Life of Luxury

Chapter Twenty

-Haley-
I walked into my living room and saw Freddy and the others; I couldn’t believe that they were still here. They were all crowded on the couch; Freddy and Trevor were playing NHL ’13 while the others watched. I didn’t see Tyler in the room; I figure we were going to avoid each other now.

“Ya know, Freddy,” I said as I walked over towards them, “Imma get you your own system for Christmas, that way you’ll stop usin’ MINE,” I said and the guys laughed.

“Come on, Hales, you know you’ve got the fun place,” Freddy said and I smirked and shook my head.

“Are you guys in town to see your friend?” I asked and they looked at me.

“He’s sleeping,” they said and I sighed.

“Wonder why?” I muttered and Brittany looked at me, I rolled my eyes and walked out onto the patio and leaned against the banister. I sighed and looked at the city of Dallas, soaking in the sight, ‘…Everything happened so fast, now it’s disappearing just as fast…’

“Haley,” I heard and turned to see Derek wheeling over, “Are you all right?” I gave him a small smile and nodded my head, he just gave me a hard look and I sighed and shook my head, “You want to talk about it?”

“Not really, but thank you,” I said and smiled towards him.

“I know it’s about Segs,” he said and I just looked at him, “I’m not stupid, I know you both have a thing for each other, he wouldn’t have ran to your room yesterday morning after Freddy told him you had a date if he didn’t have something for you.”

“He asked me not to go on the date,” I said and then plopped on the chair and sighed, “I should have listened; I honestly don’t know why I went.”

“Do you like this Mr. French?” Derek asked and I smirked.

“He’s cute, but not like that,” I said and Derek nodded his head, “And don’t ask me how I like Tyler- Because I have no clue.”

“I think Segs just thinks that girls are attracted to him for his looks, he lets that get to him and it’s hard for him to accept a relationship,” Derek said and I frowned, “Haley, he likes you.”

“Then why did he kiss that girl at the bar? Why did he sleep with that girl? Why did he only refer to me as a friend when- when,” I sighed and shook my head.

“I never said he was smart,” Derek said and I laughed a little and felt Derek take my hand, “I’ve known Segs a long time, he’s always been an idiot when it comes to relationships,” I gave a small smile towards Derek, “Are you going to stay with Mr. French?”

“His name’s Antoine,” I smirked, “And no, I don’t think so, it’s not fair for him if I stay with him just because I’m mad at Tyler.”

“See you, you are smart with relationships,” he said and I laughed.

“Don’t say that, Brittany’s that one who told me to just be friends with Antoine,” I said and then sighed and leaned forwards, “When do you guys go home?”

“Tomorrow,” he said and I nodded my head, “Ya know, Segs leaves at noon to head to San Antonio, he’s got a game tonight and then right after they head to St. Louis and then Denver, he won’t be back until next Friday,” I frowned and nodded my head, “You might want to do something- Say something to him before he leaves.”

-Tyler-
I stretched and looked around my apartment to see that no one was there; I didn’t need to think twice about them being over at Haley’s. I was angry at her for going on that date last night with my teammate, I had asked her, begged her not to, told her I wanted to be with her, she shot me down and left, she went on a date with him and I was nervous to hear how it went.

I walked towards my balcony, opened the door, wanting to get some air, I needed to head to the rink in about an hour, leaving for San Antonio at noon. As I opened the door, I heard voices and stopped.

“His name’s Antoine,” I snapped my head in the direction of the voice, I knew it to be Haley’s, “And no, I don’t think do, it’s not fair for him if I stay with him just because I’m mad at Tyler.”

I smiled, ‘…So the date went badly! I still have chance!...’ I listened to Derek tell her that I was going to be gone for a week and I would be leaving soon so she should say something before I left. I smiled and slowly closed the screen door, hearing her say that she would do it now, ‘…How do I handle this?...’ I looked around, ‘…Where do I sit?...’ I looked down, I’m in my boxers, ‘…Bedroom, go to the bedroom…’ I ran through the living room, jumping over the couch and heading into the hallway right as I heard the front door opening. I ran into my room, slowly closed the door and did a dive bomb into the bed, sprawling out like I was asleep. I heard the bedroom door creak open, ‘…This is it! Come on, Haley!...’

I felt the dip in the bed, but I didn’t move, I didn’t feel any movement after that, but I could feel her eyes on me, I was facing away from her, my eyes were opened, but I knew that she couldn’t see. I heard her sigh and then move, I didn’t know what she was doing, but I closed my eyes, my heart was pounding, but I still didn’t move, I felt her lips on my temple, “Have a safe trip, Tyler.”

