Filles de Fleur

four

The thudding music and Beau’s magnificent eyes were making it hard for Sylvie to think as they sat hip to hip in a booth, Geno, Chris Kunitz, Ollie, and James Neal sitting with them. Seeing as she was no longer being hovered by her older brother, Ollie had almost taken the seat on her other side, but Geno had cut him off, whispering something about how no one survived a second talk from Marc. This didn’t seem to deter the young blonde however as he insisted on ordering her first drink, winking at her as the words ‘sex on the beach’ left his mouth.

“How did you even get in here?” Beau asked, leaning over so he wouldn’t have to yell.

“I know a guy who makes very convincing fake IDs.” He chuckled. “Besides, I’m not famous enough that people recognize me at the door yet.”

“They will though.” Sylvie said, smiling softly. Ollie looked at her and smirked, causing her face to flush. Beau chuckled, looking at her. If she would have looked up from her lap she would have seen the adoration in his blue eyes, but she didn’t. Ollie however, noticed, smiling at his older teammate before standing.

“Well, I think I’m going to go try my luck on the dance floor.” He laughed. “The accent usually reels these American girls in pretty fast.”

“And then the baby face will push them away again.” Geno laughed. “Fuck, you look ten years old, maybe.”

“Geno, watch the language, we have a lady present.” Beau laughed, setting his hand on her knee. Her heart stopped at the simple contact, her eyes flying up to meet his. When he saw how red her face was he winced, immediately retracting it and making her skin feel cold. She swallowed nervously, unable to get over how good his rough, warm palm had felt, and only making her flush more.

The rest of the guys had all noticed the exchange, and each quickly made excuses to leave before wandering off, grabbing their drinks from the waitress as she walked over. Sylvie blushed even harder when Beau didn’t scoot away, even though now they had the entire booth. He smiled as the waitress set their drinks down in front of them before quickly giving them some privacy. They both looked at each other for a long time, each one nervous before they both spoke, their words strangling out the others.

“Sylvie I-”

“Look Beau-”

They stopped after the mix up, both chuckling nervously. He then took a long drink from his beer, setting it down and letting out a deep breath. He knew he had to tell her, that if he didn’t let her know how badly he wanted her, all of her, that some other guy might swoop in. He swallowed nervously again, the words somehow refusing to leave his mouth. He came close, something like a strangled mutter escaping his lips before she put her hand on his arm.

They both felt a fire from the contact, Sylvie’s heart thudding so hard against her ribs it was causing her a good deal of pain. “It’s okay Beau, what is it?” She murmured, having to lean over and whisper in his ear so he could hear her. She meant it as an innocent gesture, but the feeling of her warm breath rolling down his neck was making him want to carry her into the bathroom and fuck her brains out against the wall. But he was a gentleman, so he just gripped his knees harshly.

“Sylvie.” He said, turning to her. He didn’t realize how close she was until the tips of their noses touched, causing them both to let out a small gasp. “I… I…” Her brown eyes were staring into his, and she was so close he could see every different shade of brown they held, from dark chocolate to auburn to caramel, and they seemed to be glittering just for him. It was hypnotizing, and between the look on her face, and those dark eyes, and her hand on his bicep, the pressure became too much. “I have to go to the bathroom.” He said, the words coming out in a jumbled mess as he stood, practically running out of the booth.

Sylvie just sat there, dumbfounded before falling back against her seat. She wondered if maybe her breath smelled bad, or up close Beau realized she wasn’t as pretty as he first thought. But either way, she’d run him off. So she simply grabbed her drink, taking a long drink and just wishing she would have stayed home.

Image


"Hey guys, Flower just walked in." Nealer frowned as Margaux looked towards the door, sighing.

"Tell Sylvie to hide out in the bathroom for a minute. Kris and I can distract him so she can make a clean getaway."

"Come on, Cheri." Tanger smirked, sliding his hand into Margaux's as he lead her out onto the dance floor.

"That can no be easy to watch." Geno frowned, nodding towards the dance floor at the two of them dancing below. His hands were on her waist, pulling her into his chest as they moved along to the beat of Timber by Pitbull.

"I keep telling myself he's married, but in this league that rarely means much."

"It mean very much in Pittsburgh. Penguins mate for life, no?" Geno chuckled, nudging his captain's shoulder as Sid chuckled, shaking his head.

"Let's hope you're right." Sidney looked back down at the pair as Kris brushed her hair over one shoulder and leaned in closer. Anger flared in Sidney as he watched the Frenchmen whispering something in her ear, her eyes flicking up to meet Sid's.

"Il vous aime." Kris whispered in her ear, her breath catching in her lungs as she looked up at Sidney staring down at them.

He loves you. The thought echoed in her mind as Tanger grabbed her waist, spinning her into him as he pressed his forehead against hers.

"Very much." he added, smirking as he cradled her cheek in the palm of his hand.

Margaux's heart pounded as Kris winked at her and nuzzled her neck with his nose, knowing exactly how it would look from the mezzanine.

