Legends

13

Jimmy took Romane away from Daniel. Brian stood there, looking at her.

"She's really cute."

Brian's jaw clenched. "I'm okay with you being here, not with you talking to me."

"Oh, the Great Synyster Gates is jealous."

Brian didn't even answered. He knew it was useless.

"I can see why you like her, honestly. She's great. And holy shit, she's good in bed."

Brian closed his eyes trying to stay calm. You know he is just trying to make you mad.

"It's hard to believe that a girl, as cute and shy as her can be so naughty in bed. And she's really flexible."

Brian tried to breath. He's lying, he just want to hurt you. There's no way they had done it.
"Oh, and Rory said to tell you she said hi."

Brian's fist clenched.

Daniel had a little laugh. "You're really shit at any relationship, after all. Girls like you for sex, and nothing more. Everything else in you is uninteresting, useless. Girls who wants relationship come to us, and you know it. You don't know how many times Rory said how great you were in bed but how shit you were at every other levels."

Brian tried his best to not punch Daniel. He knew Romane wouldn't like it. He hated him. He hated him with everything he had. And right now, he hated how right he was.

"You don't even have a chance against me. Romane already choose me." That was too much. Brian turned to him and punched him.

Brian punched him in the face, then on the side.

He felt Matt trying to hold him back from punching that guy. But he escaped Matt's arms and kicked Daniel. He heard someone screaming next to him. He turned around, his fist risen. His eyes met Romane's ones. Hers widened with fear. Pure fear. He understood he was the one terrorizing her. His hand fell to his side. She was scared of him. He stepped in her direction, to calm her, to show her he wasn't scary. But she stepped back. To stay away from him. His hands were shaking. His head dropped as he looked at his feet.

She moved to Daniel, trying to see if he was okay.

She was inspecting his side, where Brian had kicked, when Brian's eyes met Daniel's face. He had a sly smirk on his feature. His smile and eyes were screaming 'I've won'.

Once again the story was the same. He felt numb.

You're stupid, Brian. You know why you never get involved with girls. You know it.

He walked away from the two, from the house. He walked on the streets to calm himself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Romane helped Daniel to walk inside, once Ted agreed with that. He laid down on the couch. She was worried about him, even of she knew it was nothing serious.

"Are you okay? Does it hurt?"

He nodded. It seemed to really hurt.

"What happened?" She asked with a worried frown.

"I don't know... I was there, while Jimmy took you away, and then Brian started insulting me, and shits. I tried to stand up for myself, but he started punching without a reason..."

It doesn't look like Brian at all. Why did he get angry like that?

"I'm sorry" she whispered as she hugged him.

He just smiled widely.

"Romane, can I talk to you?" Val asked as she walked inside the room.

Romane looked at Daniel. He nodded with a gentle smile. Val wanted to puke at his smile.

She took Romane's hand and lead her to the guest bedroom.

They sat down on the bed.

"You probably don't know why I took you here."

Romane shook her head.

"I think you deserve to know, and since Brian don't have enough balls to tell you, I decided to do it."

"What are you talking about?" Romane whispered.

"Let me explain. It all started with Brian Sr and George. They were quit the opposite. Brian was the musician type, and girls liked him for that. But George was the perfect guy, popular, rich, and all. All the girls Brian wanted to be with, ended up with George. Brian did his best to always stole George's girlfriend. It was like a war between the two. Samantha met him a little after that, and she had never let George get her, even if he's still trying. But George's two sons want exactly the same as their father: make sure Brian's sons aren't happy. We were in high school, when we discovered it. Bri wasn't who he is now. He was a kind guy, funny. He hook up with girls time to time. And one day, he fell in love. His first love. Rory. She was great. After a while they started seeing each other. She didn't want people to see them at school, it was embarrassing her, so he agreed to act like friends at school and to be her boyfriend just at home. He was young and innocent. After two month of being together, and when Brian was head over heels for Rory, Matt saw her kissing Andrew, George's son. We discovered that she had been with Andrew since three months. And Brian had always been the second men. Andrew told Bri he went with Rory right after he saw that Brian liked her. And Rory helped him break his heart. The two of them were just playing with Brian's feeling."

"That's awful..." roman whispered.

Val nodded. "After that Brian became who you know. Having sex with as much girls as he can. Daniel is Andrew's little brother. That's why no one was really happy to see him."

Romane stayed silent. It can explain why Brian had punch Daniel without a reason. But Daniel's different, he's really gentle.

Val put her hand on her shoulder.

The two walked back downstairs.

"Daniel, I think you should go home before something too serious happens." Val said.

Daniel nodded, and took his phone. Romane came next to him to look at his black eye.

He called someone to take him back.

"She's gonna be there in five minutes." Romane nodded. "Thanks for taking care of me, Romane."

"It's nothing, Daniel"

He stroked her cheek. She blushed a deep red. "You're the best." She blushed even more. "We should hang out, some day."

She smiled. She was happy that someone wanted to be with her.

They heard shouting outside. Romane frowned. Then she heard someone opening the door. She turned around and saw a girl. She was stunning. Tall, with brown eyes, dark hair. She had red lipstick. She was wearing a skinny jeans and a black top.

She walked to Daniel.

"Wow, it look serious. Come with me to the car, Danny."

He nodded. Romane helped him to stand up, then to walk to the car. Everyone was staring at them. She helped Daniel to sit on the passenger sit. The girl put a hand on her shoulder.

"I'm glad Daniel have some like you to take care of him." Then she hugged Romane.

Romane blushed, and didn't know what to do.

"Get your hands off her, Rory."

It was Brian. He had a dark voice. Full of anger. But he was calm. And it was even more scary.

Rory obeyed, and pulled away from Romane.

