Life of Luxury

Chapter Twenty Eight

“All right, Heather, rise and shine,” I spoke as I opened the door to the guest bedroom and saw Heather sleeping in the bed, “Heather!” I yelled and she jumped, “Wake up.”

“But it’s early,” she whined.

“It’s ten, get up, you’ve got a doctor’s appointment in two hours, get up and get dressed,” I demanded and then watched her sit up.

“What?” she asked confused.

“Get up,” I said and Heather sighed and nodded her head, crawling out of bed and I turned around and walked out of the bedroom, down the hallway and towards the kitchen.

It was her first night and I hadn’t spoken to her, she stayed in the bedroom that I told her to go to all night. Everyone left around one and then I went to bed, I stood outside of her door, I saw a small lamp on, heard her sniffling, but that was about it, I didn’t want to talk to her, not knowing really what to say.

This morning I woke up early, took Laya for a walk and then came back, took a showered, got dressed and started to do research on my laptop about how this kind of situation was supposed to be handled. The first thing people were saying was to get a doctor’s appointment and have them test it because sometimes the store bought tests were wrong. I made an appointment decided to make some breakfast.

“How’s it going?” I heard and looked towards the kitchen counter to see Freddy eating some of the pancakes I made this morning.

“I’m going to take her to a doctor’s appointment, just got her up and told her to move her ass,” I said and Freddy nodded his head.

“Does Segs even know you have a little sister?” Freddy asked and I had to think about it.

“I’m not sure- I think, but I’m not sure,” I said and he nodded his head, “When it comes to my family, he tries not to bring anything up.”

“Right,” he said and I nodded my head and pushed myself up onto the counter, “You sure you want to put this load on your shoulders?”

“She’s my sister, Freddy,” I stated, not even looking at him.

“You’re a better person that me, Hales,” he said and I looked at him and sighed.

“How are you and Brittany?” I asked and he looked at me and then smirked.

“We’re good, I’m meeting her parents this weekend,” he said and I let out a laugh.

“Good luck,” I said and he sighed.

“Yeah, I heard they’re a little, uh, much,” he said and I snorted.

“Much is being nice,” I said and he chuckled.

“So both of you have fucked up families?” he asked and I laughed.

“Yup, we’re two peas in a pod,” I said and he smirked and nodded his head.

“You hear from Segs?”

“He’s flying to Minnesota now, texted me this morning, but said that he would call when he got to the hotel,” I said and Freddy nodded his head.

“Oh, uh,” I turned around and saw Heather walking into the kitchen; she had jeans and a faded old high school t-shirt on, “Hi.”

“Freddy, this is my sister, Heather; Heather, this is my friend, Freddy,” I said and Heather nodded her head, “Grab some food, eat and we’ll hit the road.”

“All right,” she said quietly and then walked over towards the pancakes that I made.

-Tyler-
I breathed a sigh of relief when we got to the hotel and I was able to do a dive bomb onto my bed. My Captain laughed at me, but I shrugged him off and just wanted to sleep, but I wanted to call Haley. I pulled my phone out and went into contacts and hit her name. It rang and rang and rang and when I thought it was going to go to voicemail, I was happy to hear her voice.

“Hey, hold on, two seconds,” she said quickly and then I heard her talking to someone, but I couldn’t understand what she was saying, “Hey, ok, sorry.”

“It’s all right,” I chuckled, “What’s up?”

“I’m at the doctor’s right now-“

“Are you all right?” I asked and she giggled.

“I’m fine, Ty, thanks for the concern,” she said and then sighed, “My sister decided to pay a surprise visit to me and lay it on my that she’s pregnant. I’m at the doctor’s with her name so that can examine her.”

“You have a sister?” I asked confused, wondering where the hell this person was coming form.

“Yeah, Heather, remember?” she asked and I shook my head.

“No, but I’m sure you told me, I don’t know, sorry babe, I’m a little tired,” I said and she sighed, “So why’d she come to you?”

“Because no one else will take her in.”

“So why did you?” I asked and then heard her let out and aggravated sigh, “Hales.”

“I don’t know- I really don’t- Pity I guess,” she said and I sat up in my bed, “I honestly don’t know what to do, Ty.”

“You gunna tell her to tell your parents?” I asked.

“Yeah, she’s gotta tell them- Hell, maybe they’ll let her live with them- Apparently the boyfriend kicked her out and ran away,” Haley said and I shook my head.

“Fuckin’ pansy,” I said and Haley giggled.

“I know, but- I’m basically just goin’ with the flow on this- Pullin’ everything out of my ass,” she said and I sighed.

“I’ll be home in a few days, Hales, we’ll figure something out-“

“I’m not gettin’ you involved in this, Tyler, this is my issues- My sister-“

“And you’re crazy if you think that I’m going to let you get taken advantage by your family again,” I growled and then heard Haley sigh.

“We’ll just talk about this when you come home, Tyler,” she said and I laid back in the bed.

“All right.”

“How was your flight?”

“Bumpy,” I said and then chuckled, “All of us couldn’t wait to land.”

“I hate airplanes,” Haley said and I smirked.

“Really? I didn’t know that.”

“Well, you didn’t have to put me on a plane,” she giggled.

“Not yet at least,” I said and smirked, “How else are we going to get to Toronto this summer- Or even where ever we go for our two week break for the Olympics-“

“Who says I’m going anywhere with you?” she giggled and I smiled.

“Fate,” I said and she laughed, “It’s totally happening- The guys and I were talking Cabo maybe- You in?”

“No.”

“So we’re going to-“

“I’m not going, Tyler,” she laughed and I smirked.

“And we’re going to be on the beach-“

“No we’re not,” she still laughed, “No Cabo, no Toronto, no airplane-“

“Fine, we’ll drive to Galvaston and take a crusie-“

“Oh my god, NO! I hate boats-“

“Well you just hate everything don’t you?” I laughed and smiled when she giggled. It was silent for a few moments, I thought I lost her, “Hales?”

“I’ll think about Cabo,” she said and I smiled brightly.

“And Toronto?”

“Can we drive-“

“Do you know how long that drive will be?!” I yelled and she laughed.

“Road trip!” she said and I rolled my eyes, “Come on, babe!”

“I’ll think about it,” I said and smiled when I heard her cheer, “I’ll talk to you later?”

“Definitely, I’ll be watching the game.”

“Good, if I make a goal that means I like you, if I make an assist that means I like you, and if I don’t do anything on the ice, that means I like you,” I said and listened to her laugh.

“You’re a corny dork.”

“Yes, I am horny-“

“CORNY!!!”