Life of Luxury

Chapter Ten

“So what is this family thing?” Tyler asked as he looked next to me.

We had left the living room and were now lying on his bed in his room, that where the TV was, I still didn’t understand why he didn’t have one in the living room. I was on my back looking at the ceiling and Tyler was on his side next to me, “Just like a family reunion- I’m gunna need you to help me not lose my mind.”

“Yeah, they’re kind of jealous,” I said and looked at him and then at the ceiling, “After- Um, never mind.”

“This that famous secret that no one wants to tell me?” he asked and I looked at him.

“Who’d you talk to?” I asked, leaning on my elbows.

“Uh, Brittany, Colin and Drake,” he answered and I sighed and laid back on the bed, “What’s so wrong with this secret? You don’t trust me?”

“It’s not that,” I said and sighed, “It’s just-“

“It’s just you don’t trust me,” he said and I looked at him to see a little bit of hurt on his face, “What are you afraid of?”

“Betrayal,” I said and he looked at me confused, “I’ve had too much of it in my life, I don’t want or need any more of it.”

“How bad is this secret? Are you like a mafia person? Drug lord or something?” he asked and I giggled, “The po-po after you? Are you a bad girl?”

“Shut up, Tyler,” I laughed and Tyler chuckled.

“So tell me the secret,” he said and I sighed, “Come on, look at this face,” I looked at him, “Is this not the face of an honest person?” I snorted and shook my head, “Come on, Hales!”

“All right!” I caved and looked at him. I sighed and looked down and then leaned back on the pillow and looked at the ceiling.

“You’ll tell me?” he asked and I nodded my head, “Awesome!”

“Just- Just don’t tell anyone,” I sighed, “Freddy fine, but no one else!”

“All right,” he said quietly and I sighed, sat up and turned towards him, crossing my legs and looked at Tyler to see that he had his back leaning against the headstand, “So what’s this big secret?”

“On how I’m able to own everything that I own? Why my family is jealous of me? Why I lost a lot of people in my life?” I asked and Tyler looked at me and nodded his head, “Because two years ago I got lucky and won the lottery.”

He just stared at me for a minute, “The lottery?” he asked and I nodded my head, “Two years ago?” he asked and I nodded my head, “You were twenty?”

“Yes!” I yelled and groaned, “I was twenty and won the lottery.”

“How much was it worth?” he asked and I sighed.

“A lot,” I said and he smirked.

“Like how much?” he chuckled.

“Like six hundred fourteen point thee million dollars,” I answered and his eyes widened, “I was the sole winner of it- I got lucky and a lot of people don’t like me now.”

“They’re just pissed off because they probably didn’t get any money,” Tyler said and I sighed and nodded my head, “So that’s the big secret? That’s what you were afraid to tell me? You won the lottery?”

“Yeah,” I said and he chuckled, “What?”

“That’s stupid,” he said and I looked at him confused, “I mean that your family and friends are jealous!”

“Oh, yeah, I could have told you that,” I said and sighed, “I got the hell out and move into here within a few days of winning the money. I bought a new car, my bike, donated money to charities; I even give money to my parents once a month.”

“What? How much?” he asked surprised.

“A grand,” I sighed.

“So you pretty much pay your parents to leave you alone?” Tyler chuckled and I rolled my eyes and nodded my head, “So what happened with ex?”

“Chet?” I asked and he nodded his head, “Oh,” I sighed, “There are two type of people that I’ve come across.”

“Oh yeah?” he asked and I nodded my head.

“When it comes to dating a guy,” I sighed, “I either chase them away with my personality, or my money.”

“But, I thought you didn’t chase the ex away,” he said and I nodded my head.

“Or there’s Chet, who wasn’t afraid of both, he was actually worse,” I rolled my eyes and shook my head; “He took advantage of me and wanted my money, that’s one of the reasons why he stayed with me.”

“Only one?” Tyler asked.

