole in his chest where he mentioned his soul was deteriorating. I came close to his wound to peer inside until he clasped his hands around my wrist, pulling them away from it. I looked in his eyes, seeing those blue eyes and knowing that if Hera hadn't hexed Psyche, none of this would be happening.

“Coop...” He put both of my hands in one hand, a firm grip, but not something harsh or anything. “What are you...”

He grabbed my chin with his free hand and tilted my head up to kiss me. My eyes bugged in surprise, but he didn't seem to notice. My cheeks started to burn as I couldn't really struggle out of his grip. But he held me in that kiss, though he seemed to be waiting for me to engage.

He didn't make an advance, didn't seem to be among his intentions for me. I closed my eyes and finally kissed him back. He had inhaled sharply and held my chin, pressing gently. I felt my mind start to spin, my heart pumping faster and electricity going through me.

Stop it. I chided myself. He doesn't want you.

I was about to pull myself back when I heard a slight groan, coming from Coop. His hands released me to clutch his chest. He pulled back and I watched as the hole in his chest grew. My eyes widened and I opened the door on his side.

“We need to get Hecate.” Coop grabbed my hand, beads of sweat appearing across his face.

“I'm alright.” His voice continued to crack.

“You are not ok. We need to get you to Hecate. Stop the pain.” Coop shook his head solemnly.

My eyes had started to water. He was getting hurt because of her... No. I couldn't just put the blame on Psyche. It was also me. I gulped slightly. It was my fault that he was hurt and still hurting. I bit my lip as a tear fell and Coop had started to frown.

He buttoned up his shirt and pulled me to his chest. He took a deep breath and rubbed my back to calm me.

“I'm going to be ok, Aria.” I shook my head.

“It's my fault that everyone is falling out of love. It's my fault that you are hurt.” Coop locked his arms around me. I blinked, surprised at his reaction.

“It's not your fault.” I chewed on my lip, about to argue. The looked on his face told me not to. “I'll go to Hecate, but I need you to know that none of this is your fault.”

Then why do I feel that it is? He pulled back slightly to look at me.

“You should go and check on your father.” He opened his door further.

I bit my lip and got out to help him. But he waved me off with a reassuring smile. He staggered toward the hospital doors. I should have just drove him over. How could it be that he was so.... I stopped myself. I knew that I couldn't say anything bad about it. He had give up his powers for me.

And doomed himself. I shook slightly. No matter how much Coop said it wasn't my fault, I couldn't help but feel like it was. I watched his retreating figure and ran after him.

I think I understood why Psyche had fallen in love with Coop 3,000 years ago. I caught up to him and grabbed his hand. He looked down at me in a slight surprise, but he squeezed my hand. I was right to say that Coop had a chance. And I had to keep my word that he would get better.

I'll get your powers back, I promise you.
♠ ♠ ♠
As I noted in the last chapter, this will be my last chapter I put up for a little while until I write more to the story. (I have like another page for this story, but not enough for a chapter to come.) I will however have two other projects I am working on with "The Zeal of Eros." So we'll see how that goes. I will be putting up older stories I have written that I hope you guys will enjoy while you wait on "The Zeal of Eros." and my two other new stories.