Life of Luxury

Chapter Thirty Four

-Tyler-
“What the fuck is this shit?” I asked as I pointed towards the list that Haley gave Freddy and I to get groceries.

“I have no idea,” he said and I pulled my phone and was about to call Haley but then stopped and sighed, she had specifically told us that she wasn’t to be called for help, that we were doing this on our open.

“Oh fuck,” I groaned and leaned against the cart, my head on my arms, “Why did we agree to this?”

“Because you wanted the American Thanksgiving,” he said and I sighed, regretting this whole idea, I was starting to see why Haley didn’t want to do it, and she was the one cooking not us.

“All right, let’s see here,” I looked at the list of what she’ll be making, “Turkey and turkey gravy, stuffing, mashed red garlic potatoes, cranberry sauce, Cesar salad, green bean casserole, broccoli, rolls, apple and pumpkin pie.”

“Holy food,” Freddy said and my eyes widened and I nodded my head, “You sure there’s only gunna be six of us- Sounds like that’ll feed an army.”

“My thing is- Is she gunna make that herself?” I asked and Freddy’s eyes widened and she groaned, “Yeah, I’m starting to think that she might ask for help.”

“Shit,” he said and I sighed and nodded my head.

“Let’s just get everything, or at least try to get everything,” I said and Freddy nodded his head.

“So much for ‘How hard can it be?’,” he said and I scoffed and nodded my head, grabbing the cart and heading down the aisle.

-Haley-
Thanksgiving was tomorrow and I had sent the boys out today to get the food, it was early in the afternoon, Tyler had just gotten out of practice and home when I sent him right back out the door with Freddy to head to the store. He whined about being tired, but there was a reason why I wanted him gone now, Brittany and I were on a mission.

“Oh! Haley!” I heard and turned my head and smiled at the sight of Tyler’s mom and his two sisters following behind her, “How are you?! Thank you for inviting us!”

“It’s no problem, I’m glad you’re here! How are all of you?!” I laughed and hugged Cassidy and Candace.

“Oh, Haley, Brittany, these are Freddy’s parents,” Jackie, Tyler’s mom said as she pushed two people forward, “Anna, Harry, meet our boys’ girls- Haley and Brittany.”

Anna laughed a little, “Looks like our boys are doing well, eh, Jackie?”

“I would say so,” she said and Brittany and I looked at each other and laughed.

“Which one’s Brittany?” Harry asked and Brittany smiled and stepped forward, “Nice to finally meet you, Freddy talks a lot about you,” he said and I smiled brightly and Brittany blushed.

We all drove back to my place, Tyler still wasn’t back yet and between both of our condos, there was enough room for everyone. Both places were clean and neat and I know everyone was surprised to see Tyler’s place looking nice.

“Does Tyler even sleep here anymore?” Jackie asked as I opened Tyler’s door and saw his room.

“No, but I changed the sheets anyways because I didn’t know when the last time he did,” I said and she smiled towards me.

“You take such good care of my baby,” she said and I giggled and shrugged my shoulders, “Where are the girls staying?”

“They’ve got a choice,” I said and looked at Candace and Cassidy, “Ya’ll can share a room in my apartment and Freddy’s parents can say in the last spare bedroom here, or you here and they’re over at my place.”

“Doesn’t matter to me- We’ll stay with you,” Candace said and I nodded my head and watched them pick their bags up and head down the hall and Freddy’s parents appeared.

“This is where you’ll be staying,” I said and opened the door to the spare room and let them walk in.

“Where are the boys anyways?” Anna asked and I giggled.

“They’re food shopping,” I answered and all three parents looked at me surprised.

“Boy, you must have them both wrapped around your finger, Haley,” Jackie said and I laughed and shrugged my shoulders, “So how many of us where they’ll be?”

“Um, you, Candace, Cassidy, Anna, Harry, Freddy, Brittany, Tyler, myself, my sister and her friend- So, one, two, three- Eleven.”

“It was supposed to be five- But that was just too lonely for us,” Brittany said and we laughed, “Hales is an over achiever.”

