Filles de Fleur

nine

"I kid you not, they were cuddling when I came back to let them out." Tanger chuckled, shaking his head as he held open the locker room door for Margaux, "They're hiding up in the cheap seats as we speak."

"Hopefully making out like the foolish kids they are."

"I'm just glad that didn't back fire on you two." Sidney shook his head as Margaux and Kris rolled their eyes, "Nothing would get you fired," he glanced from the girl of his dreams to his teammate, "and you traded faster than harassing players."

"Please, Sunshine would be outta here before I would. I'm Varlamov, he's Downie." Tanger smirked, patting Sid's shoulder as he walked off to his stall.

"Just relax, Beau wanted us to help so we did." Margaux sighed, rubbing Sidney's back as she gave his forearm a squeeze.

"I only have so much sway here, Margaux and they're a lot more lenient on the players pulling pranks than the media. Why do you think Potash just takes all their shit?" he hissed and she sighed, leading him back out of the locker room. She pushed him up against the wall and cupped his face in her palms, making him look at her.

"You need to calm down, Crosby.” she chuckled, shaking her head, "We weren't pulling a prank, we were just forcing them to talk it out. I know my footing is more precarious than the rest of the media given who I am, that I'm so much closer to the team personally and they will be far less lenient on me if anything happened. I don't expect special treatment because my big brother is the starting goaltender and the captain is my boyfriend, I don't want it either."

"Boyfriend?" Sid asked, smiling slightly and Margaux rolled her eyes.

"Really? That's what you got from all that?" she chuckled as he wrapped his arms around her waist and spun them around, pressing her against the wall and his body flush to hers. She smiled as he kissed her, wrapping her arms around his neck as someone cleared their throat. Sidney jumped two steps back in surprise and Margaux chuckled as he started to blush.

"Now that's just gross." Marc-Andre sighed, shaking his head as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"Oh come on, like you and Vero have never-"

"She's my wife." he raised his eyebrows and Margaux smirked.

"We've only been together four days, give us a few months." she winked and Sidney giggled, not expecting her to say that as Marc rolled his eyes.

"Vero wants to have you two over for dinner tonight, if you don't already have any plans?" he asked and Margaux glanced up at Sidney who smiled, nodding.

"We'd love to." she smiled at her big brother as she wrapped her arm around Sidney's waist. His automatically wrapped around her shoulder and Marc wondered if he was this in your face about his love for Veronique.

“Seven o'clock." Marc's words echoed from another voice down the hall and he turned to see Beau leaning into kiss Sylvie.

"What the hell do you think you're doing, Sunshine?" He barked and they jumped apart in surprise.

"Marc-" Margaux cautioned him and he turned to flash her a stern look.

"This is none of your business-"

"It's none of yours either." she protested and he scoffed at her.

"Sylvie is my little-"

"She's my little sister too! And if she wants to date one of the guys I work with, it's none of my business." Margaux shook her head and he opened his mouth to protest, "One universe, eight planets, 204 countries, seven billion people, and nobody asked your opinion, Marc."

"Come on, let's give them a minute to work out the details of their date." Sidney insisted and Marc's jaw dropped, "Come on Flower, locker room. Captain's orders."

"You've got to be kidding me!" he protested as Margaux shoved him towards the double doors and Sylvie flashed her sister a thankful smile.

"How are you okay with this?" he demanded turning to Margaux as Sidney closed the doors behind them.

"Because I set it up." Margaux smirked and his heart dropped, "You have to be blind not to have seen the way she looks at that kid, Marc."

"Just because I saw it doesn't mean I have to like it." he sighed and she smiled, wrapping him in a hug.

"Beau's a good kid, just be grateful it was him, and not some old creep like Bortz or Nealer." she chuckled as James wiped around to look at her.

"I resent being called on old creep!" he shouted, "I prefer to be called a veteran player."

"Tell it to someone who'll at least pretend to care." she rolled her eyes and spotted Beau sneaking into the locker room. He flashed her a thankful smile and she shrugged slightly, glad to have helped.

“So, since we don’t need to be at your brother’s until seven-“ Sidney smirked, wrapping his arms around her waist as Marc turned to gather his gear.

“I have a lot of video editing left to do since someone insisted on taking me out for a long lunch.”

“Remember when I said I has some sway around here? I’m sure I could work something out to get that done for you.” he chuckled and she rolled her eyes as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

“Don’t be a loser, I can do it. What did you have in mind, Captain?”

“Absolutely anything you want.” he shrugged and she shook her head, leaning up to give him a kiss.

