Status: In Progress

A World Alone

Chapter Four: Mine

-Thalia.
I smiled and opened the hotel room door for Leo. He smiled at me and gave me a small hug. It's been a few days since he's run into me for the second time and we've hung out a couple of times. Yesterday, he took Olivia and I out to see Barcelona and all its tourist attractions. Of course, Olivia absolutely loved spending the day with one of her favourite players. Leo and I have actually gotten pretty close really fast due to all the things we had in common. The media pegged him as a quiet and shy guy, but he was actually pretty loud and funny if you really got to know him.

"Hola, Lia." he greeted with a small smile, his dimples indenting on both sides of his cheeks. "Hola." I smiled. He walked over to the couch and plopped down, stretching his arms above his head. "How was training?" I asked with a small smile on my face, grabbing two beers and handing one to him. He took a sip and smiled back at me, "It was fine. I'm pumped for tomorrow's game." he grinned. Tomorrow was the game against Levante and it was the final game that Liv and I were going to be watching.

"I'm excited as well," I grinned. "Wanna watch a movie?" I asked.

Olivia was with her cousins again and she wouldn't be back until late so Leo offered to keep me company since I didn't feel like going out alone today.

Leo nodded and I grabbed a few DVDs that I had rented. I showed him all the DVDs and he flipped through them as I made some popcorn. He smiled and picked out 'Frozen' making me giggle madly at him. "What?" he asked, a tiny smile on his face. "I thought you'd pick Catching Fire or something, not Frozen." I laughed. He rolled his eyes at me and I turned the movie on and grabbed the popcorn from the microwave. I sat back down beside him and pulled a blanket over me, making sure that we were both comfortable.

The movie started and I munched on the popcorn, offering some to Leo. Halfway through the movie, my eyes got heavy just as Anna, Kristoff, Sven and Olaf reached Elsa's palace. I took a deep breath, trying to keep my eyes open.

-Lionel.
I munched on some popcorn and turned to look at Thalia and smiled when I saw her eyes closed as she slept peacefully. She was leaning to the left and I knew that when she woke up she would feel slight discomfort so I slowly put my arm around her and carefully tilted her head back so it was resting on my shoulder. She shifted a little bit and turned so her arms were wrapped around me. I was tense for a while before relaxing in her grip, smiling and braiding my fingers through her light brown hair.

I looked down at her and I thought about how we had first met. Two weeks ago, right after the match against Atletico. Then about a week ago when we met again and I asked her for her number. I didn't know what it was, but something was pulling me to Thalia. She was different from other girls. She was…she was unique. She didn't want to take a thousand pictures with me and post all of them on Instagram like the other girls I often hung out with. She didn't Tweet every single thing she was doing with me. She had this glow about her when she laughed or when she talked about something or someone she loved. She had a close bond with her family. She was a culé but she didn't talk about it much, knowing that I wasn't just a football player and I had a life outside of Barça.

The door opened and it closed rather loudly, making Thalia jump and sit up. Olivia stood by the door, looking guiltily at the two of us. "I'm sorry!" she yelped before running off to her room.

Thalia cleared her throat and ran a hand through her hair. "Sorry, Leo. I didn't get much sleep last night." she muttered, her cheeks red in embarrassment. "It's fine." I replied.

We watched the rest of the movie in silence and before the both of us knew it, it was already 4:23 PM. I stood up and stretched my arms, "Wanna grab something to eat?" I asked.

She nodded, "Starving." she mumbled even though the two of us just had a bowl of popcorn. "I'm gonna get changed, hold on." she murmured, throwing the blanket off her and running off to her room.

I chuckled at her and sat back down on the couch when Olivia slid in beside me. "Do you like her?" she bluntly asked, a huge smile on her face. I looked at Thalia's best friend with wide eyes. "I don't know."

"Don't lie, Messi," Liv threatened, a small smile on her face. "I have three younger brothers and they're all annoying. I know when people are lying and when they're telling the truth."

I sighed, running a hand through my hair. "I don't know, maybe…"

Our short conversation was interrupted when Thalia walked back into the room. "Ready?" she asked me. I nodded and stood up, giving a small look to Olivia who smirked back at me. I opened the door for Thalia and the both of us left the hotel.

-Thalia.
"Thanks." I smiled at Leo who had paid the bill. I was beyond full and all I wanted to do was go home, curl up in my bed and sleep. It's funny how just three weeks ago, if someone told me that I would become Lionel Messi's friend, I would be rolling around on the floor laughing my head off. But now?

We exited the small diner together and we walked quietly beside each other when a kid ran up to him. He looked about five or six years old and he was beyond adorable. "Mr. Messi?" he said, making me swoon. He had big brown eyes and he looked very shy to be talking to Leo.

"Hey, little man. What's up?" Leo replied with a small smile, resting his hand on the little boy's shoulder. "Can I have your autograph?"

I looked around and saw the boy's mother with a small smile, holding a camera in her hands. "Of course." Leo replied, making me smile. I walked behind the boy's mother, watching as Leo kneeled down so he was at the same level as the boy and grinned, holding his thumb up.

I took a deep breath, my heart warming at the sight of Leo with kids. What was wrong with me? What were these feelings? I met Leo two weeks ago and this is what happens? I took a few deep breaths and wiped my palms on my jeans, suddenly feeling queasy. Leo said a few more words to the little boy who laughed loudly at something Leo said, and his mother turned towards me. "You guys are an adorable couple." she smiled. "Oh, we're not a couple." I smiled. "Lo siento," she apologised, "But it would be great if you were."

The little boy ran back to his mother and Leo smiled at me as the woman's words echoed in my head.

We walked back to the hotel and he walked me back up to the room in complete silence. "Well, this is me. I'll see you tomorrow, okay?" I smiled.

-Lionel.
"Well, this is me. I'll see you tomorrow, okay?" Thalia whispered with a small smile on her face. Just as she was about to walk into the hotel room, I pulled her hand and brought her into a long hug. I wrapped my arms around her and she did the same, her face fitting into the crook of my neck.

Now or never, right?

I pulled back from the embrace a little and ducked my head down and pressed my lips to hers. She didn't kiss back for a while and I considered pulling away and avoiding her for the rest of my life when I felt her wrap her arms tight around me, kissing me back.

The both of us smiled as we kissed, not wanting to let go of each other. I felt so many emotions run through me as we kissed. The both of us pulled away and I rested my forehead against hers.

-Thalia.
"My jersey. Tomorrow." Lionel murmured, his forehead still pressed against mine. That kiss left me breathless and it left me wanting more.

"I think I'll wear Pedro's jersey tomorrow." I teased with a small smile on my face, making Leo glare at me. "No, mine." he said, emphasising it. "Or maybe Alexis'." I joked.

"Don't even try." Leo chuckled, pressing another kiss to my lips before pulling away completely. "I'll see you tomorrow."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for all the POV switches! I wanted to describe this chapter in both their point of views :)