Life of Luxury

Chapter Twenty Three

-Haley-
“So wait- wait, wait wait!” Tyler said and I laughed as I watched his confused face, “You’ve never like, went to a Halloween or, or, what else?”

“St. Patrick’s day?”

“Yes! You’ve never- You’re fuckin’ Irish! How have you never celebrated it?”

“St. Patrick’s day isn’t about drinking until you’re shit face-“

“Uh, yes it is,” Tyler said and I smirked and shook my head.

“New Years! There’s New Years!” he yelled excitedly and I giggled and shook my head.

“Well, no, I’ve had a thing at my place, but I wouldn’t call it a party,” I said and Tyler sighed.

“Well, I’m in now, so when Halloween comes, we’re fuckin’ going to a party!” he yelled and I laughed and shook my head, “When New Years and St. Patrick’s day- Or any day that we celebrate drinking- We’re gunna be there!”

“You’re crazy,” I laughed.

Tyler and I were in his condo, sitting on his couch, my legs were draped over the armrest and my head was on his stomach, while his legs were over the back of the couch and his head was on the coffee table, that we drug over, on top of a fluffy pillow. I could feel him playing with my hair and I looked up towards him and saw that his eyes were closed.

“Tired?” I asked and Tyler looked at me and smirked.

“Yeah, long practice,” he said and I rolled onto my stomach and laid my chin on his hard abs, draping an arm across his stomach, “You look comfy.”

“I am comfy,” I giggled and he smirked and I felt his hand on my back, “You’re gunna make me fall asleep if you keep that up.”

The week long break from the end of preseason to the regular opening game was over. Last tonight the stars had a home game against the Panthers and lost with a final score of four to two. They thought they were going to win, they were doing so well at first, but the team just slowed down and the defense wasn’t there to help the Stars’ goalie.

“…So this is where we live- Tyler!” Tyler and I jumped at the sudden voice and looked over the couch to see Freddy walking in, “Yo dude! Why didn’t you answer your phone?”

“Uh,” Tyler started to pat his pockets down, “I don’t know where it is.”

“Oh, yeah well, you forgot,” Freddy said and then I saw two blonde girls appear in the doorway and then another woman appear behind them, “Jackie called me.”

“Fuck,” Tyler muttered and pushed himself off of the couch and then helped me up as the three girls walked into the condo, “Mom.”

‘…Mom?...’ I thought as Tyler looked at me and then rubbed the back of his neck nervously and looked back at the three girls.

“Tyler! Did you forget that we were coming?!” the older woman, who I assumed was ‘Mom’, said as she looked at me and then at Tyler.

“N-No, never!” he struggled and I giggled, he had.

“Uh huh, then why do you look nervous,” the youngest one said and I walked over to Tyler and placed my hand on his shoulder.

“Who’s this, Tyler?”

“Awkward,” Freddy snickered as he turned around and started to walk down the hallway towards his room.

“Uh, this is my girlfriend, Haley,” he said and wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him, “Hales, this is my Mom, Jackie, and my two sisters, Candace and Cassidy.”

“Hi,” we all said awkwardly at the same time and I looked at Tyler.

“I think I’m gunna head home, I’ll let you spend time with your family,” I said and he looked at me sadly, “Don’t pout,” I whispered and then kissed his cheek and called for Laya to follow me as I headed for the door, being sure to say goodbye to Tyler’s family as the door closed.

-Tyler-
“Girlfriend?” Mom asked as soon as the door closed and Haley was gone.

“Uh, yeah,” I said and then walked over towards my mom and sisters and gave them a hug, “Good to see you guys.”

“Oh no! You’re not getting out of this that easily!” Mom said as she set her stuff down by the wall and walked over towards the couch, patting down on the spot next to her and calling me over, “Tell me about her.”

“I wanna know too!” Candace said as she hurried over and hopped on the couch, Cassidy following after.

“Uh, well, her name is Haley Connolly,” I said as I plopped down on the couch and looked at my family, “She’s loves sports-“

“I saw the picture of you at the baseball game, some girl was like snuggling with you,” Candace said and I nodded my head, “That was her?”

“Yeah, Freddy and Brittany were with us,” I answered and they looked at me confused, “Uh, Brittany is Haley’s friend and Freddy’s girlfriend.”

“So how did you meet?” Mom asked, “Please don’t say a bar or club.”

“Uh,” I laughed nervously, “No, actually out in the hallway.”

“Huh?” Cassidy asked and her confused faced matched the other two.

“Uh, Hales lives across the hall,” I said and Mom’s eyes widened, “Yeah, she’s my neighbor.”

“Must be hard to sneak your bunnies in,” Candace muttered, but it was loud enough for us all to hear and I glared at her.

“Candace!” Mom gasped and shot her a look.

“I haven’t needed to sneak any bunnies in,” I barked and she just looked at me.

“Is she from Dallas?” Mom asked.

“Born and raised,” I said and Mom nodded her head, “Her and Brittany took Freddy and I to our first rodeo the other day,” I said and Mom gave a small smile.

“So what does she do? How can she afford that condo?” Candace asked and I looked at my sister.

“She works in a coffee shop- And it’s none of your business how she can afford to live here,” I said and she just shot me a glare, “Haley’s not with me for my money or my status- She could care less about it-“

“Hey, I’m goin’ of Hales’- Later!” Freddy yelled as he rushed through the living room and out the front door.

“Your best friend goes over to your girlfriend’s place?” Candace asked and I looked at my sister, “Naw, that’s not suspicious.”

“Shut up, Candace,” I grumbled and then stood up.

“How ‘bout you two actually be nice to each other, for once, eh?” Mom asked and I looked at her and sighed.

“No promises,” we said at the same time and I sighed.

-Haley-
“So you and you sister don’t get along?” I asked as I then bit into my apple and looked at Tyler who sat on the stool in front of the counter in my apartment.

“Not really, she’s a little bitch sometimes,” he said and I giggled.

“Welcome to my world,” I said and Tyler smirked and rolled his eyes.

“Ok, she’s not as bad as your family, but she’s pretty brutal, always judging everything I do and people I hang out with,” he said and I looked at him.

“No offense, but you’re not known to hang out with the best people,” I said and he just looked at me, “Hence why you’re here?”

“Shut up,” he sighed and then groaned and laid his head on the counter and I sighed and rubbed his back.

“It’s gunna be all right, how long are they in for?”

“A week,” he muttered and I sighed, “Mom’s whining because we’re goin’ to the football game on Sunday.”

“We’re still going?” I asked and he looked at me.

“Yeah!” he said forcefully and I shrugged my shoulders.

“Sorry, I thought you would spend as much time with your family as you could,” I said and he whined and pouted like a little kid, making me giggled, “Hales, I don’t have a lot of time to go to football games!”

“That’s not my fault superstar,” I giggled, “Britt, Freddy and I will just have fun without you,” I teased and tapped his nose playfully.

“Haley!”
♠ ♠ ♠
He can serenade me anytime =)
Image