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

"I just came to take Daniel back home. After you fucking punched him! At least she was there for him!"

"She has nothing to do with that! Leave her alone."

"She has everything to do with that! You punched him because your a jealous prick! You just can't stand them being together!"

Romane was staring at Brian. She saw the hurt in his eyes. She wanted to say they weren't together but before she could, Rory spoke.

"You're such a pussy. You're as useless as you have ever been." She had a dry laugh. "Don't ask yourself why she choose Danny."

Brian didn't know what to say. He couldn't say she was wrong, because it would means tell Romane he didn't felt anything for her. And he didn't wanted that. But he couldn't admit how right she was.
Before he could answer, she was in the car and started it.

Brian walked to his room. He wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone. He wanted to be alone.
Romane stayed outside, she didn't know what to do. She knew Brian wanted to be alone, but she wanted to go see how he was. She wasn't sure of anything that had happened. Rory had suggest that Brian had feelings for her... was it true? What would she do if it was?

After a while, she slipped away from the party, and walked to Brian's room. She knocked. No one answered. Slowly she opened the door. No one was inside. She frowned. Where is he? I need to talk to him...

She walked downstairs, to the instruments' room. She heard a guitar, inside. Slowly, she opened the door.

Brian's back was facing her. She recognized the song: Hollywood Whore, by Papa Roach. She smiled. She walked to him, and took a guitar. She went to him. His eyes were closed. She sat in silence. Then started playing with him.

His eyes shot open. He started at her. They were playing the chorus, so she started singing.

Hollywood whore,
Passed out on the floor,
Can't take it no more,
I'm sorry but the party's over.
The talk of the town,
Is she's going down.
I'm sorry but the party's over NOW.


He smiled.

Awake by noon, drunk by 4.
Sucked up in the show biz.
You're so lame,
You're such a bore,
I wanna kick your teeth in.
Plastic smile,
To match your style
We can tell you got a face lift.
You're so vain, oh so vile,
You're a number one hit.


He smiled to her as they played.

At the end of the song, they stayed in silence for a while.

"I like that song." she smiled.

"It suits Rory."

The silence was back.

"Wanna talk?" Brian finally asked. She nodded.

They walked to his room. And sat on the bed.

The silence was awkward. Brian was the one to break it.

"I'm sorry."

"Why?" She whispered.

"It should have been your night, and I ruined it. Sorry."

She looked at him. He wasn't looking at her. "It's nothing don't worry Brian."

He had a small smile. He turned his head to her.

"Are you..." he didn't finish his sentence. He looked away. "Are you with him?"

She stayed silent. Do I have feelings for him? Maybe a little. Do I want to be with him?

"No" she whispered.

He stared at her, trying to understand something.

"Why did you punched him?"

"What did he told you?"

She stayed silent. Daniel wouldn't have lied to me... right? "That you punched him after insulting him..." the more she thought about it, the less she believed in it.

"That son of a bitch" Brian whispered. "He was there, trying his best to piss me off, until I couldn't hold it anymore. And I'm sorry for... for scaring you. I... I didn't want that. Really."

"It's my fault, I know you wouldn't hurt me. "

She just wanted to know what could have made Brian get mad so fast.

"What did he said?" She whispered.

He stayed silent. "Do you like him?"

She blushed. "He's sweet..." she whispered even lower than before.

Brian was staring at the wall. "You're not gonna like it." He took a deep breath and closed his eyes. "He said he found you cute. Then he said..." Brian's jaw clenched. "He said you were 'so good in bed'."
Romane's eyes went wide. "But we've never..."

"I know" Brian let his back fell to the bed, his hands under his head. "Then he said how bad I was at relationship, and how girls just wanted sex with me, because I couldn't do anything else." He couldn't help but feel angry at how right Daniel was. And he was hurt because of that. It was the reason why he would never be with her. He looked at her with a sad smile. He knew she knew. She smiled back, with a really sad smile. They were meant to do different things. He wasn't made for relationship, as much as she wasn't made for nightstand. The two of them knew it. They also knew it meant not being more than friends.

"Sorry" he whispered.

She stayed silent. An awkward silence filled the room. They stayed still, uncomfortable, but not knowing what to do.

Brian broke the silence, clearing his throat.

"I'm sorry you get involved in all of that shit."

"It's okay."

They fell one more time in an uncomfortable silence.

"What are you gonna do with Daniel?" He asked after several minutes of silence.

She looked at her hands, and stared at it, for a long time.

"Staying friends I guess."

Brian nodded. At least she don't want to be with him.

She was staring at the wall. He gazed at her, inspecting every detail he could see. He closed his eyes at the idea of her in someone else's arms. But they didn't wanted the same thing.

But why did it had to be so hard to accept?

"I'm gonna go home." She whispered, standing up. He smiled and waved at her, as she walked away from him. There isn't gonna be an us.

Could he start a relationship with her? He knew he couldn't. He wasn't made for it. He didn't know what to do, how to act. Girls were never okay with how guys were. If the guy was too romantic he was a fag in most's eyes. If he wasn't enough, he was an asshole. He didn't like people looking at him, and judging him. He always act so confide, and as if he didn't give shit about anything, so people couldn't reach him.

And he couldn't let his mask fall. Not even for her. What would he do after? How would he act? He hated not knowing where he was going. He needed to know where he was going, to know how to act and react.

But he didn't want to loose her. He wanted her close to him. And he really didn't like that feeling.
He stared at the ceiling.

You should move on.
♠ ♠ ♠
I was listening to so many sad songs while writing this, so sorry, if it seems weird.
I know the last two or three chapters are shorter than usually, but since I've posted 3 chapter in less than 3 days, i guess i'm forgiven :)
Have a good Day!