Life of Luxury

Chapter Twenty Two

-Haley-
Tyler had two more games left in the preseason, one home and one away, both games were winners. Preseason was over and the boys had a week until regular season began, their opening game was going to be against the Panthers, and they were confident about winning the game.

I was in my apartment blending up a fruit smoothie and going to read out on the balcony when my front door opened and Tyler and Freddy walked in with Marshall trotting in behind them. I smiled towards them and watched as they plopped themselves on the stools in front of the counter and looked at me.

“I’m guessing you’re going to want one?” I asked as they both just looked at the blender.

“What’s in it?”

“Fruit, yogurt, milk, heaven,” I said and they laughed a little and said they would take some. I grabbed two more glasses and placed them on the counter next to mine, “What can I do for you?”

“Segs’ has news,” Freddy said and I looked at Tyler.

“So, yeah, um, what are you doing Sunday?” he asked, it was Saturday.

“This Sunday? Tomorrow Sunday?” he nodded his head, I shook my head, “Nothing, why?”

“You wanna go to a Cowboys game?” Tyler asked and I smiled brightly and nodded my head.

“That was a stupid question,” I giggled and Tyler smirked, “But I’m not going to San Diego.”

“What?” he asked me confused and then looked at his phone, “It’s against Denver, it’s home.”

“Not tomorrow it’s tonight,” I said proudly, knowing my Cowboys, “Tomorrow they play the Chargers in San Diego.”

“Oh, sorry, it’s next Sunday, the sixth,” he said and I nodded my head.

“I’m still in,” I said and started to pour the smoothies into the glasses.

“Cool, so I’ll order them now,” he said and then started to type away on his phone.

“What are you doin’ tonight, Hales?” Freddy asked and I smirked and slid his glass to him and Tyler.

“Britt and I are going out,” I said and took a sip of my smoothie.

“What? Where?” Tyler asked, “Party?”

I giggled and walked around the counter and slid up onto it next to Tyler, “No, one of our coworkers is doing some kind of charity thing at Mesquite, so we’re going to see him.”

“What’s Mesquite?” Freddy asked and Tyler nodded his head.

“It’s about twenty minutes East of here, it’s a town we’re most of the rodeos are held,” I answered and Tyler looked at me.

“Never been to a rodeo,” he said and I smirked and rolled my eyes.

“That’s gunna change, you two are goin’ country tonight, sugars,” I said and Tyler rolled his eyes, “Ya ain’t in the North ya Yankee.”

“I’m offended by that,” Tyler said and I smirked and flicked his nose.

“Well, welcome to the rednecks, our motto is ‘We ain’t givin’ a darn tootin’ shit’,” I said and Freddy was laughing while Tyler was smirking and shaking his head, “Come on, we gotta get ya’ll ready for the rodeo!” I hopped off of the counter and grabbed my phone, sending a text to Brittany telling her where to meet the boys and I because we needed to turn them into Texans.

“Where are we going?” Tyler asked and I turned to see him and Freddy following me as I grabbed my keys and purse.

“Cavender’s,” I answered and opened my door and watched as they walked out, “So let’s go, we don’t have a lot of time and this is going to take a lot of work.”

-Tyler-
“I’m not fuckin’ wearin’ this, Haley,” I grumbled from the dressing room, looking at my boots, jeans, plaid button up and black cowboy hat, “Not happening.”

“Let me see, Tyler!” Haley whined from outside, “I’ll show you my outfit!”

“Dude!” Freddy laughed, “You’re gunna wanna come out!”

“I’m not coming out!” I growled, shaking my head, ‘…I fuckin’ look ridicules!...’

“If you don’t come out, I’m coming in!” Haley yelled.

“I look stupid!” I growled and Haley snickered.

“Tyler Seguin! I picked that out! You won’t look stupid!” Brittany growled and I sighed, “Open the door!”

“Fine,” I muttered and opened the door to see Freddy and Brittany standing there and then Haley’s head popped out from behind the door, she started to giggle and Freddy covered his face and muffled his laugh, “See! I look stupid!”

“Because you freakin’ wearin’ it wrong!” Brittany growled and walked over, “Stupid Yankee! You don’t tuck the damn jeans into the boots, and don’t fuckin’ only tuck half of your shirt in!”