I felt her weight lift off of the bed and when I heard the door close, that’s when I moved. I jumped out of the bed and saw that she wasn’t there. I walked over towards the door, I was going to go after her, I should have gone after her. I sighed and hit my head against the door, closed my eyes, clenched my fist and hitting the wall, “Haley.”

-Haley-
“Did you do it?” Brittany asked as I walked back into my place, I looked at her and then just turned my head and headed towards my room. I didn’t want to talk, “Haley?”

I walked into my room, closed the door and sighed, I don’t know what happened, when I walked into his room and saw him asleep, I just couldn’t do it, I couldn’t wake him up and tell him that I was pissed at him for being with those girls, that I was stupid for going on a date with Antoine, that none of this would had happened if would have just told his stupid friends that we were more than friends.

I growled in frustration and then collapsed onto my bed and stared up at the ceiling, ‘…When did everything get so confusing?...’ I sighed and then looked at the clock and saw that it was almost eleven; Tyler would be leaving in an hour. I grabbed my phone and bit my lip as I sent a text to Antoine saying that I wanted to see him before he left. He replied quickly saying that he was heading towards the rink soon, saying to meet him there, ‘…Is this the best idea? To do this before a game?...’

I sighed and changed into shorts and a black V-neck, I threw my converses on and then walked out of my room. I saw everyone in the living room looking at me as I grabbed my helmet, my keys and headed out the door. I heard Brittany yell my name, but I ignored it and headed for the elevator. I was inside the elevator was I heard my front door opened and my name was yelled again.

I made it down to my bike, started it and then headed out, driving towards the rink to tell Antoine good luck on his trip, I had fun with him the day before, but I just wanted to be friends.

-Tyler-
I was dressed and ready to get on the road, my suitcase was packed and by the door, I was getting ready to leave. I was in the kitchen getting a drink when I heard a door slam close and then open again and Haley’s name was yelled. My head snapped up and I ran to the door and opened it to see Brittany in the hallway, she looked at me and then sighed.

“What’s happening?” I asked and then saw the guys appear in her doorway.

“Where’d she go?” Freddy asked and Brittany shook her head, “Did she talk to you, Segs?”

“Haley?” I asked and he nodded his head, “No,” I frowned and turned around to head back into the condo when Brittany yelled my name.

“Go after her you idiot!” she yelled and I looked at her, “She went over this morning to say she was sorry! Even after we saw that girl sneak out of your place this morning,” Brittany growled and I flinched.

“Segs, man I know you like her,” Derek said and I looked at him, “She likes you too, so go fuckin’ after her!”

“Where’d she go?” I asked.

“I don’t know, she just took off,” Brittany said and I sighed and threw my hands in the air.

“How the hell am I supposed to go after her?! I don’t know where she went and I have to leave in a half hour!” I yelled and Brittany went to come at me, she glared at me but Freddy grabbed her and held her against him.

“Tyler Seguin if you hurt my friend, so help me God, I’ll cut your dick off!” Brittany growled and I just looked at her.

-Haley-
“Hey! There’s you are,” I heard and smiled towards Antoine as he walked over towards me, I was leaning against my bike, “How are you? Considering that you left me twelve hours ago,” he chuckled and I smirked.

“I’m fine, I ya, I wanted to talk to you about something,” I said and looked down.

“I thought this might come up,” he said and I looked at him surprised, “You seemed really distant yesterday.”

“Yeah, uh, I’m sorry about that,” I said and rubbed my neck awkwardly, “It’s not you, honestly- I know people use that line a lot- It’s just-“

“You and Seguin?” he asked and I looked at him wide eyed.

“What?”

“You and Seguin have something? It’s all right, I was in the locker room all the times that Segs talked about his amazingly hot neighbor, always saying that she was pretty cool,” Antoine smiled, “When I saw in you the locker room, with Seguin, I was like ‘Fuck, I have no chance now’,” he laughed nervously.

“Antoine, I’m sorry, I should have never accepted to date,” I said and he chuckled.

“Naw, I’m glad I got to hang out with you,” he said and I smiled with him, “Even though nothing happened.”

“I still had fun,” I said and he smirked.

“He’s right you know,” he said and I looked at him confused, “Seguin, he’s right- You are an ’amazingly hot pretty cool’ person.”

I giggled and looked up towards him, “Thanks.”

“So does that mean that you and Seguin are official now?” Antoine asked and I looked at him and then looked down.

“Uh, no, Tyler and I, uh, we’re complicated,” I said and looked up towards him.

“He’s an idiot then,” Antoine said and I smirked.

“So I’ve been told.”
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think? What's going to happen between Haley and Tyler???