Status: In Progress

A World Alone

Chapter Fifteen: Te Amo

Thalia tied her hair up into a ponytail and clapped her hands as she watched the game (Argentina vs Nigeria). It was a pretty laid-back game since both of the teams were already in the 'Big 16' but it didn't mean that neither of the teams were trying to win. The score was currently 1-1, Lionel being the first goalscorer for the game. The game was nearly reaching the first half of the game and it didn't look like any of the teams were going to score anymore goals.

Thalia was sitting with most of the WAGs but mostly stuck to Fernanda, Jorgelina and Lucia. They were warmer to Thalia than any of the other WAGs have been and she really appreciated their support. Fernanda and Javier had two adorable little children, Lola and Alma and Jorgelina and Angel had a baby girl, Mia. Fernanda was busying herself with her two children and Jorgelina was holding Mia. Suddenly, the referee blew his whistle when Lionel came tumbling to the floor.

A Nigerian player had fouled Lionel and Argentina were given the free kick. The Nigerian players lined up to form a line, ready to block Lionel's shot. Leo took a deep breath and stepped back before running forward again, his foot coming in contact with the ball. Everyone watched in stunned silence as the ball flew over the wall of Nigerian players and launched itself into the net. Everyone stood up, chanting 'Messi' over and over again as Leo ran around the pitch, pointing his two fingers at the sky.

He smiled and then stopped when he got to the section where Thalia was sitting before pressing his hand to his lips and pointing at her before forming a heart. Thalia couldn't fight the smile on her face as Jorgelina, Fernanda and Lucia tackled her into a hug. "That was adorable! You guys are so sweet!" Lucia squealed happily, watching as Lionel danced around with a few more of his teammates before the referee signalled half time.

-

Thalia smiled when the referee blew the final whistle. Argentina had won 3-2 with two goals from Lionel and one goal from Marcos Rojo. All the WAGs went down to the room where all the press conferences were going to be held. Lionel was Man Of The Match, so he had a few more interviews. Thalia waved at Javier who was chuckling at her and mouthing 'Leo' as he embraced his daughters. Lucia was already with Gonzalo and the two were getting ready to leave the stadium and Jorgelina and Angel were all set to leave as well.

Eliana and Karina were with their partners, but couldn't stop sneaking glances at Thalia whenever they got the chance. Thalia rolled her eyes and waited for a few more minutes when Leo came outside the dressing room with a huge smile on his face. Thalia grinned and ran over to embrace him, kissing his cheek repeatedly. "That was an amazing game, amor! Congratulations." she giggled. "Gracias, amor. I dedicated that goal to you." Leo smiled happily, his eyes lighting up. Thalia nodded, "I know. Gracias."

-

Lionel chuckled as he checked his Facebook page. Everyone was bursting about the amazing free kick - but even more about who Lionel dedicated the goal to. Everyone was going crazy about 'The King's' mystery woman. Even ESPN wanted to know! The couple were out with a few players from the Argentina NT and basically just having a good time in the hotel lounge.

Thalia was laughing and conversing with some of the other WAGs. Lionel ran a hand through his hair and handed his phone to Javier who nodded understandingly. Lionel held Thalia close to him and pointed at the phone Javier was holding. The two grinned for the picture and Javier handed the phone back to Javier. He studied the picture with a smile on his face. Thalia had a beautiful smile on her face and Lionel was smiling happily as well.

He took to Instagram and posted the picture with the caption: "Gracias for being here with me, amor" and tagged Thalia in the picture. He posted it and within seconds, his photo got a thousand likes. Thalia stared at the picture in amazement and turned to look at her phone, already seeing a few hundred people following her. "Wow, that was quick." Thalia chuckled. Lionel smiled and wrapped his arm around her shoulder, "It is great having you here with me. Gracias, amor."

-

"LIONEL ANDRÉS MESSI! YOU DIDN'T TELL ME YOU HAD A GIRLFRIEND!" Maria Sol Messi screamed down the phone. Lionel chuckled and held the phone away from his ear, "Sorry, Maria. I wanted it to be a surprise." Leo replied. "A surprise? Your girlfriend's absolutely gorgeous. You can't just keep her a secret from me! Oh my gosh, when are you bringing her to Rosario?" she asked. Leo smiled at his little sister's words. He did want to take her to Rosario to meet his family, but first he had to meet hers. Besides seeing Theo over an awkward Skype session, he needed to meet her mother and her father and hopefully her abuelo and abuela.

"Maybe after the World Cup ends, okay? I'll talk to her." Leo replied. "Okay then. Adios, hermano." Maria said. "Adios, Sol. Te amo." he finished, hanging up the phone. It was still 8:30 in Brazil and the city was pretty quiet apart from the loud music from the beach. Thalia was sitting in the balcony, just admiring the view with a smile on her face. Leo put his phone down on the bed and walked towards the balcony, taking a seat next to Thalia.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Lionel asked. Thalia smiled and let out a deep breath, "I'm just glad to be here with you." she replied. Thalia was getting better from the incident and Leo was happy to know that she had almost completely moved on from it. "I'm glad you're here, amor." Leo smiled, wrapping his arms around Thalia as he held her close. "I love you, Thalia." Lionel whispered, pressing his lips to Thalia's temple. "I love you too, Lionel."
♠ ♠ ♠
so sorry for the late update! i had writer's block and i literally couldn't think of anything so obviously this chapter is pretty baddd. i hope to update sooner! x