Life of Luxury

Chapter Three

“So a hockey player is your new neighbor?” Drake asked, we were playing Call of Duty again.

“Yeah, he’s been here for about two weeks now,” I said and then sighed, “He’s fuckin’ annoying- Already had two parties and there were wasted people passed out in the hallway in the morning.”

“Damn, maybe I should come over,” Drake chuckled and I rolled my eyes.

“Britt’s totally loving the fact that I have a hot neighbor,” I scoffed and then sighed and went back to playing the game.

“Then maybe we should throw a party of our own,” he said and I rolled my eyes.

“No, because knowing him, he’ll just invite himself, he wouldn’t be annoyed at all,” I said and then frantically pushed the trigger button to kill the enemy.

“Hales, I’m serious though- Maybe not a party party, but we could have a few of the guys over, set up two TVs and have like gaming thing or something- Remember like how we did last year?” Drake asked and I thought about it.

“Who would you invite?” I asked, seriously considering it. Not for the fact to annoy Tyler, but for the fact that it actually sounded like fun.

“Uh, the guys from the shop, they’re into the game. Colin, Jake, Erin, Tammy- Basically our nerd group,” he said and I giggled, “There will be like eight to ten of us. That sound good?”

“Yeah, give ‘em a call and tell ‘em this Saturday at seven. I’ll order pizza and wings, you guys grab the booze and each of your bring your own controller,” I informed, a smirk on my face.

“Awesome, this will be so exciting, I’ll bring my box too, if there’s going to be like eight players, we might need it,” he said and I laughed a little.

“Definitely, I’m officially excited for this!” I said and then heard a knock on my door, “YEAH?!” I yelled, too lazy to get up.

“Ow!”

“Sorry, someone’s at the door,” I said and sighed when the door didn’t open, “IT’S OPEN!!!”

The door opened and I was looking at the TV, I quickly turned my head and saw Tyler’s head popping into the apartment, he’s never been in my place before, “Yo, uh, I’m bored.”

“That’s nice,” I said and then looked down, seeing Marshall trotting over towards me and I smiled and looked back at the TV, my screen door to the balcony was opened and Laya was out there lying on her bed, Marshall soon joined her.

“What are you doing?” Tyler asked and plopped on my couch and watched me, “No way, you’re a Black Ops girl!” he laughed and I smirked.

“Who’s there, Hales?” Drake asked.

“My new neighbor,” I said and could feel Tyler’s eyes on me.

“The hockey player?”

“Yes, now shut up and look the fuck out because I just saved your ass again!” I yelled and heard Tyler chuckle beside me.

“My bad,” he said and I sighed and then heard my phone ring from in front of me, I leaned forward and looked at it and saw ‘Mom’.

‘….Oh hell naw…’ I thought and then leaned back and ignored it.

“You’re not going to get that?” Tyler asked and I shook my head, he leaned forward and saw ‘Mom’, “But it’s your Mom.”

“Good to know you can read,” I said and heard Drake chuckle, “And she’s going to call my phone again and then she’s going to call the landline.”

“Really?” he asked and I nodded my head.

“Wait for it,” I said and then two minutes later heard my cell phone going off again, and again it said ‘Mom’, “That’s one.”

“The bitch is calling you?”

“Yup, probably calling to see where her monthly check is,” I scoffed.

“You’re not still giving her money, are ya, Hales?”

“Yup,” I sighed and then heard the landline phone start to ring, “And that’s two,” I said and looked towards Tyler, “Told ya.”

“Hello?” I heard and I snapped my head to the side to see that Tyler had answered my phone.

“What the hell are you doing?” I hissed and he smirked.

“No, this is Tyler,” he said and I growled and tried to grab the phone off of him.

“Hales! You’re getting shot at! What the hell are you doing?!” I heard and looked towards the game and cursed.

“Cover me, emergency!” I growled into the headset and tried to crawl onto Tyler to grab the phone.

“No, Haley’s around here somewhere, let me find here,” he said, trying to push me away.

“I will kill you!” I growled and heard the dogs start to bark. I pulled the headset off of my head and jumped onto him and started to reach for the phone, but his arms were too high, “Give me the phone!”

“Why don’t you want to talk to your mom?” he asked and I glared at him, “It’s your mom.”

“Fuck off, Seguin, give me the phone,” I growled and leaned up, practically throwing my breasts into his face and grabbing the phone, “Hello?” I asked into the phone sounding a little out of breath.

“Haley, why are you out of breath? Who was that boy?” Mom asked angrily and I glared at Tyler, who was just smirking at me, “Why didn’t you answer any of my calls before?”

“I was busy!” I snapped and Tyler snickered and rolled his eyes.

“Yeah, sounded like it to me,” she barked and my face turned red at what she was implying, “I want no daughter of mine sleeping around all of Dallas,” she ordered and I growled and then just hit the ‘end’ button and glared at Tyler, “That’s the reason why I don’t talk to my mother.”

“Sounded like a lovely conversation,” he smirked and I looked down and saw that I was sitting on his lap.

The landline started to ring again but I ignored it and glared at Tyler, “Answer it again and I’ll cut your dick off!” I said and threw the phone to the other side of the couch and then shoved him a little, hearing him laugh and I climbed off of him and back to my seat on the couch, looking to see that our team had lost the game because we all lost.

“You made me lose the game,” I growled and Tyler walked over towards my system and grabbed the second controller and pulled it in, “What are you doing?”

“I said I was bored before,” he said and I rolled my eyes, “What kind of games do you have?”

“All kind,” I said and he looked through it while I put my headset back on, but phone Drake to have signed off. I sighed and heard my phone buzz and saw that Drake texted me saying that he was sorry but had to sign off. I just replied and told him to spread the word about Saturday and then looked up and saw Tyler putting a new game in, “Sure, just make yourself at home.”

“I am, thanks,” he said and I rolled my eyes and walked into the living room and grabbed a bottle of Mountain Dew and looked towards Tyler.

“Want a beer?” I asked and he looked at me.

“Sure,” he said and I put the soda back and grabbed two beers and walked back over towards the couch and smirked, shaking my head seeing that he put NHL ’13 on, “I’ll so kick your ass in this.”

“Uh huh, sure you will,” I said and sat down, handing him the beer and finding him to sit literally right next to me.

“Please, who’s the hockey player in the room?” he asked and I smirked towards him.

“Yeah, in reality,” I said and tilted the top of my beer towards the TV, “That’s not reality, I’m the bomb at video games,” I said and then took a swig of my beer and heard him scoff.

“We’ll see,” he said and I rolled my eyes. He was player one so he set up the game and I smirked and shook my head when he chose the Boston Bruins as his team, but kept my mouth shut, “Choose your losing team.”

“I will,” I smirked and scrolled through the league and heard him groan when I chose the Chicago Blackhawks, “Don’t be bitching, they’re my team! I fuckin’ love them!”

“They’re going down,” Tyler said and I snickered.

“It’s the Stanley Cup playoffs all over again,” I said and smirked, “Try not to fuck it up in the final seventeen seconds.”

“You’re a cocky bitch,” he said and I smirked brightly.

I took a swig of my beer and looked at him, “Takes one to know one.”