Filles de Fleur

one

"Hey, I just saw your sister in the hallway." Pascal chuckled, bumping his starting goalies' shoulder as the group of teammates he was chatting with looked up at him surprised.

"My sister?" Flower asked and he nodded, "Which one?"

"The youngest one."

"Marylene?" Beau asked, glancing at his teammates for confirmation he had it right.

"No, Margaux is younger by a year." Sid corrected him as Marc-Andre headed for the locker room door, the rest of them following not far behind.

"Margaux!" He called out when he spotted her chatting with Dan Potash in front of the Pens TV crew, "What are you doing?"

"Did I mention I haven't told my brother yet." she chuckled, handing the mic she was holding to one of the producers before heading his way.

"What are you doing, Margaux?" he asked again, crossing his arms over his chest.

"She's the new host of Pens TV." Potash answered for her, smiling as he wrapped an arm around her shoulder and gave it a reassuring squeeze, "We were just doing an interview, I think we got everything we need. Thanks Margaux."

"No problem, Dan." she smiled at him before he waved goodbye and headed off with his crew.

"Why didn't you tell me you wanted a job with the team? I could've helped-"

"I didn't want your help. I wanted them to hire me because I was right for the job, not because my big brother is the starting goalie. Remember when you got Marylene an internship here, how it brought her more grief than good?" she argued and her brother sighed, nodding.

"Well, it'll be nice to have you around more. Estelle will love seeing her Aunty Mar everyday." he chuckled, wrapping her in a hug, "When's Rick moving down?"

"He's not, he's moving to Vancouver with the flight attendant he's been staying with on his 'layovers'." she admitted and more than one jaw dropped.

"He's an idiot." Sidney assured her, shaking his head and Margaux smiled faintly at him in thanks.

"I for one am glad that dickhead decided to stop being so selfish keeping you all to himself." Tanger winked and Flower shot him a glare as Margaux chuckled, shaking her head.

"If only Catherine would be so kind."

"Margaux, as always lovely to see you." Coach Dan nodded, smiling as he approached the group.

"You too, Coach."

"I hear congratulations are in order." he smirked, "Gentlemen, we have a practice to get to."

"Where are you staying?" Sidney asked as Dan headed for the locker room, the rest of his teammates not far behind.

"The team put me up at the Westin, but I'm actually about to go see a girl about an apartment." Margaux smirked, "Don't worry about me captain, I can take of myself."

"I don't doubt you can't." he chuckled shaking his head as he wrapped her in a quick hug, "I'll see you around." Sidney watched her walk away for a moment before heading back to get changed for practice.

There were few things Sidney still wanted at 26 that he'd dreamed about at 16. He was drafted 1st overall, he won the Stanley Cup, he won two Olympic gold, but the one thing that had always eluded him was Margaux Fleury.

A small part of him was relieved that her fiancee had fucked up, an even smaller part felt guilty he was happy about something that had caused her pain, the rest of him was determined not to let this chance to land the girl of his dreams pass him by.

"So, Margaux leaving her fiancee to move to Pittsburgh and work for your team, I'm not sure the stars could've lined up any straighter for you, Sid." Pascal smirked as he settled into his stall.

"Shut up Dupper."

Image


Sylvie just blushed as she looked at the television screen, watching Beau smile that perfect smile. She couldn’t help but feel her heart start palpitating as she watched the replay of his first goal, getting lost in those baby blue eyes. She was broken from her trance by knocking on the door and jumped slightly. She hopped up, her bun bouncing as she jogged to the door. She then threw it open, beaming when she saw her sister in law Margaux.

“Hello my dear!” She giggled, hugging the older girl tightly. But then she remembered why Margaux was here and winced. “How’s… everything?” Margaux smiled, shrugging.

“I’m just glad it’s over.” Sylvie nodded, biting her lip.

“Well I’d give you some advice but…” She shrugged before both girls laughed, Margaux slinging an arm around the petite young woman.

“Don’t worry my dear little Sylvie, with me around, I’ll make sure to get you un homme sexy.” Sylvie chuckled awkwardly, rubbing the back of her neck as the two walked into the living room.

“So it’ pretty small, but there’s definitely room for two. Marc wanted to make sure I wasn’t living in a dorm, you know how he is with all that, so he-”

“Is that Beau?” Margaux interrupted. Sylvie flushed before grabbing the remote, flipping off the screen as fast as she could.

“It was just on.” She lied, her cheeks flushed. Margaux just smirked, looking at the young, flustered woman.

“You like him.”

“Even if I did, Marc would never let me do anything about it.” Sylvie said, sighing sadly. “You know how he is.” She then did her best to imitate her brother in law, crossing her arms and puffing her chest out. “The only man in the NHL who I would ever permit you dating is Corey Crawford because he can treat a woman right! But you don’t live in Chicago, so I guess you are just going to have to hang out with me.” Margaux chuckled at the feeble attempt.

“You know, if you ever want me and Marylene to talk to him-”

“No, he’s just being a defensive big brother because Veronique kind of asked him too. They’re just trying to help.”

“Smothering isn’t helping. They keep this up you’re not even going to know how to talk to a man.” Margaux laughed. “But trust me, I’m going to give you the best tips.” She then clapped her hands together. “Now, which room is mine?”

“Oh right, it’s uh, right down here.” She walked Margaux around the living room to a set of narrow stairs, a door at the bottom and another at the top. “I live up there, so this would be your room.” She said, jiggling the handle before the door squeaked open to a good sized room with a half bathroom.

“Well, if you ever bring a boy over, let me know in advance because I’m going to hear everything if you don’t.” Margaux laughed. Sylvie turned scarlet, clearing her throat awkwardly as she rubbed the back of her neck. “So, let’s talk about Beau.”

“Or not.” She muttered.

“Come on, you’re the same age, in the same city, he plays for Marc, and you’re both single. Just talk to him.”

“What, so Marc can give him The Talk?” She sighed falling back against the wall. “If having the entire team as backup isn’t scary enough the whole, “You want to date her, you better plan to marry her” will be for sure.”

“Oh yes, The Talk.” Margaux sighed. “Every man gets it.”

“No kidding. Beau would run out of here as fast as his feet would carry him.” Her dark eyes studied the carpet for a moment as Margaux simply looked at her, chewing her lower lip.

“Well, if I’m going to move in, I’d better get some help.” She said suddenly. “How about you make some of those delicious little cookies for the guys and I’ll go get them?”

“Alright.” Sylvie said, her eyes still far away as Margaux turned towards the door.

“And Sylvie?” She finally looked up.

“Yeah?”

“You might want to turn the game off before they get here.”

“Oh.” She said, flushing. “Right.” With that Margaux made her way towards the front door, opening a new text to Kris Letang.

Tanger, if you guys aren’t too dead after practice, Sylvie and I could use some help moving me into her place! She hadn’t even put her phone away when she got a reply, remembering Tanger was out for the rest of the season, but still came to practices to support the guys.

Sure thing Margaux ;)

And Tanger? Make sure Beau’s there.

Why?

You’ll see, See you soon! With that she put her phone away, knowing Sylvie would thank her later.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello you beautiful people!
Meg and I are so excited to start this
and we hope you'll love it!
Thank you so much for reading
And we'd love to hear your thoughts

oxoxoxoxox
Ashlee & Meg