“Come find me after practice, we’ll figure something out then alright?” she asked and he smiled, nodding as he let her go. She turned to leave the locker room, but didn’t make it too far.

"You, I need have little talk, sit."

Margaux giggled as a pair of strong arms wrapped around her waist, pulling her into the Russian's lap without a pause for her to do so on her own.

"Geno-"

"No talk, listen Flower girl." he shook his head and she sighed, letting him speak, "You love Sid, da?"

"Da." she chuckled and he smiled, Margaux's a lot like Flower, always smiling, always laughing.

"We all love Sid, we want him happy, you make him over moon happy." she smiled as the Russian properly smiled at her, eyes crinkling, "I think he love you more than hockey, but I no say to you, da?"

"Da." she nodded, leaning into his chest as he wrapped her in a hug.

This was Margaux's favourite part of having a hockey player for a brother, having thirty hockey players as brothers. Watching the boys on this team come and go and grow into the men they are today is the biggest perk of the life style.

It honestly feels like she grew up with Sidney and Kristopher and Geno and Jordy; for the better part of the last decade, they learned from each other's mistakes and celebrated each other's biggest successes like the little family the Pens are.

“Now go, work need be done before date.”

Image


Beau felt like he was on top of the world as he looked at Sylvie sitting in the stands during practice. He couldn’t stop smiling like an idiot as she blushed, waving shyly. After their talk he’d snuck her into the bleachers and kissed her until his lips were sore, and held her until he could still feel her in his arms when she walked away. She caught his stare and her cheeks turned an even darker shade of red, her eyes falling into her lap. He sighed, pressing his lips together as he leaned on his stick, ignoring the men skating around him.

He had hoped the two of them would have gotten past their awkwardness of their drunken night together, they had seemed fine in the cheap seats. But as she pressed her lips together tightly, unable to meet his eyes, he knew something was still bothering her. He was about to skate over to comfort her when Maatta’s loud voice drew his attention away.

“If you’re going to take her in the rink, just give us a few moments to get off the ice!” Beau felt his fist clench as he spun around to see Ollie chuckling with Neal and Orpick. He turned back to see Sylvie hurrying off, her face scarlet as she hugged herself. His vision turned red as he shot towards the handsome defenseman. He threw his gloves to the ground, getting in the blonde’s face.

“Don’t talk about her like that.” He hissed. Maatta’s eyes grew huge as Beau snarled at him. Ollie just held his hands up in surrender as Beau stood back up, his eyes still narrowed. His eyes snapped back over when he felt a gaze on him. He looked over his shoulder to see Marc-Andre standing beside Sylvie, who had a hand over her mouth in shock. Marc was saying something to her, but all Beau saw was that stunned look. He ignored Sidney and the others as he skated over to the door, throwing it open and following her as she hurried out.

He waited until they were alone in the hallway before he grabbed her shoulder, turning her around. She just hugged herself, keeping her eyes on the ground until he tipped her chin up so she couldn’t avoid him. “Hey.” He murmured. “What’s wrong?”

“You’re going to get in trouble for that, aren’t you?”

“For leaving practice?”

“For yelling at Ollie.” She whispered. Beau’s small smile fell as he reached out, cradling her face in his hand. “I don’t want you to get in trouble for me.” She whispered, looking into his eyes. He blushed lightly before giving her a small, soft kiss.

“You’re well worth it babe.” He cooed. She blushed, but a smile pulled at her plump lips before Beau kissed them again. “Now, how about you go bother Margaux and I’ll deal with your fan boy?” She giggled at that as he pulled her in again, giving her another tight squeeze. Things between them might take a while to get completely back to normal because of what happened, but Sylvie was worth the wait. He kissed her forehead, giving her another tight squeeze.

“You need to get back on the ice Romeo.” She giggled when he didn’t let go. He shrugged, smirking wickedly at her. She laughed, pushing him away and spinning him in the direction of the door. He laughed as she gave him a gentle shove.

“If you’re that eager to get rid of me.” He teased.

“I’ll see you in a few hours. Now go teach them how you really play hockey.” He laughed, turning to give her another kiss which she answered with another shove.

“Trying to get me out of your life.” He moaned. She laughed at that, her eyes sparkling as she laughed.

“You wish.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Looks like everything is finally starting to fall into place for Sylvie and Beau and Sidney and Margaux.
But how long will it last?
We'd love to hear your thoughts!
As always, thanks so much for reading

oxoxoxoxox
Ashlee & Meg