That's How It Is When You're in Love

one hundred and five days

Kevin has just drove off back to his home after dropping me off. Once again, everyone is pestering me where he has gone.

"Where's Kevin?"
"Did Kevin leave?"
"He left so soon!"
"I thought he was going to spend the night again."

We've been in each other's company for two weeks straight. Personal space is good and distances makes the heart grow fonder, so they say. Besides, he had to take his mother to lunch.

My sister nudges me after I reply that yes, he has in fact gone home. Her boyfriend and our dad work away in front of us, attempting to fix her car's broken tail light. It's been like that for weeks and will probably remain broken even after this.

"I wish Austin and I could spend that much time together. That's what it's like when you're in love! So have you said I love you yet?" She's at it again, pestering me about love. A month has pasted since February 14, and I have.

"Yeah, so what? That's not why we're always together." She ignores me.

Their reactions make me nervous about the future when he's no longer around for I am certain we probably won't. When Christmas rolls around again, they'll wonder where he is, just like they do now, but the only answer they'll hear is my fading stomps. I will not know where he is and I will not know how he's doing. Right now I'm not comfortable with the idea of that day coming to be.