Life of Luxury

Chapter Sixteen

“Fuck, fuck, fuck,” I grumbled and threw my head back to groan, “Drake! What the hell were you doing? You just let me get a touchdown!”

“Sorry, was a little distracted,” he said and I sighed.

“With what?” I asked and looked at him sitting next to me on the couch, but then saw my front door opened and Tyler and his friends peeking in.

“Yeah, them,” he said and I smirked and shook my head.

“Why are you acting like you just don’t walk right it, Seguin?” I asked and Tyler smirked and walked in with his friends behind him, “Never had this many Canadians in my home before.”

“We bring the party,” the one friend, Trevor, I think, said.

“Nice place,” Derek said and I smirked.

“Yeah, she’s got sports shit everywhere,” Freddy said and then plopped on the one side of the couch.

“What are we playing?” another friend said and plopped down next to Drake.

“NFL,” Drake answered and Tyler took his usual seat next to me while everyone else got themselves comfortable, “But I’m getting bored with it.”

“Same,” I said and then placed my paddle on the table and kicked my feet up, “So what can I do for your boys?”

“Segs here says that you’re a lot of fun,” Derek said and I giggled.

“Depends on what kind of fun you want to have,” I smirked and he wiggled his eye brows and smiled brightly, the guys laughed.

“So Haley,” I turned my head and saw the friend called Brandon, “Can I call you Haley?”

“That was the name that I was given when I was born,” I said and the guys snickered.

“So, what are you and my boy?” he asked and I looked at him confused, “Fuck buddies, besties, part-“

“Ok, B, you’re getting’ creepy,” Tyler chuckled and I smirked and rolled my eyes, “We’re friends.”

‘…Friends?...’ I thought and looked at Tyler, he wasn’t looking at me.

“You spend the night and your just friends,” Drake teased and the guys snickered.

“Ooooooh, so you’re fuck buddies,” Brandon said and I rolled my eyes.

“Nothing happened,” I said and Drake chuckled.

“So that’s where you went!” Freddy yelled and I looked at him to see him smirking.

“Can you blame me? You and Brittany were fuckin’ all night!” Tyler yelled and the guys laughed and high fived Freddy.

“So are you coming to the game tomorrow night?” Trevor asked.

“Yeah, I’ll be there,” I smiled.

“Awesome, at least there will be a girl there!” Nick said and I giggled.

“My friend Brittany will be there too,” I said and they chuckled.

-Tyler-
I was in my locker room getting ready for the game tonight against the Panthers. It was our second preseason game, first game that Haley was watching. I heard some of my new teammates laughing and looked up to see them looking at my teammate Antoine Roussel.

“What’s she like?” Jamie Benn asked and I listened in.

“I only meet for few minutes, we bump into each other, she pretty hot, has tattoos and drive motorcycle,” Roussel said and I looked at him, recognizing the description he was giving.

“What’s her name and when are you ’bumping’ into her again?” Kari Lehtonen asked, a smirk on his face.

“Her name Haley and she just say next time I go to coffee shop,” he said and my head snapped up towards him.

‘…Haley? My Haley?...’ I thought and then looked down, ‘…My Haley?...’ I thought again, wondering why I was referring to her as ‘mine’.

“Man, Toni! You didn’t get her number?” Jamie laughed.

“No, she play hard to get,” he laughed, “No woman resist the voice of love,” he sold and I scoffed and shook my head.

‘…Has to be a different Haley…’ I thought, but then looked down and thought about everything he had said, ‘…Did Haley meet a teammate and didn’t tell me?...’

Once I got dressed, Coach came in and told us to head out onto the ice and warm up. I had placed my boys and Haley and Brittany in one of the suites because I needed a place for Derek to feel comfortable, he was a good friend of mine.

-Haley-
I smiled when the game ended and the Stars had won in a shootout. Tyler didn’t do much tonight, just assisted in his Captain’s goal, I was still happy for him. By the end of the game, we all waited in the suite for Tyler, I was sitting on the couch with Brittany and Freddy, my legs propped up onto her lap and my back on the arm rest. I was so bored that I was looking at the ceiling and counting the blocks.

“What are you doing?” I heard and then saw Tyler’s friend, Trevor’s face appear in front of me.

“Counting,” I said and he chuckled.

“Counting what?” he smirked and I pointed towards the ceiling, “The blocks?”

