Status: In Progress

A World Alone

Chapter Seven: First Fights

-Thalia.
I groaned and grabbed a tissue from the table before sneezing into it. I had three days left in Barcelona and I just HAD to get sick today. I spent all day in bed and Olivia spent half the day taking care of me. She made plans with her cousins and their friends but decided to stay when I yelled at her to go out. After training, Leo came by and stayed for a few hours but then he had to leave again since he had a team dinner. I sighed and looked at the clock that read 9:37 PM.

I decided to just go to sleep and maybe I'd feel better by tomorrow. I closed my eyes and started drifting off to sleep when somebody ran into the room. I jumped awake and looked at the door startled to see Leo there. "Leo? How did you get in here?" I asked with wide eyes. He took out a key card, "The receptionist is a Barça fan." he replied.

He moved over to sit on my bed and pressed his hand to my forehead, "You're burning up." he murmured with a small frown. "I'm fine." I replied, moving aside to let him under the covers as well. He took off his jacket and slid in under the blanket.

"Why are you here? I thought you said team dinners last until midnight." I murmured. He shrugged and wrapped his arm around me, "I wanted to check up on you. And Gerard was telling the same joke a thousand times anyway, I got bored." he chuckled. I smiled and closed my eyes, nestling further into his chest.

We were avoiding the fact that I was leaving in three days and we haven't talked about what we were going to do about it even though Shakira's advice really helped me. I took a deep breath and rubbed my eyes before shifting and turning away from him. I didn't want to let him go, and he knew that. I hope he didn't want to let me go either.

-Leo.
Thalia's breathing got slower as she slept. I sighed and ran a hand through my dark brown hair. I didn't know what to do. I was always busy with Barca and with the World Cup coming, I wasn't sure if I had time for Thalia anymore.

I wanted this to last but our schedules were never working. I turned to look at her, she looked so peaceful when she was asleep. She looked so fragile and it was my job to make sure nothing would happen to her. But how could I protect her when we're 6,500 miles apart?

-Thalia.
I woke up and stretched my arms above my head and accidentally hit Leo in the face. "Leo! I'm so sorry. I forgot you spent the night." I murmured, pulling back the blankets so I could look at him. He groaned and rubbed his forehead, "It's fine." he chuckled. He sat up and rubbed his eyes before swinging his legs over the bed.

"I'm going to go home and I'll come back here. Wanna have breakfast?" he asked, pulling on his jacket. I nodded and he leaned over and pecked my cheek before leaving the room. A few minutes later, Olivia opened the door and sat on my bed. "I'm never going to get used to Lionel Messi casually saying 'Hey, Olivia. I'll be back later' to me." she sighed. I chuckled and got off the bed, "I'll never get used to him sleeping in my best friend's room either." she added, giving me a small glare.

I shrugged and opened up the wardrobe that had all my clothes in it, "Are you feeling better?" Olivia asked. I nodded and rubbed my hand up and down my arms, "I can't believe we're going home in two days." I sighed, turning to look at my best friend. Olivia frowned, "Yeah. But we're going to come back, right? Soon." she smiled reassuringly.

"What am I going to do about Leo?" I whimpered, sitting down beside her. She shrugged, "Go long distance. It'll be fine, I promise." she smiled, resting her hand on my shoulder.
-
Leo held on to my hand as we walked back up to my hotel room. He was still wearing a disguise and I wondered if he could get sunburnt from wearing a scarf, sunglasses and a hat under the scorching sun.

I unlocked the door and we both walked in. He took off his hat, sunglasses and his scarf and ran a hand through his hair. I smiled at him and he sat down on the sofa, "Um, I was thinking about something." he muttered.

"What?" I asked, sitting beside him. "Maybe you could stay here for a little while longer? I'll pay for everything. You don't need to worry about anything." he murmured. I raised my eyebrows, not expecting him to offer me that. I knew I couldn't stay, I had to go home to my family and to my job. My brother was so excited that I was finally coming home and I couldn't wait to see him either though it meant I had to leave Leo.

"Leo…you know I can't," I frowned. "Why not?" he asked, his lips dropping to a thin line. "I have a family back home…and a job. I can't just leave them behind." I replied, pushing myself off the couch and standing up to face him. He stood up as well, "But it's just for a few days. I'm sure your family will understand." he said, starting to raise his voice.

"No! They won't. Leo, don't just think of yourself here." I shrieked. He fisted his hair and growled, "Fine. Whatever. I'll see you in two days." he said in a low voice, grabbing his stuff and storming out the hotel room. I groaned loudly and sat down on the bed. Why was he being so difficult? He was fine with the fact that I was going home until today.

I sat on that couch for at least twenty minutes just thinking about all the endless possibilities. We could be breaking up tonight, I would never see him ever again. I pressed my hands to my eyes and just let the tears flow down my cheeks. I had to make this right. I grabbed my phone and ran outside the hotel room, ready to talk to Leo.

As I opened the door, I nearly lost it when I saw Leo sitting by the door, looking up at me. He quickly stood up and pulled me into his arms. "Who am I kidding? I can't even be without you for two minutes."
♠ ♠ ♠
x