Life of Luxury

Chapter Twenty Nine

-Haley-
“Still a sports person, I see,” I heard and turned my head to see Heather walking into the living room.

“You expect something else?” I asked and she shook her head, “Have a seat,” she took a seat at the far end of the other couch, “When are you going to tell Mom and Dad?”

“I don’t want to,” she said and I shook my head.

“You’re going to tell them,” I said and she just looked at me.

“Haley-“

“No, you’re going to tell them,” I stated and she sighed.

“When?” she asked and I sighed.

“Tomorrow,” I said and Heather’s eyes widened.

“Haley, no! I can’t- Please, don’t make me do it-“

“I’m not the one who got knocked up, Heather! There’s no one out there will to take you in other than me- You’re doing this MY way, or there’s the door, don’t let it hit you in the ass,” I growled and she looked at me, “You treated me pretty shitty growling up- Do you know how you get that car of yours- That brand new car?”

“No,” she said and I scoffed.

“Mom took the money out of my bank account- You were thanking our parents for a car that they never bought you- I bought you,” I said and she looked at me, “And then the family had the never to tell me that I should be grateful that I helped you out- She took everything- All of my money- Everything that I saved up to get the hell out of there.”

“I never knew,” she said and I nodded my head.

“Yeah well, I didn’t expect you to- But I also didn’t expect you to get pregnant at eighteen,” I said and she looked down, “What are you going to do, Heather? What are you going to do with the baby?”

“I don’t know.”

“Are you going to raise the baby or put it up for adoption- If you raise it, don’t expect me to do it for you,” I growled, “And when you’re living here, you’re going to be working.”

“What-“

“Plenty of people work when they’re pregnant- While you’re here, you’re going to be working and paying me rent-“

“Haley-“

“There’s the door!” I growled and pointed towards the door, “This is MY home, MY life, and you asked for MY help.”

“Where would I find work?”

“I don’t know, start putting applications out there, I don’t care where- Grocery stores, clothing stores, the coffee shop- I’m sure Max will have something for you there- McDonald’s-“

“I’m NOT working at a fast food place,” she growled.

“How are you going to pay rent? How are you going to pay for your car insurance, your gas, your phone-“

“Mom pays for my insurance and phone,” she said and I scoffed.

“Guarantee that she won’t when she finds out your pregnant,” I said and Heather looked like she was going to cry, “You were spoiled your whole life, Heather- Welcome to the real world and it’s a real bitch. You want my help, you’re not going to be sitting around doing nothing all day- You’re going to be out there doing something.”

“Will you talk to your boss? See if you can get me a job?” Heather asked and I sighed.

“I’ll see, but I can’t promise anything,” I said and she looked down, “Your best bet is to start putting in applications in for everywhere- My laptops right there, get going.”

“When did you get a backbone?” she asked and I looked at her.

“The day I found out that my family didn’t give two shits about what happened to me,” I said and Heather just looked at me, “I’m not Mom and Dad, I’m not our Aunts and Uncles- I’m going to help you Heather, but you’re not going to be spoiled by me.”

She nodded her head and then grabbed my laptop and I turned towards the TV, I had the Stars and Wilds game on. The Stars were losing, it was the end of the second period, I had missed most of the period because I was talking to Heather.

“Who’s this?” Heather asked and I looked towards her, she turned my laptop around and saw the picture of Tyler and I at my place. We were standing on my balcony looking out at the city, Brittany came up behind up and yelled picture and Tyler quickly grabbed me and kissed my cheek. I liked the picture so much I made it my screen saver.

“It’s my boyfriend, you’ll meet him in a few days,” I said and she just looked at me.

“You have a boyfriend?” she asked and I nodded my head, “I didn’t know.”

“There’s a lot of things you don’t know about me, Heather,” I said and she nodded her head.

“What’s his name?”

“Tyler,” I said and looked at the TV and then looked down and smiled when Laya came over towards me, jumped onto the couch and plopped down on my lap. I leaned back on the couch, placed my feet on the coffee table and started to pet her back.

“Where’d you meet him?”

“He’s actually my neighbor, moved in a few months ago, him and Freddy-“

“That’s the guy from this morning?” she asked and I nodded my head.

“You’ll just see a lot of people just walk into this condo,” I said and Heather just looked at me, “You’ll get use to it.”

“So why isn’t Tyler here?” she asked and I looked at her, debating on whether or not to tell her who Tyler was.

“Uh, he’s away, on business,” I said and she just looked at me, ‘…I’m not very good at lying…’

“What does he do?” she asked and I sighed.

“You’ll find out when you meet him,” I said and she just looked at me, “Get to your applications.”

“He’s pretty cute,” she said and I looked at her, she was in my pictures and pulled up another one of just the two of us down at the pool.

“I know,” I said and then looked towards the TV again.

“What’s his last name-“

“Get to the applications, Heather,” I said and she sighed, “He’ll be back on Wednesday and you can meet him then.”

“Knock knock!” I heard and looked to see the front door open and Freddy walked in.

“Like that, they just walk in,” I said and Heather giggled.

“Hales, I’m bored and Brittany’s at work and Segs isn’t back yet!” Freddy whined and then plopped on the couch next to me.

“Segs?” Heather asked and Freddy looked at her.

“No, I’m Freddy,” he chuckle and I rolled my eyes, “I kid,” he said and Heather smirked, “Segs is my roommate, Tyler-“

“Your boyfriend!” Heather said and I nodded my head, “So he’s real?”

“You’re a bitch, you know that,” I growled and Freddy giggled.

“Why are you always so secretive, Hales?” Freddy said, “Just tell the girl who your man is.”

“Pass, she’ll meet him on Wednesday.”

“I’ll tell her-“

“She’ll meet him on Wednesday-“

“What did she tell you about my best friend?” Freddy asked Heather and I sighed.

“Just that he was away on business, and they he’s your roommate,” she said and I glared towards her.

“And I regret it right now.”

“Hales, just tell her your boyfriend is Tyler Se-“

“Shut it,” I growled and clamped my hand over his mouth, “Or I’ll call Cassidy up and ask her your secret- Because, let’s face it, you know she’ll tell me.”

“You’re a cold hearted person, Haley Connelly.”

“Thank you, thank you very much,” I giggled and Freddy smirked and shook his head.

“Sorry kid, sworn to secrecy, but you’ll meet Segs in three days.”