God, she loved this game they played, Tanger's been like a best friend to her all these years, but any living, breathing straight woman would be mad not to find Kristopher Letang impossibly sexy.

Geno frowned seeing how much Tanger and Margaux bugged his captain and reached out, patting his back. Sidney sighed and nodded to his alternate captain as he looked away in time to spot Flower b-lining for where Beau was chatting with Bortuzzo.

"Where the fuck is my sister?" he asked, grabbing him by the shirt as Sidney made his way over, shoving the goalie off his teammate.

"Relax man, she's around here somewhere." I tried to reason with him, but he shook his head.

"Remind me to tell you that when Taylor gives you the slip to party with your teammates." he hissed as Sid's jaw clenched at the idea.

"She's over here." Nealer called and Flower rushed over, looking to where his teammate was pointing as his heart dropped into the pit of his stomach.

"What the hell is wrong with that girl." he growled, storming off as Sidney sighed in relief.

"Brace yourself." Kris chuckled, pressing his lips to her jaw as his best friend crossed the dance floor towards them.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?" Marc asked, grabbing Margaux's shoulder as he pulled her away from their fellow Frenchmen.

"What's your problem?" Margaux shouted as he look between the two of them bewildered.

"What's my problem? My little sister is making a fool of herself with my married best friend, that's my problem! This isn't a game, Margaux, they have a child together."

"I think she'd be a good stepmom." Tanger flashed that wolfish grin of his and Margaux bit back a laugh as Marc saw red.

"You think this is funny? If Catherine saw what you two were just doing, she'd take Alex and be back in Montreal before you could say honey, I'm sorry. There's a reason I've always told you to stay away from her-"

"And that would be?" Margaux snapped at him and he sighed.

"You've always had…an effect on my teammates, Mar. It's bad enough Sid's been hung up on you all these years. By the time I realized he was, he was too far gone for me to help, but I thought I could nip it in the bud with Tanger."

"You think Sid is hung up one me?" Margaux asked, biting her lip as he brother sighed, admitting defeat.

"Nearly as much as you're hung up on him."

Margaux looked back up at the mezzanine to find Sidney watching them again.

"Told you so." Tanger chuckled and Marc looked at him confused.

"We were just trying to bug you, man. There's nothing going on between the two of us." Kris smirked as Flower shoved him, "Did you really expect me to cheat on my wife? Seriously!"

Margaux slipped away while the two of them bickered and made her way back up to the VIP mezzanine.

"Your plan worked, Beau slipped Sylvie out the back." Sid chuckled as she smiled at him.

"Good, he's already embarrassed Sylvie enough for one night." she shook her head, biting her lip, "While Tanger's got his attention, do you want to sneak out here too?"

"Let's go."

She slid her hand in his and he smiled despite himself as he lead the way back out to his Ranger Rover outside. He opened her door for her and she slid inside, hopped across the console and held her hand out for his keys.

"If I let you drive, you'll take me home. Hand them over." she chuckled and Sid smiled wider, fishing them out of his pocket and tossing them to her.

She drove up to Mt Washington and once again slipped her hand in Sidney's as the wandered around, enjoying the view of the city lights across the river until they stopped short in front a group of buskers.

"Now, you're giving sexy a whole new name. Yeah what I'm feeling is hard to explain; I'm thinking we're overdue, and I bet it all on you. I don't care where we sleep tonight, I don't care if it's in or outside. You know what to do, make a move."

Sidney's heart jumped against his ribs in surprise, feeling like they were reading his mind.

"You could throw away your phone, make believe that we're all alone. I'm talking to you, make a move, 'cause I'm ready."

Margaux bit her lip, glancing up at Sid, biting back a laugh at the wide eyed look on his face. She leaned up on her toes and pressed her lips to his cheek. He turned to look down at her surprised as she smiled up at him reassuringly, reaching up and brushing the spot her lips had touched with the palm of her hand. He smiled back, leaning in as his free hand slipped under her hair, cradling the back of her neck.

"I'm aware of what you've gone through, not afraid to say I've fallen for you. If you need someone to talk to I've got the time."

Her heart felt like it was about to pound right out of her chest as he stopped short, leaning his forehead against hers, smiling shyly at her as those chocolate brown eyes met hers in close proximity.

"Are you sure you want this?" He asked, praying she'd say yes.

"You have no idea how long I've wanted this." she whispered, feeling the weight of her confession ten years too late lift off her shoulders as he crashed his lips into hers, dropping her hand so he could wrap his arm around her waist, pulling her closer as his heart rate skyrocketed.

He should've done this long ago - ten years ago - he should've spotted her as he was coming out of the team Canada dressing room, walked right up to her and kissed her, instead of telling her about his outfit choices.

Sidney tried to put a number on the ten years of kissing Margaux he missed out on and vowed to make up every one given the chance.

"I don't care where we sleep tonight, I don't care if it's in or outside. You know what to do, make a move."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello hello!
Sorry this update took longer than normal, technical issues.
Thank you so much for reading
And we'd love to hear your thoughts!

oxoxoxoxox
Ashlee & Megs