Status: In Progress

A World Alone

Chapter Twenty-Two: Future

Thalia let out a sigh of relief once she was safe in the car with Theo. She pulled her seatbelt over her chest and started driving.

"What do your think about them?" Theo asked suddenly. Thalia shrugged, "They seem like nice people, I guess. I can't really say." Thalia replied. She was glad that Theo got the closure that he needed. The divorce really took a toll on him, and she was happy that he finally got to see Javier again after all these years.

"Are you going to the wedding?" Theo asked absentmindedly as he gazed outside the car window. Thalia shrugged, "I don't know yet." she murmured. Even though she spent a whole evening with Javier and his new family, it didn't mean she was okay with him all of a sudden. She was still angry about what he did to her mother and their family.

-

After dropping Theo back off at the house, Thalia drove all the way to Leo's hotel. She knocked on the door and he opened the door almost instantly.

He smiled when he saw Thalia and he pulled her in for a hug.

"Hey, how was it?" Leo asked, urging Thalia into the hotel room. Thalia sighed and sat on Leo's bed. "Eh, it was alright." she murmured, playing with Leo's blanket. Leo raised his eyebrow and stood in front of her.

"Are you okay, neña?" Leo asked. Thalia nodded, "Yeah…it's just hard thinking about Javier. He made my mom really happy and he just threw it all away for another woman." Thalia murmured.

Leo frowned and stood up to hug her close to him. "Hey, it's alright. Your mother's got you and Theo. We're all going to be fine." Leo murmured reassuringly before planting a kiss on Thalia's temple.

Thalia smiled at him and hugged him tightly, "I love you." she said before reaching up to kiss him deeply…

-

Leo looked down at Thalia as she slept snuggled up to his side. It was about 2:30 AM and he could've been the only one awake in the whole hotel. His heart ached when he thought about the fact that he would be going back to Barcelona in a few days without Thalia.

He loved her so much and she's made such a big impact on his life even after just 4 months of being together. She was his rock, and he was hers. He didn't want to go back to Barcelona without her and it might've made him sound selfish, but it was the truth.

Were they moving too fast? He didn't want to move too fast and freak her out. He didn't want her to leave him just like Antonella did. But, he knew that he loved Thalia as much as or even more than he loved Antonella and he's only been dating Thalia for a few months.

She made him feel better after the loss to Germany and she always supported him no matter what. He knew that long distance was still an option, but he didn't know how long he'd be able to hang on without seeing Thalia in person and he couldn't keep flying back and forth every weekend, he had matches and training and he knew for a fact that Thalia didn't want to fly back and forth either.

Thalia had to stay here to take care of Theo and their mother and he knew that he couldn't be selfish and keep her to himself but he just couldn't resist asking her. He could picture their future together. He could picture her redecorating his house to make it more homely for her. He could picture her running around the house looking for her earrings. He could picture himself tripping over the shoes that she left lying carelessly on the floor. He wanted that future with her.

He looked back down at Thalia who looked absolutely peaceful when she slept and Leo knew that he wasn't going to let go of her any time soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
so sorry thisi chapter took a hundred years!! this was a pretty crap chapter too :/ i've been so busy and i wish i could write better. i'll post a new chapter as soon as i can! x