“The sex was pretty intense,” I said and Tyler rolled his eyes, “Serious, he’s a cowboy, so he liked to-“

“OK!!! Seriously don’t want to hear it,” Tyler yelled and I giggled, “So he used you for sex and money?”

“Basically,” I said and then groaned and went face first into the pillow and heard Tyler chuckle, “And I’m the idiot who let it go on for almost seven months.”

“You’re not an idiot,” he said and I peeked an eye at him, “A weirdo, but not an idiot.”

“Thanks,” I said and he smirked towards me, “You’re not so much an idiot,” I giggled and Tyler laughed and playfully pushed me and then knelt up and started to poke my sides, “Stop!” I laughed and Tyler smirked and laid on his stomach next to me, chuckling.

“Hales,” he said and I looked at him, surprised to see a serious look on his face, “For the record,” he said and I turned onto my side and looked at him, “I oddly like your personality, so you’re not scaring me away,” he said and I looked at him, “And I have all the money I could want, plus with more on the way from my endorsement deals- So, you’re not going to scare me away for that either,” I gave a small smile, and looked at him, jumping a little when I felt his hand cup the side of my face, “You don’t need to worry about being betrayed, at least not around me- Or Freddy, he doesn’t care about money, the bastard steals mine,” he said and I giggled and nodded my head.

“Thanks, Tyler,” I said and he smirked and nodded his head, ‘…He’s different, where did this sweet side come from?...’

-Tyler-
“What the hell am I supposed to where to this stupid thing?!” I yelled to Freddy, who was sitting in his room as I looked at all the clothes in my clothes.

“I don’t know, dude,” Freddy said and looked at me, “What are you even going for?”

“I want to,” I said and Freddy smirked.

“Dude, are you just doing this to get into her pants?” he asked and I smirked.

“Well, it wouldn’t help, but it’s not the main reason,” I said and he snickered, “She’s a cool girl and her family apparently pisses her off and according to her, I’ll be helping her stay out of jail.”

“It was pretty awkward at her place yesterday,” Freddy said and I sighed, “Britt and I high tailed it out of there when her mom walked into the room, felt bad for leavin’ Hales, but- It was fuckin’ awkward.”

“Yeah, I’ve got a feeling it’ll be like that today too,” I said and then sighed, “Go fuckin’ get her, I don’t know what to wear.”

“Dude, you’re a fuckin’ girl!” Freddy yelled and then left my room and disappeared.

Freddy returned with an angry Haley stomping into the room. I looked towards Freddy and saw his eyes widened and an awkward look on his face. He looked at me and shook his head and circled his finger around his ear, motioning for ‘crazy’. I mouthed ‘who’ and he mouthed ‘parents’, ‘…Oh boy…’ I thought and looked towards Haley, she was sitting on the end of my bed her knees up to her chest and she looked sad. I walked over towards my door and closed it, hearing Freddy groan and I looked at Haley, “You all right?”

“My mom’s a bitch,” she growled and I chuckled and walked over towards her, sitting next to her on the bed, “She fuckin’ was like, ’You shouldn’t bring your boyfriend because you know your cousins are going to bitch’” she interpreted and I looked at her.

“Boyfriend?” I snickered and she shot me a glare and I shut up.

“Just another god damn thing for my family to be jealous about,” she growled and shook her head.

“What? That your dating me?” I smiled brightly and she looked at me and I saw a little smirk.

“We are not dating, you’re going to keep me sane and maybe to show off my friendship a little,” she said and I snorted.

“Great, so I’m just like a trophy husband?” I asked and Haley giggled.

“From friendship to boyfriend to husband all in less than five minutes, wow this relationship moved fast,” she giggled and I smirked and pulled her in for a hug.

“It’s gunna be ok, Hales,” I said and she sighed and leaned her head on my chest.

“I’m going to warn you, there are going to be people crying, screaming, and may or may not be having a few punches thrown,” she said and I chuckled.

“So basically a hockey game,” I said and she giggled.

“Yeah, sure.”