Legends

15

Everything written in this color is said in french.

***

Matt walked to the door, and opened it.

Outside was an elder woman. She had black dyed hair. They reached her shoulder. She had blue eyes. She was smiling gently to him.

"Is Romane Vincent here?" She asked.

Matt nodded. "Can I see her?" Matt stepped out the way to let her in. He closed the door behind her, and yelled at Romane that someone was here for her.

Matt and the woman walked in the 'living room' at the same time Romane walked out of the back lounge. Romane froze when she saw her.

The woman smiled. "Long time, no see, hum?" She had a gentle smile on her face.

Everyone was looking at them. Wondering what it meant.

"How have you been?"

Romane stayed silent. She was strange. But no one really understood why.

"You forget politeness?" Even if the sentence could be rough, she said it with a gentle voice, so it wasn't rough at all. More like an adult talking to a child.

Romane shook her head, and whispered " N-no, you can sit if you want." Her whisper was different from usually. It wasn't because she was shy that she whispered. But why? Brian didn't know. Romane sat down next to him. He didn't know what to do so he just put his arm behind her back. The woman sat in front of them, still smiling.

"I see you have a boyfriend." It wasn't even a question.

Romane didn't answer.

"I guess you've been good for the last years."

Brian noticed that Romane's eyes followed every of the woman's move. They weren't on her feet like usually.

"You've lost your tongue?" She smiled. Since Romane didn't say a word, she continued. "Or you just don't want to admit you're not good with your dad?" Her was tilted to her side, as if she was wondering .

"Why are you here?" Romane said. It wasn't a whisper. She was looking at the woman, not in her eyes, but not at her feet.

"I just wanted to see you! I've missed you!"

Romane's head shot up. Her eyes were wide, with hope. "Really?" This time it was a whisper.

"Yeah! I want you to come back to me."

Romane's face half fell. She didn't seem to know what to do, how to react.

"I want us to be as it had always be. I know your dad isn't taking care of you as I did."

Romane's face completely fell. Her eyes were full of hurt and sadness.

"Why are you here?" She asked a second time.

"I've just tell you, darling." She had a so gentle smile on her gentle face.

"Don't lie to me! Why are you here?" Romane stated with a strong voice. A voice they had never heard her use.

The woman laughed.

"You really don't know?" She laughed. "I'm here because you need to come back, and you know it. I'm here because of you. Because you abandoned me. Five years. Five years of prison. Because of you!"
Brian's eyes went wide. When she was crying, in the hotel room, saying 'she's out, she's gonna get me' was it that woman?

"And now, you're living with your dad. Do you really think he gives a shit about you? I believed you were more intelligent. You think he cares about a little girl like you? He doesn't give a shit. He tours nine month over the year, and the three when he's at home, he act like he cares, so you don't piss him off. Face the reality."

No one dared say a word. What the woman was saying was mean, but they didn't even know her father so...

"You're so ashamed of your dad, that they never met."

Romney stayed silent. Then whispered. "Why?..."

"Why what?"

"Why do you do this to me,mom?"

She laughed. "Because you're born. Because one stupid day, I was drunk and I had unprotected sex with your stupid dad. And because of that stupid day, you ruined my life. I lost my job, my money, my time, my life because of you. And you always asked for more. You are a disease. I treated you like you deserved! And you put me in prison! And ruined even more my life! Did you think about me when you did it?" The woman was screaming.

"Go away" Brian said, through his clenched teeth.

The woman looked at him with a insane look. "Your boyfriend is protecting you? That's cute! Does he know the whore you are? I can still hear your scream as Arthur went deep down into you. Another thing you stole from me: him. He said to the police it was my fault. Like I said something to him, before he fucked your little body!" Tears were rolling down Romane's eyes, but everyone was too shocked to react. "You don't know how I wish you had never existed!"

"Why didn't you choose to get an abortion?" She whispered through her cries.

"I'm not heartless!"

Romane stared at her, and answered in french. "Because breaking me, making me suffer is better?" Romane stood up, and the woman did the same.

"Yeah. It is." She had such hate in her voice.

"Go away..." she whispered.

Kaleb understood what she was saying, not all but a part.

"No."

"You should go." Kaleb said as he stood up. With that, all the other guys stood up too.

The woman looked straight into Romane's eyes.

"There isn't gonna be someone to protect you forever, babe. One day you'll be alone."

Matt made a threatening step in her direction.

Romane was just crying. Standing up, staring at her mom.

She walked away from the bus, banging the door. At the second she heard the sound, Romane exploded. Her legs weren't supporting her, she fell, sobbing. Brian caught her before she reached the floor. Holding her close. Her head went to his neck as she sobbed. His head rested on hers. He rubbed her back.

Slowly, he carried her to the couch. He sat her on his lap, never letting go of her.

The only noise in the bus were her sobs.

Brian's hands stayed on her back and her head. Her own ones clenched on his shirt, as she cried.

"Calm down, Ro." He whispered, as he rocked her back and forth, to calm her down. "She's gone, now..."

Romane didn't answered to his voice. It was like she was numb. Numb and crying.

They all stayed there in silence a very long time. Ted was the one to break it.

"We should call her dad, don't you think?" He asked.