“So what will be on the menu?” Anna asked and I smiled towards her.

“Brittany and I are making; turkey and turkey gravy, stuffing, mashed red garlic potatoes, cranberry sauce, Cesar salad, green bean casserole, broccoli, rolls, apple and pumpkin pie.”

“Wow, that’s a lot of food,” Harry smiled brightly, “I’m going to like it here.”

We laughed and then Brittany and I left, letting the parents get settled in their rooms. As we left the condo to walk across the hall, the elevator dinged and Tyler and Freddy walked out of the elevator with a cart full of groceries and alcohol.

“I see you two wasted no time stocking up,” Brittany said and I giggled as they smiled brightly.

“Where’s the food going?” Tyler asked and I opened my doors and motioned for them to go inside.

“You can have the beer at your place, I’ll take the food, we’ll start preparing everything tonight,” I said and Tyler nodded his head, I walked over towards him, leaned against his back and kissed his cheek, “Thank you, baby.”

“Mhmmm, I should be thanking you, you’re cooking everything,” he said as he turned around, moved me against the counter, his hands on my waist and he pressed his lips against mine.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa! Not in front of the food!” Freddy yelled and Tyler and I pulled apart and laughed.

“So here’s the test,” Brittany started as she grabbed the list off of Freddy and opened the paper, “Did ya’ll get everything?”

“We tried,” Tyler said and we started to open bags and pull things out, I called it out, Brittany checked it off of the list.

“Vanilla ice cream?” I pulled out and laughed, “I know this wasn’t on the list.”

“You’re telling me you’ve never had warm apple pie with ice cream?!” Freddy asked and I shook my head, “What?! That- That right there is why we got it!”

“Is the gallon gunna last the night to make it for the pie?” I asked and we laughed as Freddy pouted.

“What’s so funny out here?” I heard and my eyes widened when I saw Cassidy, Tyler’s younger sister, she wasn’t supposed to show herself yet.

“Cas? What are you doing here?” Tyler asked and I sighed and smacked my forehead.

“Uh, oops, wasn’t supposed to walk out yet-“

“Cas, get back here, we don’t- Oh, uh, crap,” Candace said as she appeared and Tyler walked over towards his sisters completely confused.

“Go get them,” I whispered to Brittany and she looked at me and nodded her head, ‘…Cats outta the bag now…’

Brittany snuck out of the apartment and into Tyler’s to get everyone else, the surprise wasn’t supposed to be until later, but now worked well too. Tyler was hugging his sisters, happy to see them again, when Brittany walked in and both Freddy and Tyler smiled at the sight of their mothers and father.

“What are you guys doing here?!” Freddy asked happily, a bright smile on his face.

“Brittany and Haley invited us, we missed you,” Anna told her son and Freddy turned around and hugged me tight and then hugged and kissed Brittany, Tyler did the same and I smiled up at him as he kissed my forehead.

“Thank you, it’s a nice surprise to see them, especially since we all get along,” he said and I giggled and nodded my head, remembering how it went the first time I met Tyler’s sisters.

“Haley, I thought you said your sister would be here,” Jackie said and I nodded my head.

“She’ll be here later, she’s working right now,” I said and she nodded her head.

“Is it nice to be talking with her- I know you told me you’re not really close with your family,” she said and I nodded my head, Freddy’s parents must have been all caught up in my drama because not a confused look was given.

“It is, I’m happy to have her,” I said and felt Tyler wrap his arms around my waist and he leaned against me, “Well, Britt and I better get this food away.”

“Right, right- Would you like help?” Jackie asked and I shook my head.

“You’re sons should take ya’ll out while we handle this,” I said and Brittany I smiled and nodded our heads towards the boys.

“All right,” Tyler said and then kissed my head, “Thank you for bringing them.”

“Any time.”

“I wouldn’t say ‘any time’,” he breathed into my ear and then squeezed my ass a little, making me giggled, “We wouldn’t have a lot of alone time then.”