Legends

17

Brian and Romane were the last to came into the living room the following day. He had still his arm around her. They ate their breakfast, then hang out for two or three hour.

They had two shows in that venue: the night before, that they cancelled, and this night. They didn't have any road to do with the bus.

Around noon, James left. The concert with Metallica was in two night, but he had a long road to do, so he wanted to go early. And he knew she was taking care of. He didn't felt like he was leaving her alone.

Romane didn't complained, she knew he had to go. Even if she wanted him to stay. She had her friends, here to take care of her, and she knew it. They would comfort her and protect her. At this exact moment she truly loved them.

And there was Brian. His arm was around her waist. She trusted him. He would be there if something happened. She saw it in his eyes.

The concert started at nine, Osmose first.

Around eight, they went backstage.

The three younger were stressed. Romane was the worst, trough. Her hands were shaking, like at their first concert. Or the first time they played with Avenged. And like all of those times, Brian went next to her, and helped her to calm herself.

This time, he sat next to her on the couch she was on. He pulled his arm around her shoulder.

"It's gonna be okay, Ro."

"No" she whispered. "I'm not good enough..."

"You're as good as me, Ro! You can do it easily!" He smiled.

She looked at him, not believing him.

"Do you trust me?" He asked. She nodded. "Then trust me this time. You can do it."

She gave him a faint smile.

After the show, that day, Ted and Kaleb asked to talk to Brian. Nodding, he followed them outside of the bus.

"What you want?" Brian asked.

"Just to talk about you and Romane." Ted answered.

Brian frowned. "What?"

"Are you together?" Kaleb asked.

"No." He wasn't exactly sure of that. But he didn't want a real relationship and all.

"Then stop acting like you are." Ted snapped angrily.

Brian rose an eyebrow.

"Stop looking at me like you don't understand! You need to stop making her believe you're with her if you don't want to be."

Brian looked away. He knew he should do that. But he loved being with her.

"Honestly, Bri" Kaleb said, way more calm than the drummer. "You know her, she isn't the kind of girl you can fuck and walk away. If you decide to be with her, do it. If you don't want to, then act like a friend would act."

"But she need someone, now."

"Maybe but you want to comfort her now to hurt her after? Isn't it better to be honest?"

Brian stayed silent. He didn't know what he wanted.

"What if I liked what we have right now?"

"You're just giving her hopes to break them after!" Ted almost yelled. Brian was making him mad. He was his brother, and he knew him very well. Ted knew Brian had feelings for her. But he didn't have enough balls to admit it, even to himself. He was too afraid.

"Calm, Ted" Kaleb said with a smile. He tried to calm the two brothers. "I understand you like it, but you might hurt her in the end." Brian shrugged. "Just think about it, okay?"

Brian nodded, and jumped back on the bus.

Even after that discussion, Brian didn't change his attitude at all.

Even when she was better, she still slept in his bunk most of the time. He was still close to her, even if he wasn't as close as he was the three or four days following meeting her mother. Brian thought Ted and Kaleb just thought too much about it. Romane and him were just happy with how things were. He didn't want to be in a relationship, and they weren't. They had never said what they felt for each other, they didn't have sex, they never called the other with those disgusting nicknames, they hadn't went to date or anything, they almost never kissed. No, they definitely weren't a couple.

So, he was still single. However, he hadn't have sex with anyone since the beginning of the tour. He was used to often have sex. It was somehow strange for him. But taking a girl to the bus was completely impossible: Romane slept in his bunk, and he would rather stay with than having to sleep next to a slut.

But he found it strange: he didn't miss sex as much as he was used to miss it. Okay, he wanted sex, but he wasn't desperate. Usually, not having sex for as long (a month or so) was having him beg to any girl. In fact he never waited that long. But now he wasn't feeling like he absolutely wanted sex.

Maybe I'm getting old. He shrugged.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

One night Brian opened his eyes in the middle of then night, and saw that Romane was missing. He frowned and get up to know why she wasn't there.

He found her on her own bunk, her laptop on her knees.

He smiled and walked to her.

She turned her head to him. "Oh, awake?"

"Obviously." He smiled. "What are you doing there? Didn't like my bunk?"

"I couldn't sleep, so I came here to listen to some music."

He frowned. "Something's bothering you?"

She shrugged. "Nothing more than usual."

He gave her a sad smile. "What are you listening to?"

"Genesis."

He smiled. "Can I come?"

She had a small smile as she blushed hard and nodded.

He crawled next to her. As she moved to make room for him, her big shirt moved on her torso, giving him a pretty good sketch to what her tattooed breast looked like. He quickly looked away.

Yeah, you're not AT ALL despaired, you have just popped a boner just because of a good sight.

He pulled his arm around her shoulder, as she rested her head on his shoulder. She was on Tweeter checking on Osmose account what people said about them. He looked for the ear-plug which wasn't in her ear, and spotted it in the darkness. It rested on her breast. It couldn't have been any where else, seriously?!

He felt his finger rubbing against her breast as he took it. He saw her blushing. She's so cute.
As he put the earplug in his ear he heard the beginning of Musical Box.

"I'm sure you love that song" he said.

She nodded with a big smiled.

"It's a beautiful song" he said.

"So strong" He nodded. "And so smart. At first the guy know he's gonna die, so the music is slow, then the music start, as he is angry about what's happening to him. He become fatalist for a second, then he get angry once again. He's sad, and angry when he talk about Old King Cole. Then the music almost stop as he feel like it's the end... and the music start again as he thought about her. Then he calm down, and then talk about her. And ask her to give him something to go, when he's really down, so the music is almost silent. Then he gets angry because she don't want to. And at the end, he's hurt. And the music follows him.... well, at least that's what I think"

He was smiling. "I don't know the song enough to tell you if you're right or wrong."

"Listen" she ordered, with her cute voice.

She pulled her computer to the side of the bunk, and took her IPod. She re-started the song.
They stayed in silence, in the darkness of the bunk, in each others arms.

While the song played, Romane thought about them. Were they together, like a boyfriend/girlfriend thing? No, they weren't. He never asked, and she never did neither.

She was sure it was because of sex. She wasn't able to have sex like it was nothing. But that was exactly what Brian wanted. Even if he liked her, he wouldn't stop his sex life for her, it was okay with her. She understood. He was treating her like that for the tour, and because he felt bad for her. She knew it. But she couldn't deny how she loved how he treated her. Always keeping her close, always caring. She loved every second of it. But she knew she shouldn't love it. But what if it was true? What if he agreed to be with her?

She closed her eyes to listen to the song.

She's a lady, she's got time,
Brush back your hair, and let me get to know your face.


She felt Brian's finger on her chin. She rose her head to look at him. The only light was the screen of her IPod. But she could see his face really close to hers. And his eyes. There was something in his eyes. He mother with the song the next verse.

She's a lady, she is mine.

Romane's heart stopped as he bent down to kiss her.

Brush back your hair, and let me get to know your flesh.

He finally let go of her lips. Her heart was still running in her chest.

He hugged her closer, without a word. But she knew what it meant.

She relaxed against him as his hand stroked her back.

Looking For Someone, by Genesis, started and the two were asleep before the end of the song.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's short, and I'm not really happy with this chapter >.< but it was really hard to write, sorry!!
P.S.: Go listen to The Musical Box, that song is sick! even if it made me listen to all the sad songs i know ._.
Have a good Day!