The other nodded. He took out his phone, and called him. Romane didn't made a move. It was like she couldn't hear them. She was in a shock state.

After two rings, her dad answered.

"James here" he said.

"Hello, Sir, it's Ted."

"What happened?" He had hear it in Ted's voice.

"I don't exactly know... her mom just came and...."

"Her MOTHER was there?!" Her dad screamed on the phone.

"Yeah she..."

He didn't let him finish.

"I'm coming." With that he hung up.

Finally, they were gonna meet her dad. But none of them was happy to see him. They were at least 10 hours away from home, so he wouldn't be there until the morning.

Romane hadn't move in Brian's embrace. She wasn't crying anymore. She had her eyes open, and her forehead against his neck. His cheek rested on her own forehead.

They stayed like that until Brian asked her "Wanna go to bed?" With a sweet voice.

She nodded in answer.

He stood up, with her in his arms, holding her like a princess. He went to the bunk area, and pulled her to her feet. Her head rested on his chest. He was still holding her, because her legs didn't carry her. He took the Metallica's shirt she used as pyjama. He handed it to her be she didn't move.
"Ro?" He whispered.

Her only answer was rising a little her left arm, showing him the zipper of her dress. He carefully pulled it down, then slowly pulled the dress over her head, as she rose her arms to help him. Once she was in her underwear, he pulled the big band shirt over her head, and helped her pulling her arms into the short sleeves. He was about to help her to the bunk when she whispered. "My bra...." he nodded.
He pulled his hand in her back, undoing it. Then he pulled his hand into her sleeves, to take off the straps. Then he put his hand in her shirt to took the bra away.

He took her off the floor, princess way, and gently put her in his bunk. As he pulled away, her hand gripped his arm.

"Don't go"

"I'm not going anywhere. Just let me change."

She let go of his arm. He kicked off his shirt and jeans. Once he was in his underwear, he crawled to the bunk next to her.

Instantly she pulled her head in his neck. He stroked her hair.

"She's gone now, and she will never touch you again." He whispered.

"I know" she whispered back.

"Then why are you still crying?" He asked, as he pulled away to look at her.

"I'm afraid."

His finger stroked her cheek.

"Afraid of what?"

"Afraid that you all are gonna change the way you look at me. Afraid of your pitiful looks. I don't want you to hate... I'm so disgusting..."

He took her chin between his finger and rose her head.

Brian bent his head, and put his forehead against hers.

"You are beautiful."

His statement put her on the verge of the tears. He knew it was what she needed to hear. But she needed a proof.

He closed his eyes, as he slowly pulled his lips on hers. He didn't move them, it was just a peck on the lips. Which stayed longer. It was innocent, but full of meanings.

When he pulled away, he saw something in her eyes.

"Nobody's gonna hate you. We loved you this morning, we still love you, and we're gonna love you for a long long time."

She broke into tears.

"Don't cry, baby" he rocked her. He never called her baby. And nobody knows if it was her nickname or a girlfriend's name.

Her head went to his neck once again. She sobbed there, as he clenched his jaw to not cry. Because he didn't wanted her to see him crying, but mostly because he knew she didn't needed him to cry. She needed someone strong, to hold her. If he started to cry she would think it was her fault, and she would try to stop his cries. He knew how generous she was, and how she wore her heart on her sleeve. And it was one of the sings he loved in her.

He kissed the top of her head, as he closed his eyes.

They stayed entwined until they fell asleep.

He woke up before her in the morning, and noticed they had moved. She was curled up into a ball, her back facing him while he was on his front, an arm under the pillow, the other around her. He came closer and spooned her, and kissed her shoulder.

After a while, she opened her eyes.

"Better?" He asked, his lips still against her covered shoulder.

She nodded lazily. He smiled.

"Breakfast?"

Once again she nodded.

He rolled out his bunk, and waited for her to do the same. Once she was out, he pulled his arm around her back, and dragged her to the mini-kitchen of the bus. He took some milk and cereals for her and coffee for himself. He sat them down on the couch, with her on his lap. The other were up but no one knew what to do.

No one really cared the fact that she was half naked. It wasn't important to neither of them. Even Brian, as she was on his lap, looked at her legs, or at her panties, because her shirt barely covered her thighs.

After at least ten minutes of silence, Jimmy turned the TV on, and found some cartoon. Romane smiled as she recognized The Pink Panther, one of her favorite. They all smiled back, just happy to see her smile. Brian kissed her shoulder, then rested his head on her shoulder. He admired her features. She was beautiful, even that day, without any make up, with her bed head, with stain of old tears on her face, she was beautiful. His arms went around her waist. He closed his eyes, just loving having her on his lap, her back against his chest. He had never felt that, it was new to him. Maybe it was because of the events of the day before, or maybe he would have react that way even if it didn't happened. He didn't know. And he didn't care.

They were eating, watching cartoon when someone banged on the door. They all froze.

Zacky stood up, since he knew Matt would want to open the door before a long time.

He simply froze once the door was open.

Why the fuck is there James Hetfield at the door?!
♠ ♠ ♠
Here it is :) I couldn't post earlier, i was getting my hair red! I hope you've liked it, I'll post the next soon :)
Have a good day!