Life of Luxury

Chapter Nine

-Haley-
“What?” I yelled, walking down the hallway after hearing my mom yell my name from the kitchen. I walked into the opened room and my eyes widened when I saw Tyler standing there, in his boxers. I smacked my face and shook my head.

“So how many boys is there, Haley?” mom asked.

“What are you doing, Tyler?”

“Tyler? Is this the boy?” mom asked and I waved her off.

“I needed milk, Freddy drank the last of mine,” he said and I rolled my eyes and walked over towards my fridge and grabbed my gallon and handed it to him, “Sorry.”

“Just go,” I muttered and he nodded his head and left, I couldn’t help but watch him leave, watching the muscles in his back move and I rolled my eyes and shook my head, trying not to drool, ‘…Stop it, Haley…’

“How old is he, Haley?” Dad asked and I walked over towards the table and sat across from him.

“Um, I think my age,” I said and grabbed an apple from the bowl in the middle of the table.

“How is he able to afford a condo here? I mean, I know how-“

“He’s an athlete, mom,” I said, cutting her off because I didn’t want to hear her grumble about my luck.

“What sport?” Dad asked, looking down from his newspaper.

“Hockey, he plays for the Stars,” I said and bit into the apple.

“Any good?”

“Yeah- But don’t tell him I said that,” I said and Dad smirked and nodded my head.

“Haley, we’re going to see the family tomorrow afternoon, what time will you be ready?” mom asked and I looked at her.

“Uh, what?” I asked, not knowing that I needed to go along with them.

“Tomorrow? I want to leave at two, will you be ready?” she asked and I looked at dad, he was looking at the newspaper.

“Um, I thought you were just going- So, I made plans,” I lied quickly, not really wanting to see my family.

“With who?”

“Uh, Tyler,” I said, mentally cursing because I have been coming up with horrible plans lately.

“Oh, bring him along? Was he cursing boy or boxer boy?” she asked and I groaned and hit my head against the table.

“Boxer boy,” I muttered and then shook my head.

“Good, bring him along,” she said and I sighed and shook my head.

“He might have practice or something!” I said and then heard the front door open, I turned and saw Brittany, she was frozen, seeing my parents.

“This isn’t the right place!” she laughed nervously, “Sorry, wrong apartment!”

‘…Fuckin’ bitch, leave me by myself!...’ I grumbled and watched as she quickly closed the door.

“Do people just walk into your place all the time, Haley?” mom asked and dad was just staring at me.

“I’m going to get dressed,” I said and stood up hearing my mom say that she was going to lock the door.

-Tyler-
I was sitting at the counter in the kitchen eating cereal when my door opened and I snapped my head, hoping it was Haley, but sighed when it was only Brittany. Her face was red and she was shaking her head, she rubbed her face and groaned and I chuckled, “You walk in on them too?”

Brittany looked at me and then walked over, “Yeah, got my ass out of there, I’m surprised it was actually quiet.”

“Yeah well, I walked in like this and nearly gave her mom a heart attack,” I said and Brittany giggled.

“Honey, you’d make anyone have a heart attack if you walked in like that,” she said and I smirked. I watched as Brittany grabbed my box of fruit loops and looked around.

“Bowls are over there,” I said and she smiled and nodded my head, “I don’t know where Freddy is, probably still sleeping.”

“I was actually here to see Haley- But if her parents are in, I’m not going anywhere near that place,” she said and I looked at her confused.

“Why? She not get along with her parents? I know she ignores her mom’s phone calls,” I said and Brittany snorted and poured some of the cereal into the bowl.

“Haley doesn’t really like her family, they’re a bunch of greedy bitches and when Haley won- Wait! Has she told you the secret yet?” she asked, looking at me as she grabbed the milk.

“What secret?” I asked and Brittany sighed.

“Never mind, she hasn’t-“

“What the hell? Is this the reason that she dumped the douche?” I asked and Brittany smirked.

“Chet? Yeah, it is, how’d you know that?” she asked and then poured milk into her bowl and grabbed a spoon.

“Uh, what’s their names- Drake and Colin?” I asked and she nodded her head, “They told me.”

