Status: In Progress

A World Alone

Chapter Two: The Infirmary

-Thalia.
I stared up at the soccer legend with wide eyes, not actually believing that it was Lionel Messi who knocked me over. "Lo siento." he murmured again, helping me up. I was shaking now, not knowing what to say to him. "Hola," I blurted out. "I-I mean, it's fine. It's okay. I'm okay." I rambled in, not knowing when to shut up.

Olivia walked over to us, I took a glance at her face, stifling a giggle when I saw her expression. "Uh...Thalia, your elbow's bleeding." Olivia mumbled, touching her fingers to the cut. "Ow." I whimpered. "I'm so sorry. We should get you cleaned up." Lionel sighed, a frown appearing on his face as he stared at my elbow.

"No, it's okay. I've got some bandages at the hotel..." I trailed off, groaning when I realised that the key card was still lost. "I'll just stay out here and look for the key." Olivia offered with a small smile, her eyes dazzling as she shot me a look that said: 'Lionel Messi is offering to help you, it involves eye contact. Why are you refusing to go with him?'

"Key?" Lionel asked, furrowing his brows, making his features twist up in an adorable manner.

"I misplaced the key to our hotel room and I'm still looking for it." Olivia chuckled nervously. Lionel turned his head and muttered something to the security guards. "I'll help your friend here. The security guards can help you out with the key." Lionel smiled.

"Gee, thanks."

-

I followed after Lionel like a lost puppy. The silence that hung between us was so awkward. He didn't say anything to me yet. "So...what's your name?" he asked me. I looked up at him surprised that he actually wanted to know my name.

Nah, he was probably just trying to make conversation.

"Thalia Morales. You?" I asked stupidly. "I-I mean, I know who you are. You're Lionel Messi. Sorry." I rambled on again, wanting to throw myself off a cliff already. He turned around and chuckled, slowing down his pace so he was walking beside me instead of in front of me.

"You can call me Leo."

I smiled at him, "Okay...Leo."

He pushed open the door to a door that had the words 'ENFERMERÍA' on it in big block letters. A middle aged man was standing in the middle of the room, sorting through some papers.

"Hola, Juan." Leo greeted enthusiastically. He turned towards me and gently took my arm, making me blush. He helped me sit down on one of the chairs and the man, Juan, smiled at me warmly. "Who's this, Leo?"

"This here's Thalia. I accidentally knocked her over outside." Leo murmured in embarrassment, making Juan laugh at the Argentine. "May I see?" Juan asked with a small smile, motioning to my bloody elbow. I nodded, "Sure." I held up my elbow and he checked it over. After washing the wound with cold water, he placed a band aid over it with a small smile.

"Should be fine, Thalia."

I smiled at him and thanked him, "Thank you."

He nodded and I leapt off the small stool. "Gracias, Juan." Leo smiled, giving him a high five before he opened the door for me. I walked out the door, uttering a small 'Gracias'. He followed behind me, walking me back to the main doors of the stadium.

"Listen, I'm really sorry for knocking you over."

I smiled, still starstruck. "I-It's fine. Really. Thanks for taking me to the infirmary and everything." He nodded and stopped walking for a while, his eyes moving to the small band aid on my elbow. He gently touched it with his fingers, making me shiver at his cold fingers.

We got back to the main entrance of the stadium, where Olivia was looking around, her hands in her pockets as she whistled a small tune. "There you are," she smiled. "I found the key."

I was way too lightheaded to ask her where and how she found it, so I just nodded. Lionel still had a small grip on my elbow. She looked at his arm and back at my face, then back at his arm. He let go of my arm quickly and cleared his throat.

"Lo siento again, Thalia," he muttered for the umpteenth time that day. "It's fine, Leo. Really. It was an accident."

He nodded, his chocolate brown eyes burning into mine. "Okay then. I'll see you guys around." he smiled before turning on his heel and walking away.

"What the hell just happened?" Olivia gaped, looking at me with wide eyes.