Filles de Fleur

thirteen

“Get out of bed lazy bones!” Margaux shouted as she hopped on her little sister.

“Friday is my one weekday without classes, why on earth are you waking me up?” Sylvie grumbled, trying to shove Margaux off of her.

“We’re having a sister day!” Vero beamed with excitement.

“Now get out of bed before we miss 10 am yoga.” Marylene chuckled as Margaux rolled off the bed and Sylvie begrudgingly slipped out after her.

“Did I mention I booked us all massages and manicures afterwards? My treat?” Margaux smirked as the youngest girl perked up a bit, “But you gotta earn it, so go get dressed, we’ll be in the kitchen making breakfast.”

Sidney sighed, glancing over at his alarm clock as he reached for his buzzing phone. So much for one day of sleeping in.

He swiped the screen as Marylene’s name popped up.

Sorry it’s early, but you need to see this.

He clicked on the attached video and smiled as he settled back against the pillows, watching Sylvie and Margaux dancing around in the apartment’s kitchen, he couldn’t believe how effortlessly beautiful Mar looked in a pair of short pajayma shorts and a tank top, hair a bed head mess of curls - as they sang along to some boy band.

“You look so perfect standing there in my American Apparel underwear. And I know now, that I'm so down. I made a mixtape straight out of '94, I’ve got your ripped skinny jeans lying on the floor, and I know now, that I'm so down. Hey!”

Margaux tipped her head back laughing as they clapped along to the song’s build up, rocking out as Vero shook her head, clucking as she flipped something on the stove.

Sidney’s heart throbbed in his chest as he stared at her smiling face before the camera turned away and Marylene came into view.

“I haven’t seen my sister this happy in…God knows how long, and I have a feeling I have you to thank.” She whispered before the video ended and he sighed contently as he tossed the phone back onto the nightstand.

He hadn’t been this happy in God knows how long.

He couldn’t wait to see Margaux tonight, he was finally going to do something he should’ve done years ago. It was time for him to own up to his own near miss declaration of love.

“Maybe pancakes before yoga was a bad idea.” Vero chuckled, shaking her head as the four filles de fleur walked out of the studio into the lobby of X Shady Side fitness.

“Pancakes are never a bad idea.” Sylvie bumped her sisters shoulder as they shared a “too true” glance.

“Hey look! Zumba’s about to start!” Margaux beamed, pointing at the schedule board.

“Are you sure you want to do Zumba…in that?” Vero asked skeptically glancing over at her sister-in-law’s work out attire. She looked like she belonged on Sidney’s arm in a Reebook ad, wearing their ZQuick line head to toe in a matching sports bra and bootie shorts.

“It’s a gym, what’s wrong with what I’m wearing?” Margaux asked and Vero shook her head.

“Nothing, but I can at least tell Marc I tried when someone recognizes you and your picture ends up on the girlfriend forum.” she chuckled, shaking her head as she glanced at the schedule, “I think I’m going to skip Zumba, Pilates sounds more my speed.”

“Mine too.” Sylvie piped up as Marylene shrugged.

“Alright, well, we’ll meet you at the smoothie bar after class?”

Margaux sighed as they went their separate ways after agreeing to meet up at the smoothie bar once their classes were over in an hour, “Am I the only one who feels like we’re never going to get passed this?”

“Passed what?” Marylene frowned as Margaux shrugged.

“I feel like it’s still the Fleruy’s and the LaRose’s. I live with Sylvie and I’m never going to be as close to her as Vero is.”

“She probably feels the same way about you and me.” Marylene bumped her little sister’s shoulder, “And it’s because you aren’t. We’re a tight knit family, but some of us are always going to be closer than others.” Marylene smirked, throwing her arm around Margaux’s neck, “I miss having a work out buddy! There’s nobody to Zumba with me in Montreal now.”

“I have been so unmotivated without you kicking my ass.” Margaux whined in agreement as they headed into the Zumba studio.

“Well, at least you have the Captain to give you a good work out.” Margaux blushed as her sister giggled.

“We haven’t…” Marylene’s jaw dropped as Margaux looked anywhere but at her sister.

“Seriously? After ten years-“

“A week-“ Margaux protested.

“Ten years.” Marylene persisted, rolling her eyes, “After ten years you two still haven’t acted on that insane chemistry?”

“I finally admitted I loved him for the first time on Tuesday, I’m sorry I didn’t immediately hop into bed with him.”

“You’re so cute.” Marylene chuckled as they ditched their water bottles at the back of the room and found a spot in front of the mirror.

Image


Sylvie gasped loudly, covering her mouth with her hands as Beau peppered her neck with kisses, her free hand gripped his dirty blonde hair, pulling at the short locks until he groaned loudly into her neck, making her shudder. He pulled away, cradling her face in his hand as he smiled at her, his hand ghosting over her bare stomach.

“You are so beautiful.” He murmured, running his thumb over her cheekbone. He felt her skin heat up beneath his hand as she blushed, her eyes wide. He chuckled at her shocked expression as the screams of gore drowned them out. He knew his neighbors would be complaining, but he wanted Sylvie to know that when it came to her, only the best would do. “What?” He asked as the woman in the movie begged to be saved as she froze to death.

“No one calls me beautiful but you.” She whispered, smiling softly. “I guess I still just get surprised.”

“Well then you obviously have never eavesdropped in the locker room.” Beau laughed, plopping down on his back and pulling her into his chest. “All Ollie can talk about is how you have the face of an angel.” They both busted out laughing at Beau’s terrible impression. He took the opportunity to roll onto his side, watching her huge smile, the way her eyes crinkled shut, trying to memorize every detail for when he was all alone at away games.