I looked up towards Freddy; he had a solid dark blue button up shirt tucked into his jeans with a brown belt and obnoxiously big belt buckle with a star on it. His brown cowboy boots and white cowboy hat seemed to fit his outfit and Brittany was happy with it. I looked down at my grey and black plaid button up and fuck awkward as Brittany tucked my shirt into my black jeans, at least I had a normal belt buckle. She looked at my black boots, black jeans, black and grey plaid shirt and black hat. Brittany looked at Freddy and then walked over towards him, took his hat and then took mine and switched them.

“Better,” she smiled and I looked at myself in the mirror and rolled my eyes, “All right, ya’ll are finished, now time to find me an outfit,” she said and Haley giggled, “Get into your other clothes.”

“What are you wearin’, Hales?” I asked Haley, I was still only seeing her head.

Freddy smirked towards me and then looked at Haley, “Wouldn’t you like to know?” he asked, smirking and wiggling his eyebrows.

“Actually I would, asshat,” I grumbled and Haley laughed and then told Freddy to get undressed. She closed my door and I sighed and rolled my eyes. I took my hat and boots off and was in the middle of unbuttoning my shirt when there was a knock on the door, “Yeah?”

“Open up,” I heard and smirked when it was Haley.

I opened the door and my eyes widened; she was in a pair of brown boots, white short jean shorts, a grey plaid long sleeve shirt with the sleeves rolled to her elbows and a tan hat. I sucked in a breath when I looked at her long legs and smirked and shook my head. Haley just shoved me into the fitting room and closed the door behind her. I grabbed the back of her neck and pressed my lips against hers and felt her hands on my chest, trying to unbutton my shirt.

-Haley-
“It smells like a barn in here,” Freddy said and Brittany and I scoffed and shook our heads.

“Bunch of babies,” Brittany muttered and I giggled.

We were all dressed in the outfits that we had purchased before coming, Brittany ended up buying a light pink southern bell dress that had a thick brown belt around the waist and then a short sleeve waist high jean jacket and tan boots and hat.

Tyler and I sat on the bleachers in front of Freddy and Brittany and I watched as Tyler looked at all the people walking around and finding their seats, we had arrived a little early to get good seats. The next thing I knew, I’ve got a camera shoved in my face and Tyler’s arm around my neck.

“Gotta show the fans that I’m turnin’ cowboy,” he said and I smirked and rolled my eyes and watched him take the picture.

“Stick to hockey, hon,” I giggled and Tyler rolled his eyes and I leaned against him and watched as he posted the picture on Instagram.

“Do you have one?” he asked and I nodded my head, “What is it?”

“LetItHale,” I answered him and he looked at me and smirked.

“I like it,” he said and then typed it into his phone and found me, tagging me in the picture and then going all hashtag crazy on the picture.

“Hales, hold it out and get all of us,” Freddy said as he handed me his phone.

“For your friends back at home?” I asked and Freddy nodded his head and I remembered Tyler telling me that he liked to take pictures and videos. I held the phone out as far as I could and Tyler, Brittany, Freddy and I crouched in together, being sure to knock our hats off. I managed to angle it to get a picture, but a woman saw us struggling and offered to take a better one. We thanked her and I felt Tyler’s arm go around my waist.

-Brittany-
The rodeo had started, we were already three cowboys into the event and Tyler and Freddy were enjoying watching the guys fall off and getting really into it when the bull would chase after them, so far we hadn’t seen any injuries.

I felt Freddy nudge me and I looked at him and saw him holding out his phone, I looked at it and saw that he had taken a picture of Tyler and Haley and it came out looking pretty well. I don’t know when he took it, but it was of Tyler having his arm wrapped around Haley’s shoulder and she had her fingers laced with his. I was guessing it was when Freddy came back from getting a drink because it was angled in front of them, but neither of them were looking at him. I watched him edit the picture to make it blurry around the edges, as if it was centered on Tyler and Haley.

“You sure you don’t want to get into photography? You’re pretty good at it,” I said and he chuckled and shrugged his shoulders, “You know what you can do with that,” I said and Freddy looked at me, “Haley’s birthday is about two weeks away, you could frame it and give it to her for a present.”

“That’s not a bad idea,” he said and I smirked and nodded my head, “What are you gunna do for it?”

“Don’t you worry honey, I always know what to get my girl!”