Life of Luxury

Chapter Thirty Three

“Wait, wait, wait- You want me to do what?” I asked Tyler as I looked at him and Freddy standing in my kitchen while they watched me cook breakfast.

“You should cook the Thanksgiving dinner!” Freddy said excitedly and I just looked at them, “It’s just gunna be us- You, Brittany, Segs, me, and your sister.”

“Why should I cook it? I always cook!” I whined and Tyler walked over towards me, wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed my shoulder.

“Please,” he said and I looked at him and sighed.

“But Thanksgiving is in two days,” I whined and Tyler pouted, “Tyler!

Haley!” he mocked and I sighed and looked at the food in front of me.

“Fine, but you’re buying all of the food!” I caved and the guys cheered and high fived.

“Great, I’ll called the guys!” Tyler said and I snapped around and looked at him shocked.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa- What? What guys?!” I barked and Tyler and Fred just laughed, “Tyler! You said only five!

“I’m just playing, Hales,” Tyler chuckled and hugged my waist and I sighed and shook my head.

“Jerk,” I breathed and then rolled my eyes, finishing up cooking the grilled cheese, “When are you going to get the food?”

“Uh, I was just gunna give you my credit card,” Tyler said and I scoffed.

“Nope, you want me to cook, you boys are going shopping too,” I said and the two looked at me, “I’ll make a list for you.”

“How hard can it be?” Freddy said and I giggled, placing my sandwich on the plate and walked over towards the island. Freddy and Tyler took a seat next to me on each side and Freddy placed a note pad in front of me, “All right, start listing what we need to get.”

“You guys are serious about this?” I asked and Freddy and Tyler nodded their heads.

“What did you and Britt do last year?” Tyler asked.

“Ordered Chinese and watched movies all day,” I said and the boys looked at me and I shrugged my shoulders, grabbed the pen and started to write down things the boys would need to pick up at the store.

A month had passed and a lot has happened, Heather finally got a job as a cashier at the local grocery store, she was all moved in to my apartment and we haven’t once heard from our parents, the Stars had been playing well and things looked pretty good for them. Whenever Tyler was home, he would most likely be found at my place, the guy was in mine than his own place.

My door opened and I turned to see Heather walking into the apartment, fresh from ending her shift at work. She looked at us, gave a small wave before dragging herself down the hallway and towards her room. The boys watched her disappear and then looked at me confused.

“She got called in at six this morning- Person didn’t show up,” I said and they nodded their heads.

“Is it all right that she’s working so much?” Freddy asked, “I mean with her being pregnant.”

“It is for now, later in the pregnancy- It won’t be,” I said and he nodded his head, “Trust me- I’ve read like seven books so far and done so much research online.”

“Look at you gettin’ all prepared and everything,” Tyler teased and I rolled my eyes, “Well, I need to head to practice,” he said as he kissed my head grabbed half of my grilled cheese and stuck it in his mouth.

“Hey!” I yelled and Freddy laughed as Tyler waved bye to us and disappeared out the door, “Jerk!” I looked down and saw Marshall and Laya sitting in front of me panting, “Your daddy is a jerk, Marshall.”

“Good thing you added Marshall’s name at the end- I would think you were talking about yourself for a second- OW!” Freddy yelled when I punched his arm, “Violent little jerk!”

“I will punch you again,” I said and Freddy laughed and I smirked and rolled my eyes.

“Hey,” I heard and looked up to see Heather walking into the kitchen.

“Hey, how was work?”

“People are bitches,” she said and Freddy laughed and I smirked and nodded my head, “This one lady was so rude to me because she misread one of the sale signs.”

“It happens- You’re working with the public,” I said and Heather sighed and nodded her head. I turned my head for a second to look at the dogs and heard Freddy let out a laugh, I looked back and saw that Heather had stole the other half of my grilled cheese and was eating it, “Are you serious?!”

“You’re really good at making them!” she said and I glared at her.

“Fuckin’ you and Tyler both- I’m gunna kill the next person who steals my food,” I growled and Freddy was laughing.

“Segs stole the other half,” Freddy explained and Heather smirked and shrugged her shoulders.

“You have a doctor’s appointment at the end of the week,” I said and Heather looked at the calendar on the wall and nodded her head, “And we’re having Thanksgiving dinner here- Are you working?”

“Yeah, opening to noon,” she said and I nodded my head.

“We’ll have dinner at three then,” I said and she nodded her head.

“Are you making it?” she asked and I nodded my head, “Who’s all coming?”

“You, me, Freddy, Brittany and Tyler,” I answered and she nodded her head.

“Can I bring a friend?” she asked and I looked at her, “He’s a student at the University and isn’t going home.”

“Where’s he from?” I asked, taking a sip of my water, “What’s his name?”

“His name’s Eric and he’s from Alabama, he works with me,” she said and I nodded my head, “We both have the same shift on Thanksgiving and I was-“

“Yeah sure, bring ‘em,” I said and Heather gave a little smile and nodded her head and pulled out her phone.

“Thanks.”

“Yup,” I said and then got up, scratched Laya’s head and then walked around the counter towards the fridge to find something else to eat, since Heather and Tyler ate my lunch.

“Hey Hales,” I closed the fridge and looked at Heather, “Do you think that you can take me to your bank so that I can set up an account?”

“Uh yeah, you wanna do that today?” I asked and she nodded her head.

“Yeah, I’ve got all my paychecks that I haven’t cashed yet,” she said and I looked at her confused.

“Wait, what? How many?”

“Since I started- Uh, three checks,” she said and then pulled the folded checks out of her back pocket, “There’s almost six hundred there.”

“Nice- Make sure you save that, when you don’t work towards the end of your pregnancy you’re going to need that,” I said and she nodded her head.

“I’m gunna go take a shower and change and then we can go?” she asked and I nodded my head and then watched as she disappeared.

“So, how does she get to work?” Freddy asked and I looked at him, “Does she have a car?”

“No, sometimes she gets a ride- But this morning since it was last minute, I gave her a ride,” I said and he nodded his head, “She’s got the one manager that she became friends with that gives her rides and she gives her gas money.”

“Oh, well that works out,” he said and I nodded my head

“I’m trying to make her responsible,” I said and Freddy nodded his head.

“I think it’s working, I mean she wants to start a bank account- She never had one?” he asked and I shook my head.

“Not with her own money in it,” I said and sighed, “For birthdays and stuff, we would get cash and her money would be gone in days. The only money that was in the bank account would be the money that our parents put in there and since we’re not in contact, she doesn’t have access to the money.”

“Are you ever going to talk to them?” he asked and I shrugged my shoulders, “You gunna let them in when the baby’s born?”

“That’s up to Heather; it’s not my baby so it’s not my decision,” I said and Freddy nodded his head.

“You happy to have your sister in your life again?” Freddy asked and I looked at him.

“What’s with the twenty questions?” I asked and he chuckled and shrugged his shoulders, “She wasn’t much of a sister back then, but so far- Yeah, I’m happy that she’s here.”

“At least you’ve got some family- Well, plus us,” he said and I giggled.

“Oh yes Freddy, I’m so happy for you to be in my life,” I laughed and he smiled brightly.

“I’m just that lovable.”

“Is that what Britt tells you ever night?”

“No, that goes more of Oh yes, yes, harder, yes-

“Ewww! Enough! I don’t wanna know that!” I yelled and Freddy laughed and I just shook my head, “You’re disgusting.”

“That’s not what your friend tells me in bed-“

“STOP!!!”