Paradisiacal

1

The five teens poured in the small car, their slurred speech and wobbly legs indicated that they were intoxicated. A male was the driver, his deep voice singing out the song that blasted from the radio. One girl sat up front, beside him. Her hands were entwined within his. Giggles emitted from the backseat, where another girl sat, in between two boys. The boys were playing with her, fooling around. They were all having such a great time. But it all changed in a heartbeat.

The driver, who wasn't paying attention, swerved the old Nissan right by accident. The already beat up car, which was on a bridge that crossed over a backroad, was thrown off it's course. Nearby residences claimed they heard the screams of terror as the five plunged. The right side of the car hit the ground first. It bent like weak aluminum from the impact. The girl in the passenger's seat was missing her legs, which were torn off violently in the crash. Her head lolled off to the side, dark blood streaming from her open lips.

The driver was in no better condition. His right arm was angled unnaturally behind his back. Blood covered rib bones protruded from his chest, which was splattered with blood as well. The three in the back were just like him. The boy on the far right had his neck twisted in such a peculiar direction appeared to be putty. The girl that had once so innocently sat in the middle was thrown around, her face slammed into the door. The boy on the left was just still. There were only cuts on him, nothing else.

The girl in the passenger seat was dead. She was the only one who lost her life that night. Paramedics came to the scene an hour or so later, barely being able to save the four who remained. They all were in comas, and this was just the beginning.