“Oh, well, yeah, Haley needs to tell you-“

“What the fuck is this special secret? Why does she need to hide it?” I asked and Brittany sighed, “Did she like shack up with some rich dude and like steal all his money or something?”

“NO!” Brittany yelled and then smacked my head, “She didn’t do anything wrong!”

“What’s with all the yelling?” I heard and turned my head to see a sleepy Freddy in his boxers with a serious case of the bed head, “Britt, hey!”

“Hey,” she smiled and Freddy walked over and leaned on the counter next to her.

“What are we talking about?” he asked and then stole the spoon from Brittany’s bowl and stole some cereal.

“Jerk,” Brittany giggled and I rolled my eyes.

“We’re talking about Haley’s secret,” I said and Freddy looked at me.

“What secret?” he asked confused.

“Exactly!” I yelled and looked at Brittany, “What secret?”

“Look, if she’s going to tell you, then she’ll tell you! It’s not my place,” she said and I scoffed and shook my head.

“What’s she afraid of?” Freddy asked and I looked at Brittany, she frowned.

“You’d be surprised at how many friends she lost over something so stupid,” Brittany said and then sighed, “She doesn’t really let a lot of people into her life, or at least, she doesn’t open up a whole lot around new people.”

“Because of the secret?” I asked and Brittany nodded her head, “Is she a hooker or something?”

“Just shut up,” she said and I sighed and rolled my eyes.

“Give me a hint?” Freddy asked and looked at Brittany, “Pleeeeeease?”

Brittany sighed and shook her head, “One hint!” she said and I smiled and sat up straight to listen, “Just one.”

“All right, what is it?” I asked impatiently.

“Haley,” she paused to think of the right words, she smirked and looked at us, “She’s very lucky.”

“That’s not a fuckin’ hint?!” Freddy yelled and Brittany giggled.

“Think boys, you’ll figure it out,” she said and I scoffed.

“Whatever, I have to go to morning skate,” I said and then stood up and headed for my room, trying to figure out what Brittany meant by that.

-Haley-
“Come on, Laya!” I yelled from the front door and watched as my dog ran over towards me, we both needed to get out of this house before shit happened. My mom was getting on my nerves, she was in her controlling stage and trying to change things in my home and I was arguing with her because it was my place and she would have to deal with what I had up because I liked it and that’s all that mattered.

“Haley,” I heard when I closed my door, I turned my head and saw Tyler coming out of the elevator.

‘…Oh wow…’ I thought when I saw him coming in his dress suit, “Hey,” I said quietly, “I was just about to knock on your door.”

“What’s up?” he asked and got his keys out.

“I need to hide,” I said and he chuckled and nodded his head.

“Parents?”

“Yes,” I said and he smirked and opened the door and moved so that I could go in, “Thanks.”

“How many times have I hid at your place?” he asked and I giggled.

“Point taken,” I said and walked into the condo and watched as Laya ran in and disappeared, “Sorry about the loss,” I said, Tyler had his first preseason game tonight and they lost in a shootout against the Blues, “But nice goal.”

“You watched the game?” he asked as I plopped on his couch and watched as he took off his sports jacket and pulled his tie loose.

“Uh, yeah, between your game and the Cowboys game,” I said and he nodded his head.

“How’d they do?”

“Dallas lost in both hockey and football tonight, and by one point too!” I said and he chuckled and I gulped as I watched him walk over towards me and plop on the couch next to me, ‘…Stop thinking like this…’

“No Brittany?” he asked and I smirked.

“Both of our friends ditched us,” I said and Tyler laughed and I watched as Marshall ran over and jumped onto the couch, cuddling close to Tyler and I smiled and then watched when Laya came over.

“He knows when I lose a game,” Tyler said and I smiled and just watched.

“What are you doing tomorrow?” I asked suddenly, and then wishing I hadn’t.

“What?” he asked confused.

“Uh, tomorrow, I’ve got this stupid family event-“

“Need support?” he asked and I sighed and nodded my head, “Sure.”

“Really?” I asked, my eyes widened, “Thanks.”