Finally she got a hold of her giggle fit and smiled, reaching up to touch his cheek. “Tu es mon ange Beau.” She murmured. He cocked an eyebrow at her and she started laughing again. “What will you do if I take you to Montreal to meet my parents? You’ll be helpless!”

“That’s what google translate if for.” He said, beaming at her. She rolled her eyes and turned to grabbed her dress when she felt his arm around her waist, making her shiver. “You really want me to meet your parents?”

“Oui.”,turning back to him. He was so close there wasn’t a breath of space between his chest and her back and it was making Sylvie dizzy. She loved that even these small, intimate moments could still make her blush as He let his hand slide down to her hip. “Don’t you want me to meet your parents?”

“Obviously.” He smiled. “They’ll be at the skate and Plate.” She blushed again before he rolled her onto her back. “But for now, let’s stop thinking about our parents, because I just want to think about you.” She blushed again, smiling as Beau crashed their lips back together.


“EARTH TO SYLVIE.” Sylvie jumped as Vero clapped loudly in front of her. She blinked several times before flushing bright red in embarrassment, feeling as though somehow her sister could read her mind.

“Did I doze off?” She asked quietly.

“No, but the class has been over for ten minutes and you’re still just sitting there.” Sylvie felt her face grow even hotter as Very smirked. “Got your boy toy on the brain?” Sylvie’s eyes shot up as Vero laughed. “Don’t worry, your secret is safe with me.”

“Thanks Vero.” Sylvie said, smiling as they stood and made their way outside. But as soon as Vero made sure there were no eavesdroppers, she smirked at her little sister.

“Sooooo what did you two do on your little movie date?” Sylvie flushed again, remembering Beau kissing her heatedly as he all but tore her dress off. She could still feel his rough, calloused hands everywhere…

“You know just… hung out.” She lied, terribly. Vero just shook her head, knowing once she got Sylvie home with some white wine the secrets would come tumbling out. But she sighed, turning to Sylvie.

“I just want you to be careful.” Vero muttered. “I can’t stand to see you in pain like that again.” Sylvie looked up in surprise before smiling, hugging her older sister tightly.

“Thank you Vero, I will.” Veronique smiled, keeping an arm around the young LaRose as they stepped out only to be greeted by a familiar blonde. Sylvie beamed, letting go of Vero and running to Beau at full speed.

“Nice to see you too.” He laughed as she tackled him.

“How did you know where I was?” He smiled, looking up as Margaux, who was smiling at them before Vero caught her in conversation. “A little birdie told me.” He then turned back to Sylvie, beaming as he took her hands in his. “I actually have to go practice for the Skate and Plate and was wondering if you’d like to come be my practice guest, since you’ll be at my table.”

“With your parents?” She asked, her eyes wide. Beau winced.

“You did say you wanted to meet them…” He tried. She bit her lip and he sighed, leaning down to kiss her cheek. “They’ll love you, I promise.”

“How do you know that?” He shrugged, opening the car door and helping her inside. He kissed her hand gently, looking into her eyes.

“Because who couldn’t love a girl like you?”

Image


“Can I talk to you for a moment, Sid?” Sidney glanced up at Jennifer Bullano, his eyebrows knitting together as he nodded and followed the team’s Director of Communications out of the locker room.

“What can I do for you, Jen?” he licked his lips as she stopped short in the players lounge and tapped the screen of the iPad mini she had in hand.

“Have you seen this?” she handed it over as Robin Thicke’s Blurred Lines started blaring from it’s speakers. Who hasn’t seen this video? he thought to himself, only to freeze when he realized it wasn’t the highly controversial music video.

The logo of X Shady Side Fitness was visible on the back wall of what looked like a dance studio, the blonde instructor obnoxiously shouting directions and encouragements at her students, and Sidney had no idea why he needed to see it - until he spotted her.

Margaux looked fit for the cover of Women’s Health or Self, unabashedly rocking it in the smallest gym clothes imaginable. The video was four minutes of body rolls, strutting, swaying hips, shimmying and provocatively bending over and Sidney had to dig deep into his emotionless, media robot persona to remain professional in front of Jen.

He swallowed hard as his girlfriend smiled over at Marylene, sometimes he swore they were having conversations without words when they looked at each other like that.

“This video hit the girlfriend forum an hour ago. Look how many views it has.” Jennifer frowned as Sidney glanced at the counter in the bottom corner.

7,727 views.

“The poster claims you are seeing Miss Fleury.” Jen glanced up at him expectantly.

“Which Miss Fleury?” he asked cautiously and she sighed.

“Of course, with my luck, it’s the provocatively dressed one who happens to be on the team’s payroll. So is it true?” she huffed and Sidney frowned.

“Would it be a problem if I said it was?”

“It wouldn’t be all that ideal, but no it wouldn’t technically be a problem.” she sighed, shaking her head and he smiled faintly.

“Thanks Jen.”

“Just doing my job Sid, I’ll make this go away if you make sure that girl is covered up at Skates and Plates tonight.”

“I’ll try my best.” he chuckled as she took back the iPad and headed back for her office. He headed back into the locker room to find Nealer, Botz, Geno, and Pauly crowded around Tanger’s phone.

“Damn, Captain.” James shook his head, “That is-“

“My little sister you’re talking about, fuck face.” Flower interrupted slapping James’ hat down over his eyes before snatching the phone out of Tanger’s hands and closing the video, “Remind me to buy her a whole new fitness wardrobe for her birthday.”

“I’ll go halfsies with you.” Sid chuckled, biting his tongue before he could mention the likelihood of her current one being added to her lingerie reserve.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so sorry this has taken so long!
I (Ashlee) have been having some internet difficulties
But we hope you liked the chapter!
And thanks for staying with us

oxoxoxoxoxox
Ashlee & Meg