“Yup,” I said, popping the ‘p’ and then sighing, “Tyler likes to take his sweet ass time.”

“It’s the hair, he’s got to have it perfect,” Derek teased and I smirked and shook my head.

“Why? He’s just gunna go to the club and get it messed up from fuckin’ a girl in a bathroom,” one of the boys said and I snapped my head over towards them, “Freddy! Did he pick where we’re going tonight?”

“Pretty sure,” he said and I looked towards Derek, he said looking at his phone.

‘…How is he going to get into a club?...’ I thought and then sighed.

“Hales, you comin’ out with us?” Freddy asked and I looked at him.

“Um, not sure,” I said and the guys whined.

“Why not?!”

‘…Because I don’t need to see Tyler hooking up with some slut in the bathroom…’ I thought, wanting to say it, but didn’t, “Um, just not really feeling up to it,” I said and felt my phone buzz in my hand, I looked and saw it was a text from Tyler, he was asking me to come downstairs, “Um, how do I get downstairs?”

“You drink that red bull right there,” Freddy pointed towards the can on the bar, I looked at him confused, “You go over towards that balcony,” he pointed towards the balcony, “And you fly down.”

“You’re an ass,” I laughed and the guys snickered and Brittany smirked, “Really though?”

“Not entirely sure,” he said and I sighed and stood up.

“Time for an adventure,” I said and the guys chuckled, “I’m being summoned.”

“Huh?” Brittany asked and I held out my phone.

“He wants me to come down,” I said and she smirked and nodded her head.

“Sex in the locker room, hot!” one of the yells yelled and I rolled my eyes.

“Fuck off!”

“Make sure he wears a condom!”

“Shut up!” I yelled and heard them laugh as I walked out of the suite, smirking and shaking my head, knowing that my face was red from embarrassment. I saw a security guard by the elevator and walked over towards him, “Uh, hi, uh, how do I get to the locker room?”

“You Haley Connolly?” he asked and I nodded my head, “Take this elevator and hit ‘B’, turn right, go down the hall and then turn left, you’ll see the door.”

“Thanks,” I said and he pressed the button to call the elevator. I rode the elevator to the bottom floor and then followed the directions, finding myself in front of the locker room door, ‘…What now?...’ I thought and then texted him saying that I was outside.

Soon the door opened and a smirking Tyler stepped out, “Hey,” he said and I smiled and saw him half way dressed in his suit, “Come in,” he said and I looked at him surprised, “It’s safe, come on.”

“All right,” I said and he pulled me in and I saw some of his teammates finishing up on putting their suits on and I had a mini fan girl moment.

Tyler and I managed to get to his stall before we heard the start of the chirping from his teammates, wondering why I was here, “Relax guys, she’s just a friend,” Tyler chuckled, tying his shoes.

‘…There’s that word again…’ I thought and looked down at my phone awkwardly.

“Haley?” I heard and turned my head at the sound of my name and my eyes widened, “I thought it you?”

“Antoine?” I smiled and then it clicked, “Oh my god!” I felt really stupid that I didn’t realize that the guy that I bumped into at the coffee shop was Antoine Roussel, “Hi!”

“What you doing here?” he smiled and pulled me into a hug.

‘...Fuck, he even smells good…’ I thought and backed up, nudging my head towards Tyler, “He’s a buddy of mine.”

“Segs? Why you know tell me that you know Haley?” Antoine smirked and playfully shoved Tyler.

“Honestly dude, didn’t know you and I knew the same girl,” Tyler laughed awkwardly and I looked back and forth at the two of them.

‘…They talk about me in the locker room?...’ I thought and didn’t know whether to be flattered or I have no idea, I was just confused.

“So this is the chick that you bumped into?” I heard and looked to my side, biting back a smile when Stars Captain, Jamie Benn came over and threw his arm around Antoine’s shoulder, “And this is that hot neighbor chick that you’re always talkin’ about?” he looked me up and down and smirked, “Nice to finally meet you!”

“I wasn’t aware that I was locker room talk,” I said and looked towards Tyler to see his face was red and saw the same on Antoine’s face.

“Awww, they’re blushing!” a player yelled and I giggled.

‘…They’re not gunna ever live this down…’ I thought and shook hands with Jamie, ‘…Not by me or their teammates…’