Status: when I can

Because I Love You

Excitement

Waiting for two hours in line to get into the venue was pure excitement for Karen. This was the first ever concert she has ever attended and Karen was glad it was a HIM concert. This was the first thing Karen has ever done since that horrific night, two years ago. Shaking her head, Karen told herself that she was not letting those dark and negative thoughts to enter her mind and ruin her night. Before long, at 7 p.m, the line finally started moving and people were starting to enter the venue.

The venue was called The House of Blue in West Hollywood, California. Karen has lived in California for as long as she could remember and had not plans of leaving the beautiful state.

Yet.

Sure, the summers were very unbearable and it hardly rained at all, but Karen was not ready to part from it. Giving the security her ticket for it to be verified, she was givien a wrist band before heading inside. Quickly getting a spot close to the stage, but on a barrier to be able to lean onto if her feet started to hurt. Karen bounced at the balls of her feet and smiled widely, not ashamed to show her excitment. As the minutes passed, the venue slowly, but surely began to fill with a variation of people. Some young, others old, she even saw a seven year old pearches at the top of who she assumed was his fathers shoulders. She smiled at the sight. Before long, the projector screen rose and the stage became clear to see by everyone. She saw a drum set already taking up most of the center stage and thought it was for the opening act.

Karen's assumption was correct when she saw the opening act head onto the stage. They introduced themselves as Anathema. Never heard of them, Karen thought as she took her phone out and looked them up. As they began playing the first song of their set, Karen realized that they were really good. Opening her Pandora account, Karen wrote their name in the search bar and added them to her list. Locking her phone, Karen put it back in her pocket before leaning back onto the wall and listened to the music. Before long, Anathema bid the crowd good night and introduced the next band. The crowd cheered loudly when Linde, Mige, Burton and Gas appeared and headed to their respected instruments. As Gas began playing a beat, the one and only Ville Valo stepped onto the stage. The crowd went wild. Karen herself cheered when she saw the tall Finnish man step onto the stage. He had a hat over his long, curly hair and was wearing a suite coat over a button up shirt and dark pants with dark shoes.

"How are you all doing tonight?" The Finnish man asked the crowd.

Everyone screamed and cheered making the Finnish man chuckle into the mic. Before long, Gas began playing the first song of the night. The crowd sang along to Ville's voice. Swaying to Ville's hypnotic voice, she closed her eyes and let the beat of the instruments pulse through her body in a delicious way. Opening her eyes again, karen gasped lightly seeign green eyes look into her own. At least, that is what she believed. To Karen, it felt as if Ville was looking straight at her before letting his eyes to am back to the crowd. Shaking her head, Karen gathered her hair to one side and began braiding it. With so may bodies in a enclosed place, it was starting to get a bit hot to have her long, faded red hair down. As she looked back at the stage, she realized that Ville had gone off to the side of the stage and Line began a guitar solo.

As the guitar solo went on, she felt someone tap on her shoulder, Karen turned to see that it was one of the security guards.

"Ville would like you backstage" the man said.

Karen looked at him, shocked.

The one and Ville Valo wanted her backstage. Not believing the man, Karen pointed at herself, wanting to make sure that he was talking about her.

Smiling at her shock and confusion, the security guard smiled and nodded at the young woman.

"Wow. Um, OK" Karen said, nodding her head.

The man smiled at Karen once again before gently taking hold of her arm and leading her to the side of the stage. Climbing the stairs to the side stage, Ville had gone back onto the stage and began the next song. The man asked if she wanted something to drink. Asking for a water, the man nodded before going off and finding one for her. Shifting her red over the shoulder bag to her side again, Karen crossed her arms and looked onto the stage.

"This is a pretty rad view,"Karen muttered to herself as her eyes roamed every bandmate. Seeing how much in their element they seemed behind their instruments.

The security guard returned to Karen's side and handed her and ice cold water bottle. Smiling and thanking the man, Karen took the water bottle and opened it before taking a small sip of it. Capping the bottle back up, Karen closed her eyes and hummed and sang along to the lyrics and swayed to the beat.

"Enjoying the show?" A voice asked into her ear.

Letting out a small scream, Karen's eyes snapped open and looked to her right. Standing right beside her in his tall Finnish glory was Ville Valo. He was smiling a small smile and chuckled as she scream.

"Very much," Karen said, a all blush making its way towards her cheeks as she realized Ville was looking straight into her eyes,"this is actually my very first concert."

"You are joking," Ville said, eyes wide a bit.

"Not one bit," Karen said, smiling widely at the man.

"Well I'm glad I took your concert cherry," Ville joked.

Karen had to laugh at his choice of words.

"Same here. You took my concert virginity," Karen joked back.

Ville laughed at what she said, liking the fact that she took no offense to his joking.

"I didn't quite catch your name," Ville said.

"That's because I never said what it was," Karen said, a teasing smile on her full lips," I'm Karen. Karen Cortez."

"Well, Karen Cortez, I'm Ville. Ville Valo," Ville tease.

"Nice to meet you, Ville Valo," Karen smiles, sticking her hand out.

Ville took her hand into his own and brought it to his lips, kissing it and letting his lip linger a bit.

"Well Karen, I will see you back here soon, I must head back," and with a wide smile, Ville gently let her hand go before getting his accustic guitar and headed back onstage and began playing Into The Night.

As Karen sang along to the song, she couldn't ignore the fact that her hand still tingled where Ville kissed. The small kiss on her hand sent a joilt of blissful electricity though her harm and traveled through her whole body.
♠ ♠ ♠
∆∆∆∆